Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car broken into in Ilac Centre carpark

Options
  • 04-03-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

My car was broken into in the ilac centre car park about two weeks ago. The fecker pryed open the passenger door and got to the lock that way. This was a busy Sunday evening by the way. Anyway, one of the guys who worked there told us that they don't have any cameras except at the payment points and at the entry/exits so no video evidence! Also, that my type of car, peugeot 206, were being broken into there before Christmas. The guards caught the guy and he was convicted but then the incidences with the 206s started again and the guards told them that the suspect was out of jail. It seems he's out and about again and there's nothing being done about it by the Ilac Centre. Basically, this is just a word of warning to people about that car park. Got the car technically examined but no word back yet. He took my sat nav( which was in the glove compartment) and some shoes which were in their box ready for returning, along with the receipt, of course. Oh, and my car was the only one broken into that day. Seems he's got some knack for the 206s:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

oh no thats awful. my car was broken in to on oriel hall at the back of the IFSC in jan. they stole my sat nav too, it was in the glove box. mines a yaris. They broke the window of the drivers side. They also broke into loads of other cars that evening. My friend whose a Guard said not to bother getting it a TE done, as these thugs do it for a living and wouldn't leave anything behind.
    hope u get some good news- I didn't :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Shaws wrote: »
    My friend whose a Guard said not to bother getting it a TE done, as these thugs do it for a living and wouldn't leave anything behind.

That's purely laziness, htf will they know unless they actually check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Unfortunately the 206 is a very easy target as they have a weak door frame that allows the little flea bag to bend it back at the top and just stick his arm in and pull up the lock button. The MK2 punto was another common target, i once caught a fella swinging out of my 3 series trying to do the same.
    was your car alarmed? its enough to put of most of the little swines,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Masada wrote: »
    Unfortunately the 206 is a very easy target as they have a weak door frame that allows the little flea bag to bend it back at the top and just stick his arm in and pull up the lock button. The MK2 punto was another common target, i once caught a fella swinging out of my 3 series trying to do the same.
    was your car alarmed? its enough to put of most of the little swines,

Dont forget Micras..you can bend the door open even if all you've ever been fed is ovenchips and duunes cola.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Problem with Sat navs when they are taken down and 'put safe' the mark is still on windscreen from the sucker which normally attaches them - it is like a neon sign to car thief.

Even taking away the sat nav won't stop them breaking into the car cos they assume that it will be left in there anyhow!

Doesn't make the theft easier to stomach I know but perhaps just be aware with the next sat nav.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ah feck, that's my car. Nothing in it ever worth robbing though, thieves if you are reading this and know where my car is :pac:

I wonder if I leave the glovebox open will they not bother?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A halfwit friend of mine had the rear window of his poxy new jeep smashed in because he left a gym bag on the passanger seat.

It cost him over 500 quid to replace the window and the accomplished thives got a pair of socks and a towel.
    The moral is leave nothing in plain view...these lowlifes will steal anything.

Advertisement