Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn fertilizer

Options
  • 04-03-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if its too early to fertilize the lawn? Any recomendations on a pet safe fertilizer? Its awful looking at the moment with all the dead grass so I want to make sure its nice and green come the summer. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Unless you are near the coast I would hold off for another few weeks as there is little or no growth at the moment and only a rise in temps will change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

ok thanks for that. Live in Laois so maybe I have a bit of a wait for the temp to rise! Just so depressing looking at yellow / brown grass; maybe I could spray paint it green lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

I know how you're feeling. My lawn never looked as brown and dead, hard to imagine it ever looking green again. Time and patience I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

If you were going to put some out in the next week or so, use fertilizer high in Nitrogen like 18-6-12.

Cheers

Moggie

Advertisement