Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HELP cancel sky player

• 04-03-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

hey i was wondering does anyone know how to cancel the sky subscription for xbox live..i got the 1 month free sky package with the remote etc and now i have 1 day to cancel or ill have to fork up 50e for a crappy sky player

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Go to https://skyplayer.sky.com and sign in.

In 'Accounts and subscriptions' click into 'manage subscriptions'. From there you can click 'cancel my subscription', I think the option is at the bottom of the page. You'll still have sky for the rest of the month but it wont renew afterwards.

And just in case you do want to renew, play.com are selling these at 2 for €33. Thats a good price for 6 months xbox live and 2 months sky player.

I just put through an order so they will deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

thanks Do i have to create a new sky account etc to redeem another code..i dunno if ill get one..id find it hard to sell the remote and 3 months sub

Fol20 wrote: »
    thanks Do i have to create a new sky account etc to redeem another code..i dunno if ill get one..id find it hard to sell the remote and 3 months sub

No need to create a new account. As long as you cancel the subscribtion it will give you the option of inputting another code when you go into 'manage subscriptions'.

If you dont want to but the pack you can get the code on its own online for £7:

https://www.gamepointsnow.com/points/Sky-Player-1-Month-Sky-Sports-and-Entertainment-Pack-Subscription

They were mentioned here before but I have never used them. The code will be emailed after payment. Do a search and you might find some feedback on them.

Gave gamepointsnow.com a go there and they sent two email, one saying payment taken then another saying I'll be getting a refund. No explanation yet either so I'd avoid in future.

I tried another one after called instantxboxcards.com for £8:

http://www.instantxboxcards.com/productdetail.php?Prod=gHQ=

Had the code delivered straight away and it works perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jooboy

Hi there MGS fella
    good reply to that's guys question. I've also took advantage of the free month with the remote (saw em for £30 at Dixons then next day GAME were doing 'em for £15 with 3 months Live & months Sky- same price as 3 months Xbox gold daft eh? know anyone who wants to buy remotes ?)

ANYWAY I'm Just checking before I click "Cancel my Subscription" link at the bottom of MANAGE ACCOUNTS page.
    I will DEFINITELY still get my subscribed Package for the rest of the month up until the "Billiing Date" at which point it will only let me watch the news?

strange before I subscribed I only had sky News playing but I thought I should get BBC and all the freeview stuff is that right?

CHEERS

PS Is MGS available on xBOX?

Jooboy wrote: »
    ANYWAY I'm Just checking before I click "Cancel my Subscription" link at the bottom of MANAGE ACCOUNTS page.
    I will DEFINITELY still get my subscribed Package for the rest of the month up until the "Billiing Date" at which point it will only let me watch the news?

Yep, you can even go back after you cancel it and add ESPN or Sky movies and then cancel again. You'll keep the channels for the rest of the month.
    strange before I subscribed I only had sky News playing but I thought I should get BBC and all the freeview stuff is that right?

No, all that content is UK only, cant get iPlayer over here.
    PS Is MGS available on xBOX?

No :(

Advertisement