Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5530 flashing envelope icon

• 04-03-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

this is a minor problem but irritating nonetheless - hope someone can help.

just got a Nokia 5530 XpressMusic. Since I inserted my SIM an envelope has been flashing on the top right hand corner of the screen. when I touch it a note pops up 'SIM Memory Full'. Why is this? Fine - the SIM is full, I don't need a constant flashing reminder of this. any suggestions to remove it? There's nothing in the phone guidebook to direct me.

thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

My only suggestion would be to clear the messages on the SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

so even though there is nothing in any of the message folders on teh new phone I need to clear my SIM? Are messages stored on it from my old phone?? How do I clear them? thanks

Not sure on that phone, sometimes they're stored in the "saved messages" folder? Sometimes there's a "SIM messages" folder too.

yeh... all folders are empty. I was thinking that the Contacts was full but I don't have that many contacts..... I'll try and see if there is a 'go to SIM' function on the phone, cheers

Try the "delete all messages" function and see if that clears it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This happens with new nokia's. You need to go into the message settings, and change where to save the messages, between the phone and sim. You might need to turn the phone off and reboot after you do this to get rid of the notification

sorted! you were right - messages on the SIM. In the help guide on the phone it said go to Messages, then select Options, then 'view SIM messages'. There was only 36 of them and I was able to 'Mark all' and delete. Flashing envelope is gone. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

Hi, same thing happened to me. In Messaging, hit options then open 'SIM messages'. If you delete some it'll hopefully stop flashing! My sim had messages on it from years ago! Obviously my previous phones didn't use the SIM memory.

ianwalsh2 wrote: »
    Hi, same thing happened to me. In Messaging, hit options then open 'SIM messages'. If you delete some it'll hopefully stop flashing! My sim had messages on it from years ago! Obviously my previous phones didn't use the SIM memory.

yeh - the messages I saw were ancient all right! got rid of them so problem solved ;)

Advertisement