Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cassette to CD transfer in Galway?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Galway I could get an old cassette put on CD? I'm kind of stuck, and need it in a hurry.
    Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Hynes' on Dominick Street (across from The Barber's Chair, on the Mill Street end of the street).

Tenner for a tape and around €15 if you want it broken up into tracks.

You could do this yourself pretty easy.. Connect earphone jack of hifi to microphone on laptop/computer and get some software to record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

You could do this yourself pretty easy.. Connect earphone jack of hifi to microphone on laptop/computer and get some software to record it.
    Audacity will clean any noise and split it into individual tracks fairly easily if you go this route.

The little electrical store opposite McSwiggans sells the 3.5mm to 3.5mm leads for 1.50 I think..

I'd do it myself just to see if I could.. Plus it's cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

it's very easy to DIY - I'd go that route as others have suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JTC83

Thanks guys. Have audacity already, just missing the cable and getting lazy about it! Will give it a try tomorrow. Appreciate all the help :)

Advertisement