Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS on address useful?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Is it useful to my gps co-ordinates on my address for couriers? and if so how does it work? i got my coordinates of gpsvisualizer.com/geocode but is it reliable? do i put longitute and latitude? what about the rest of the numbers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to GPS forum

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unless you are in a area thats hard to find there is no benefit really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

I'm not in a hard to find area but sometimes couriers mightn't know the area too well

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your address is on GPS maps then that should be good enough. I could not imagine couriers bothering with anything else.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My mobile number is more useful in my case.

My street does not exist on any map a courier is likley to have installed, except for OSM because I put it there myself. But a GPS co-ordinate would not really help as it still wouldn't be accurate enough to narrow it down to the actual house and the council have still not bothered themselves to put up a sign naming the street. There is a sign for one road to the left of my house that is for the houses that start 20m past the house to the right, that sign is actually 20m too far to the left though and on a completely differently named section of road. Within about 40m there are at least three houses that the delivery driver could identify as being the one they are looking for, purely based on bad road signage. A GPS co-ordinate is not going to help them in finding me, only a phone call will work. :mad:

It's a disaster whenever Pizza Hut get a new delivery driver and they spend 15minutes driving around getting lost. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement