Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clio V Megane dilemma

• 04-03-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Can the Renault bashers stay out of this?!

We have an order in for a Clio 1.5DCI Tom Tom, mother liked it but it is turning into a very long wait. She paid a small deposit and is availing of the scrappage scheme.

Thing is she could buy a 2009 low mileage new shape Megane 106bhp Dynamique from the UK in the morning for €1000 less, and keep the old car. Spec looses out sat nav but gains ESP. I know she will loose her deposit but that in nominal.

A class up for less cash with many of the same virtues? What would you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

Does the UK price include VRT?

Note you'll have only 2 more years warranty rather than 3 with the Clio.

(how much longer do you have to wait for the Clio?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Yes, the price all in is around €14,000. The Clio could be another 8-12 weeks, and we have been waiting 6 weeks, Renault can't seem to give an accurate delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

For what its worth theres a boat leaving France on the 24th of this month and it seems to have all the cars I've been waiting for on-board including a Clio Tom Tom that I've been waiting on since early January. Expect delivery at the very end of the month if you do hang on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

The Clio could be another 8-12 weeks, and we have been waiting 6 weeks, Renault can't seem to give an accurate delivery.

I know the feeling. The OH ordered a Clio about 5 weeks ago now and we've been told it could be another 6-8 weeks. To be fair, the deal on the Clio is amazing value, so personally I'd hang on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'm not sure about the Clio, but in the Megane (in Ireland anyway) the Tom Tom edition actually adds a whole lot of spec above the Dynamique besides the sat nav: dual zone climate, rear PDC, keyless entry + start, auto lights and wipers plus some other bits and bobs. nice stuff to have....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Spec wise the UK Megane loses out on climate, Sat nav, privacy glass (can certainly do without that) over the Clio Tom Tom, but not much else, it gains hands free keycard and ESP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd go with the Megane, bigger car refinement and newer design would sway it for me. The Clio is a fine car for the money but it has been around 4 years now and the Megane is a class above it.

Advertisement