Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

production and remixing?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hi everyone, im looking to get into dance music production and also remixing and mixing songs any idea what would be the best (i.e cheap, simple to use and good) software to use? ive tried fruity loops on a free trial before but this time i will be buying the software thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

? Why would you buy software in advance when you can have trial version to see which one suits you the most ? Doesn't make sense to me.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rayhartjnr

hi everyone, im looking to get into dance music production and also remixing and mixing songs any idea what would be the best (i.e cheap, simple to use and good) software to use? ive tried fruity loops on a free trial before but this time i will be buying the software thanks in advance!

I think Ableton is the best software to use if your starting out,

in saying that I don't use it myself but often I think I should have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Ableton seems to be the most popular choice nowadays. You can get a fully working demo for 2 weeks I think. Works after that but you cant save.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

shayleon wrote: »
    ? Why would you buy software in advance when you can have trial version to see which one suits you the most ? Doesn't make sense to me.
    cheers.

In fairness I think the OP said 'thanks in advance', not that he'd be buying the software in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

thanks ill give ableton a go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

if you buy the novation launchpad you get a version of ableton live8 bundled for free
    €175 seems to be the going rate for the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

mordeith wrote: »
    In fairness I think the OP said 'thanks in advance', not that he'd be buying the software in advance.
    in fairness - my post was daft . whoops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Pingu-D

if your using a mac logic is the way to go! its a tad heavy and maybe a bit expensive but I found it to be the one i turn to as soon as i get a spark! reason is pretty sweet and reasonably priced and is quite easy on the computer your using! Live is great for remixing but unless ya get the full versions your kind of limited from the start imo

Advertisement