Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinamore for a session

Options
  • 04-03-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

Me and the lads are going on our quarterly all day session in the coming weeks and instead of doing one of the usual Galway, Kilkenny, Dublin etc I was thinking we'd get back to basics.

What would ye think of Ballinamore? Where's hot and don't say to go to Carrick on Shannon as we're trying to steer clear of the obvious places for a change.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Yes Ballinamore is awesome ;) But I could be a little biased :P Any pub in town is grand followed by Freddies after on a Saturday night and you can't go wrong ;) Some pubs attract a younger crowd whereas others are more popular with the older drinkers, depends what you're looking for ?? It's a grand spot but it's no carrick, much smaller town and only the one nightclub but it's far from the worst !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Yes Ballinamore is awesome ;) But I could be a little biased :P Any pub in town is grand followed by Freddies after on a Saturday night and you can't go wrong ;) Some pubs attract a younger crowd whereas others are more popular with the older drinkers, depends what you're looking for ?? It's a grand spot but it's no carrick, much smaller town and only the one nightclub but it's far from the worst !!

There's ONLY 2 decent pubs in Ballinamore (out of 8 pubs at last count) - Priors and Smyths. The rest are quite frankly sh1te.

<SNIP>

Mod edit: we can do without those type of comments

stepbar wrote: »
    <SNIP>
    That's the only reason anyone goes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

There's ONLY 2 decent pubs in Ballinamore (out of 8 pubs at last count) - Priors and Smyths. The rest are quite frankly sh1te.

<SNIP>

Mod edit: we can do without those type of comments

Fair comments TBH. I take you have no idea where we're talking about so I fail to see why your so quick to edit? If only the place in question would take on board what I said life would be a lot more enjoyable.

Fair comments TBH. I take you have no idea where we're talking about so I fail to see why your so quick to edit? If only the place in question would take on board what I said life would be a lot more enjoyable.
    +1 but mods can't allow names to be mentioned in all fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LaDiDaaaa

ballinamore is great for a pub crawl, and drink is quite a bit cheaper, id never pay more than 4 quid for a vodka and dash, 3.50 where i normally go! atmosphere is friendly! poor scholar is a great spot! but be warned it can be very quiet if theres no birthdays or events on. ive been in freddies where there are no more that 25 people! nevertheless it was still a brillant night! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kittykat1983

LOVE LOVE LOVE ballinamore!! Can't beat it for a good session, good laugh, good people!!! Would always recommend it!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

OP, Ballinamore is very hit and miss! If you get there on a quiet night it is a disaster. I brought friends there one weekend - when there was a festival going on- and it was one of the most boring and lifeless and empty festival I've ever been to! Be careful..

Sligo is good.. I'd even say chance Manorhamilton intead of Balllinamore- pub called Heraghty's can be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

pog it wrote: »
    Sligo is good.. I'd even say chance Manorhamilton intead of Balllinamore- pub called Heraghty's can be great :)

are u comparing sligo with ballinamore...:eek: id imagine ballinamore is like something out of pure mule. backwater in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Shane10 wrote: »
    are u comparing sligo with ballinamore...:eek: id imagine ballinamore is like something out of pure mule. backwater in the middle of nowhere.
    Careful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Shane10 wrote: »

your probably right..:D

feck me, I live on the edge of Ballinamore and out of all the places I lived in Ireland (inc. Sligo, Athlone, Mayo, Wexford & Gorey), this ranks as the most boring place

CamperMan wrote: »

feck me, I live on the edge of Ballinamore and out of all the places I lived in Ireland (inc. Sligo, Athlone, Mayo, Wexford & Gorey), this ranks as the most boring place
    It's a small town, what do you expect ?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

CamperMan wrote: »

Cant be that bad seeing as you just built a new house there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

You'd be better going to Ballyconnell,just up the road and far better nightlife imo.

Like someone said,it can be hit and miss,good on bank holiday weekends and the odd night.
    The festival is always a good time to go out though,town is packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

muffler wrote: »
    Cant be that bad seeing as you just built a new house there :D
    not started the house.. probably won't either..

the weather is getting to me...

Ballinamore like the rest of Co. Leitrim is great.... but if its pi$$ing it down and howling winds, it's miserable ;-)

Advertisement