Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons Den IRL Season 2 Episode 2

• 04-03-2010 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

This girl is cute, and a very sharp girl..Notice that she didnt want to work with Sarah either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

They must have edited out her response to Sarah's offer, she thanked the two boys then went straight to Niall. She did well did Dee, didn't she! Must keep an eye out for the burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysus the boots, and I dont think making your product synonymous with a witch is not very clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Does Sarah have to be sooooooooooooooooo rude, she was horrible to that man with the paint brush holder, even if she doesn't like the idea there is no need to be so rude i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Sarah should be kicked off the show. An 'empty dragon', she seems like a nasty peice of work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i hope this guy tells sarah to go and shyte, even if she's the only one to make an offer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Sarah should be kicked off the show. An 'empty dragon', she seems like a nasty peice of work too.

I AGREE SHES JUST A SNOBBY NO ALL

i hope this guy tells sarah to go and shyte, even if she's the only one to make an offer!!

Was just thinking that to myself, i don't even think she would be very helpful either.

She's only making the offer to keep her place on the Den.
    patwicklow wrote: »
    I AGREE SHES JUST A SNOBBY NO ALL

If I was on the show and she rejected me, I would laugh and tell her what I think of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

ah ah shes made an offer a rubbish offer at that................

Birdsong wrote: »
    Was just thinking that to myself, i don't even think she would be very helpful either.

Me too. I would take Bobby's money and tel her to go and fuk off with herself .. She was sooooo rude to that chap with the paint brushes.

there's still time!! say NO!!!

**** sake.. best of luck listening to that trollop.. I wouldnt work if she matched that money in cash for me as a sweetner. There is no way that she should have been brought back for a second series.

I'm thinking of inventing something to bring to the show, just so I can tell her to fuk off .. any ideas.

You've just shook the devils hand my friend.

i'd love to see bill cullen tell her where to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭j2dab

I have a serious problem with Sarah, One of my most hated people going.

Dee was on with Tubridy this morning. She said that she forgot to thank Sarah for her offer :-) What a snub..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Did ya see the wheelie bin compactor ?

None of the irish "dragons" seemed to realise such a thing has been on the market abroad , from other suppliers, for many years ! I went in to yahoo + quickly found about 15 different manufacturers of them. On ebay + amazon they are less than half the price your man in Wexford is selling them for....+ he claims to have invented + patented them !
    What a joke.

The dragons on the UK dragons den would have been much more clued in.

jimmmy wrote: »
    Did ya see the wheelie bin compactor ?

None of the irish "dragons" seemed to realise such a thing has been on the market abroad , from other suppliers, for many years ! I went in to yahoo + quickly found about 15 different manufacturers of them. On ebay + amazon they are less than half the price your man in Wexford is selling them for....+ he claims to have invented + patented them !
    What a joke.

Well isn't this a good bit of news to start the weekend.. The first time Sarah actually puts her hands in her pockets its for a product that's already out there, in cheaper forms but probably no less in quality. Huzzah!!

I cant believe not one of them saw it on the Late Late Show either... Not even one of them.. And was last year when Kenny was on it. Personally I would be a bit worried as to how little progress he has made with it in the meantime.

Still, I'm sure Sarah will be on to him night and day, making sure that he has the proverbial rocket up his backside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 S.T.A.R.S

Got my date today. I'm on the April 1st show. Dead nervous now!! lol

S.T.A.R.S wrote: »
    Got my date today. I'm on the April 1st show. Dead nervous now!! lol

Well if that dont put the mockers on it anyway.. What were you up with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 S.T.A.R.S

Sorry dude can't say. I had to sign an indemnity release form. Watch and you'll find out!! haha It was so nerve wrecking! Think I did okay!!lol:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Ive watched the Irish version of Dragons Den a couple of times, and must say, it left me with the feeling that, if a rock solid guarantee of a profit isnt forth coming, forget it.

Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Only got to see this tonight...

One thing that struck me is that the Irish Dragons are far too quick to bow out rather than compete for the investment like they do in the UK show. :confused:

Bobby was too interested in trying to get witty soundbites, Gavin was unusually restrained but was the only one who made an effort to be constructive and encourage the contestants, Niall as always fades away into the corner for most of the show, Sean was pretty quiet this week too, and Sarah.. well Sarah made her first investment but not before being snide and condescending to everyone else first!

The Irish Dragons (with the exception of Gavin) still don't seem to get the idea of the show though.. to take a punt on an idea and a person. Given the money being asked for in most cases isn't exactly huge (€30k?), you have to wonder what they're expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

I suppose to most of them 30k - plus the time it would take to manage an investment - does not grow on trees.
    Hard to blame them I suppose. Some may have their own financial worries now already, like lots of other business people.

I wonder how much they are paid by the producers of the programme ?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Have to agree with most of the posts here, the show is very disappointing. The dragons really just want to see safe investments, despite the low amounts of money being offered (the UK version regularly shows entrepreneurs asking for 100-200k sterling). You would have thought that they would take a gamble.

The actual dragons are not very charismatic, nor are they hugely successful, again unlike the UK version. Given how the UK version had non-UK dragons (Richard Farleigh for example), I would quite like to see the producers recruit some non-Irish dragons should it mean they are of higher quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 petera

Hi folks,

Peter here with the paint brush holder from dragons den. It's nice to here the comments but don't worry I'm still going strong. The business is going well and only time will tell of success or failure. When you go on a show called dragons den you can expect to be chewed up if they are on a bad day.

Thanks again for your comments.

petera wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Peter here with the paint brush holder from dragons den. It's nice to here the comments but don't worry I'm still going strong. The business is going well and only time will tell of success or failure. When you go on a show called dragons den you can expect to be chewed up if they are on a bad day.

Thanks again for your comments.

We all dislike Sarah too petera!

My friend decided to buy the Bin Trasher, Sarahs investment, but you can't pay by credit card - its paypal or send them a cheque in the post.

With all her expertise in on-line purchasing you would imagine Sarah would have advised the guy to get his website working to its full potential especially the week after being on the den.

She does my head in, her rudeness is uncalled for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lads, One thread per week.

Start a new thread on the Thursday to discuss each new show.