Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography mock corrections

Options
  • 04-03-2010 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

hey, just wondering what anyone thought of geography examcraft corrections? did ye think they were marked very hard? cause for questions i had learnt off by heart in long questions, i only ended up getting 14/30.

just want to see what others think? is it the notes i was learning or the corrections?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Most likely the correctors, don't worry! Have a chat with your teacher about it. Mock corrections are notoriously harshly corrected - like in my biology one things that were clearly right were corrected wrong. Consider it a good thing, it'll get you to work harder for the actual LC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

ya it definately will! i wouldn't mind but i thought geography would be my
    best result and it's my worst so far! :eek:
    AND the corrector left out a full one of my scripts- never corrected it! the whole human section! now my geog teacher has to correct that and change my mark.
    if there's any geography teachers on this would you mind if i PM'd you one of my answers for human interaction with the rock cycle- quarrying, and see what you'd give? thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Yeah kind of ironic that topics that I've covered and learnt really well (Regional, Physical questions etc.) were given low marks while I got a really high mark for my option o_O(I only spent 2 hours on it and we haven't even covered it in class).

Being Harsh > going too easy though.

They may be hard, but I think you should give your answer to your teacher and ask him/her how to get full marks for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

Yeah, I know. But you see the thing is the answers I wrote were off sheets our teacher gave us, and she told us that they were "full mark questions."
    We were looking at the marking scheme given by the company today in class and it says that you need 15 SRPs for a 30 mark question, whereas the curriculum states that the old '15 SRP's' way has changed. You don't need that many SRP's, and you get marks for overall coherence. Still, I would have had 15 SRP's in that question!
    On my option, I only got half marks, even though I had learnt off the answer beforehand. (Our teacher told us what question was coming up because we had just started the option section the week of the mocks.)

Advertisement