Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regeneration on Prime Time

Options
  • 04-03-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

These programs are nomally more influential than lobby groups. I wonder will anything more be done

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Regeneration will it ever happen, who knows,
    Limerick is like a tale of 3 cities, The posh part, the normal part & poor part. (and the dying city centre)
    If they do succeed, whats to stop the scumbags petrol bombing the new houses?
    Lock them all up and throw away the key!
    Its still shocking to see the poverty limerick people are living in in the year 2010, but they are hidden from tourists as they are not areas you drive through. unless your getting bus to crescent.
    We had a minister in government for how long, good riddance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

We have a posh part where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Areas in and around the North Circular?

I have to say speaking as an outsider, it boggles my mind when I see the conditions in Southill, Moyross etc. That these estates have been allowed to get even half as run down as they are is a total disgrace and should have the city council in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think its all down to the type of people that live in such places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Mc Love wrote: »

no, it is not, it is down to the 1%, who the cops are in dread of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

There is no posh part of Limerick. You are never more than a stones throw from the "bad" areas so no matter how much you would like to consider parts of Castletroy and North Circular Road as the next Beverly Hills the reality is that you are in Limerick regardless. Sure there are thick ignorant knuckledraggers who would label those who change out of their pj's to go shopping and speak well as "posh" and then there are the self-deluded Mercedes driving gang who consider membership of Castletroy Golf Club as being some kind of badge of honour that allows them to swell up like toads for the local rag newspapers. One lot are as idiotic as the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

and do you think these people would be like this if they were brought up in a middle class/upper class area. is it not their environment that they are a product of????

think before you make sweeping statements in future. how many pple do you actually know from moy ross??

Where is Moy? And how do you know his name is Ross?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Under your Location it says "Capital of Irish Rugby!". One of the most exciting young rugby talents to emerge in recent years comes from one of these "places" and is very proud of it. Doubt you'd know much about what i'm talking about, assume your another hopper on the Munster bandwagon that looks down from an ivory tower on people from council estates. Ya I'd say thats you down to a t Mclovin.

Most of the 'posh' people of limerick have parents or grandparents from southill, (although they would not admit it)
    What we saw on primetime tonight was squalor and it needs to be fixed.
    It looks as bad if not worse than 3rd world country,
    A lot of limerick 'decent' people bought their own houses & looked after them, now there stuck where no-one deserves to be stuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Where is Moy? And how do you know his name is Ross?

there is a forum elswhere on the site called Spell Czech for this kind of crap. post that kind of nonsense here again and I will ban you.

• Advertisement

and do you think these people would be like this if they were brought up in a middle class/upper class area. is it not their environment that they are a product of????
    think before you make sweeping statements in future. how many pple do you actually know from moy ross??

Well if they were anyway like the "posh" people in parts of raheen, north circular road, dooradoyle with lets just say the same amount of infrastructure as the likes of moyross wouldnt you think they would want to keep their area respectful. I dont believe cleaning up an area will teach these folk anything. You either want to make a change in your lifestyle or you dont simple as
    Jigga wrote: »
    Under your Location it says "Capital of Irish Rugby!". One of the most exciting young rugby talents to emerge in recent years comes from one of these "places" and is very proud of it. Doubt you'd know much about what i'm talking about, assume your another hopper on the Munster bandwagon that looks down from an ivory tower on people from council estates. Ya I'd say thats you down to a t Mclovin.

He is very proud of what? Moyross/Southill? I'd say he is more proud of being from Limerick and is proud to be playing for Munster. You dont know anything about me, I have supported club rugby all my life (shannonrfc) which is in close proximity to Moyross/Ballynanty so dont even think of giving me that crap.
    here here. mclovin seems to have quite a superiority complex towards anyone less fortunate them himself. good riddance, i have a feeling regeneration doesnt effect mclovin, his ivory tower is probably faily well furnished.

Its not about being less fortunate. Its all about being raised well and having respect for the people and the surroundings in which you live in something you probably know nothing about.

Regeneration has affected me and many of my neighbours, many families have been re-housed in the area which has led to more crime, more vandalising. Its good to see people, including family members determined and succeeding in not making where we live another future regeneration project

Posh People FTW

Please note: This was written on my ivory keyboard, attached to my ivory computer in my ivory house while i am sitting in my ivory Y-fronts.

Get a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

He is very proud of what? Moyross/Southill? I'd say he is more proud of being from Limerick and is proud to be playing for Munster. You dont know anything about me, I have supported club rugby all my life (shannonrfc) which is in close proximity to Moyross/Ballynanty so dont even think of giving me that crap.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/0530/1224247745726.html

"I love Moyross, and if anybody asks me on this Lions tour I won’t say I’m from Castletroy, I’ll say I’m from Moyross. I love Moyross and I’ll always say I’m from Moyross, and if someone bad mouths it, I’ll always stick up for it."

PS since your a Shannon fan I assume you condone threatning refs and headbutting 14 year old kids :rolleyes:

Jigga wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/0530/1224247745726.html

"I love Moyross, and if anybody asks me on this Lions tour I won’t say I’m from Castletroy, I’ll say I’m from Moyross. I love Moyross and I’ll always say I’m from Moyross, and if someone bad mouths it, I’ll always stick up for it."

PS since your a Shannon fan I assume you condone threatning refs and headbutting 14 year old kids :rolleyes:

Why would you say you are from Castletroy if you are from Moyross?? Thats just stupid! Its where he grew up of course he would like it, otherwise he would have moved to Castletroy

Oh because everyone associated with Shannon RFC goes around threatening refs and headbutting 14 year old kids! I dont condone that behaviour but have you ever been to a rugby/hurling/football match where the ref wasnt abused?

And as for the incident in Bruff, thats still in the hands of the Munster Branch so I would watch what you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

What has me puzzled is...how will regeneration go towards combating anti social behaviour??
    Just cause you get a new house you're suddenly going to change your scummy ways???

How about we tackle the actual issue...
    Which involves a tiny percentage of scumbags making the area and lives of their neighbours hell and punish them appropriately.
    Thus no need for regeneration in the future..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

There are Estates in Limerick that are poorly planned, barely serviced by infrastructure, lack sufficient green areas, consist of row after row of dense high volume Housing squashed into too small an area and most of them have all been built within the past 10 years.....Only difference is that us Idiots thought they were worth €250,000+ for a time.....

In 30 years time will we have to pay to knock our crappy new Fianna Fail Estates in Annacotty, Dooradoyle and elsewhere? Moyross and Garryowen have more green areas than most of the New Estates where greed and stupidity competed for our attentions.

- Theres no sense or hope in any of it :(

Travel the world people ask where are you from?Limerick. They will most likely say where's that?
    Go out for a pint in limerick, people ask where are you from? Limerick, then the next question is what part?
    Does it really make a difference, think its down to way a person behaves.
    I'd still like to know what they have spent all the money on, €50 million so far i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Travel the world people ask where are you from?Limerick. They will most likely say where's that?
    Go out for a pint in limerick, people ask where are you from? Limerick, then the next question is what part?
    Does it really make a difference, think its down to way a person behaves.
    I'd still like to know what they have spent all the money on, €50 million so far i believe.

Well a lot of cars were bought, and lots of family members were given jobs within the scheme, with many of them getting company cars as well.

Was a thread on here some time ago on it after a number of names were listed in the paper along with the "company" cars they received as part of their wage deals.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well a lot of cars were bought, and lots of family members were given jobs within the scheme, with many of them getting company cars as well.

Was a thread on here some time ago on it after a number of names were listed in the paper along with the "company" cars they received as part of their wage deals.

Its the Irish way.....

- If something is worth doing then its worth doing badly, with expense abuses and the inclusion of all your inbred relatives and crooked Friends.

The real pity here is that its only going to give FF and The Green Party an excuse to turn their back on it claiming it was mismanaged and blah, blah, blah......

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Limkcliffy

The 2006 census of Limerick, reports that the North Circular Road, Ennis Road including Clonmacken and Ashbrook, are the most privileged In Limerick.

You can not even buy a semi in the North Circular road for less than half a million. Half a million in Castletory would buy a house on its own grounds.

Castletroy has a high number of social housing and would not be in the same league.

€500,000 for a Semi in NCR Limwreck.....?

- Fools and their money are soon parted, then mugged, then assaulted in their own homes......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Limkcliffy wrote: »
    The 2006 census of Limerick, reports that the North Circular Road, Ennis Road including Clonmacken and Ashbrook, are the most privileged In Limerick.

You can not even buy a semi in the North Circular road for less than half a million. Half a million in Castletory would buy a house on its own grounds.

Castletroy has a high number of social housing and would not be in the same league.

Yeah and? If I had half a million the last place I'd live is Limerick. It's like placing a diamond on a fresh pile of manure and standing back to admire it. If North Circular Road is some kind of elite league to aspire to then some people have clearly not left the confines of this hole of a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Limkcliffy wrote: »

where does it say that? i thought the cso only went into big areas like caherdavin, raheen etc. any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

the Census goes into every home in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Kess73 wrote: »

I can't find this link anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

RonMexico wrote: »
    There is no posh part of Limerick. You are never more than a stones throw from the "bad" areas so no matter how much you would like to consider parts of Castletroy and North Circular Road as the next Beverly Hills the reality is that you are in Limerick regardless. Sure there are thick ignorant knuckledraggers who would label those who change out of their pj's to go shopping and speak well as "posh" and then there are the self-deluded Mercedes driving gang who consider membership of Castletroy Golf Club as being some kind of badge of honour that allows them to swell up like toads for the local rag newspapers. One lot are as idiotic as the other.
    I second this sentiment. You are so right.

Advertisement