Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

semi auto centrefire rifles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Chief superentendent

Right...With ye now:o:o
    I just call him Sir and buy him a pint when I see him in the pub...:D
    and clean his gutters,mow his lawns,walk his dogs,paint his house....It all helps:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I have a vaild reason for my pistol that didnt stop him not renewing it

Exactly :(

A good or even excellent reason isn't good enough for some of them :mad:

It's not all rosie in the garden or black & white, unfortunately :mad:

dwighet wrote: »
    and clean his gutters,mow his lawns,walk his dogs,paint his house....It all helps:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Call him "Sir" :eek: He works for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Call him "Sir" :eek: He works for me ;)

you wish...........................:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I have a vaild reason for my pistol that didnt stop him not renewing it

Thats because IMO... there trying to remove as many pistols from shooters hands as the media had a field day about them awhile back also, it was in alot of cases (I dont know about your case) origilnally not that hard to get a pistol licence so I feel (again just my opinion) that there refusing prople on the basis that if they really want it thell go to court for it.
    dwighet wrote: »

There is no need to kiss his/her arse :P but honestly if you put forward a convincing arguement then it makes it hard to say no. Even still you can bring him/her to court should you think the decision made is unfair.

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    you wish...........................:mad:

I am not a criminal and he is still just a civil servant, therefore, he works FOR me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

Thats because IMO... there trying to remove as many pistols from shooters hands as the media had a field day about them awhile back also, it was in alot of cases (I dont know about your case) origilnally not that hard to get a pistol licence so I feel (again just my opinion) that there refusing prople on the basis that if they really want it thell go to court for it.

I agree if you want it that much you should go to court thats why I DID

There is no need to kiss his/her arse :P but honestly if you put forward a convincing arguement then it makes it hard to say no. Even still you can bring him/her to court should you think the decision made is unfair.
    I agree also but its hard when you have no consistency equality and the make it up as I go policy that they seem to fallow and to be fair not all them are like that but in my view the licensing of firearms should be taken away from the gardai after vetting and only should have an input on security and there primary function If you break the law with your firearm
    revoke it

I agree also but its hard when you have no consistency equality and the make it up as I go policy that they seem to fallow and to be fair not all them are like that but in my view the licensing of firearms should be taken away from the gardai after vetting and only should have an input on security and there primary function If you break the law with your firearm
    revoke it

AGAIN..... i cannot stress enough that yes.....there is no consistant equailty (as meathshooter said) among SI and CS's ..........and while i may not have stressed it enough on boards.ie I have among shooters said and hepled in any possible way i can to solve the problem ..........

BUT ...... I (again this is just my opinion)think that the irish nation suffer from "sheep syndrome" and in fairness we eccept the corrupt, incompetent, lying sorry excuses of irishmen and women that are our "repesentives". We are so institutionalized as are the gardai that they aswell ....dont want change with the times... look we still have a vastly unarmed police force !!!!

IMO there opinion is that " well they havent had it in the (insert corret alotment: 10,20,30 years) so im not gonna rock the boat and allow them to have it." atttude. This ties in with the handgun situation that many find themselves in that if you want it youll have to fight for it.

If you are serious about shooting then stand up and fight ! there are enogh pistol cases being over turned on a regular basis to show that what they are doing is completely unjust !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

just wondering how hard is it to licence a semi auto rifle say 223/308 will the CS have a heart attack under the policy of I dont like the look of that?

I used to own a super vepr 308 win when i lived in Norway.This is the only semi auto legal for hunting in Norway.
    It was shooting 1/2 moa on 100 yards every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

I used to own a super vepr 308 win when i lived in Norway.This is the only semi auto legal for hunting in Norway.

Fine looking rifle based on the ak I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

If i remember rightly there was a case of someone getting a full auto glock 18 by mistake a few years back could be just a rumor
    Not that long ago you could buy an 'extra' for the Glock 17 on eBay that made it selectable semi/full auto.

The same can be done permanently with a Dremel in about 2 minutes, you would have to buy a spare part of the one you altered to swap back to
    semi-auto.

Makes the gun illegal of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8xCB2r6V9c&feature=PlayList&p=764A7BA32FB417FC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=53

Fine looking rifle based on the ak I think

Thats right the civilian version of the Ak 47.You can buy it in Norway.
    http://www.artemis.as/

Artemis Vepr Super "Full Package":

Molot Vepr Super, 308w / 223R Semi-automatic rifle
    BR Reflex T8 Suspension
    Binoculars: IOR 2.5-10x42 / MP-8/IL
    Steel QRW rings, 30mm black matt
    UIT rail recessed in lost scolded
    Adjustable cheek support
    Finishing Equipment, Otis 7.62 / 5.56 Sniper Kit
    Tofot, VersaPod for UIT
    Briefcase with molded hard foam with pitches to all parts including radio with long antenna
    Wide strap
    UIT strap adapter
    Thurs magazines, 5 +5
    Bedding
    Tapping and porting for curbs

Work (rail, cheek support, bedding and tapping) is performed to the full cost.

All this for a package price of 27,400 .-

roughly 3400 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

demonloop wrote: »
    Makes the gun illegal of course.
    Not to mention that it pretty much breaks all of the Firearms Acts.
    Seriously, I lost count of how many sections that would break, not just the domestic law but the EU law as well.

Perhaps the less said about the entire topic the better -- but certainly please don't anyone mention any specific details of how such a conversion could be done, and let's just put it on the record that if a mechanical failure effects such a conversion for your firearm (and it has happened in the past through completely innocent wear and tear), don't fire it again until it's been fixed by a competent gunsmith.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Sparks wrote: »
    Not to mention that it pretty much breaks all of the Firearms Acts.
    Seriously, I lost count of how many sections that would break, not just the domestic law but the EU law as well.

Perhaps the less said about the entire topic the better -- but certainly please don't anyone mention any specific details of how such a conversion could be done, and let's just put it on the record that if a mechanical failure effects such a conversion for your firearm (and it has happened in the past through completely innocent wear and tear), don't fire it again until it's been fixed by a competent gunsmith.
    Panic not, that's a given.

beautiful...... i have a few friends in your neck of the woods who are big into there practical...

would the norwegain government consider something like the H&K SLB 2000 for hunting ? pertty much on simular lines.. ( sorry but im a H&K fan) I considering getting the SLB 2000 target for pinking

that (I presume) reflex suppressor has given me a bit of a hard on :P Im using 1 on my G3 at the min and its GOOOOOOD !

beautiful...... i have a few friends in your neck of the woods who are big into there practical...

would the norwegain government consider something like the H&K SLB 2000 for hunting ? pertty much on simular lines.. ( sorry but im a H&K fan) I considering getting the SLB 2000 target for pinking

that (I presume) reflex suppressor has given me a bit of a hard on :P Im using 1 on my G3 at the min and its GOOOOOOD !

Hi Gunhappy

I agree with you there H&K is german engineering at its best.
    Also the H&K 416 is the standard assault rifle in the Norwegian defence forces now.
    Here is the new list of approved semi automatic rifles for hunting in Norway.Your rifle is approved for hunting and targetshooting.
    • Winchester M/100
    • Browning BAR (med unntak av Browning BAR M/1918)
    • Remington Modell four
    • Remington modell 7400
    • Remington 742 Woodmaster
    • Ruger mini 14
    • Ruger mini 30
    • Heckler & Koch modell 2000
    • Marlin modell 45
    • Marlin modell 9 camp carabine
    • Valmet Petra
    • Valmet Hunter
    • Voere modell 2185
    • Vepr-308 Super cal 308 win