Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Licence Renewal question

Options
  • 05-03-2010 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi folks, can someone tell me is it compulsory to put the referees dates of birth on the firearms application form its just that it seems to me that anything compulsory has an M or C in brackets after it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I don't know for sure, but, I put both of my ref's DOB on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

AFAIK it doesn't appear to be compulsory or mandatory to give the dates of birth of your two referees. However, as they are both supposed to be over 18 years old, this would seem to be the only way of indicating this on the form.

On my own applications, I did give the DOB's of the two referees. I suppose it gives your F/O one less question to come back to you on and makes his / her job just that tiny bit easier.

Hope that's of some help. dC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kubel

Thanks for the replys think I'll just stick the DOB's in less hassel all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The (M) and (C) designations should be ignored. There's an example form on the NARGC website and a guide in the important threads thread. ;)

The DOB field is for pulse lookups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I put one my boss, I wasn't happy about asking her what her DOB was, my GP was the other, I couldn't get past the receptionist to ask that so I left it blank. Anyway, two months down the road I got a call from my FO, asking for the GP's DOB, after telling him the story, he asked how old is he roughly and seem to work from there. However, my understanding is its not required info, but they like it to check up on pluse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

My FO asked for both referees DOB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Irish Springer

Same here, he asked for both, i wasnt sure at the time and when he rang them he got the details from them there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

I didnt need the dobs at all. But every case differs i guess :)

Advertisement