Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSD Problem

• 05-03-2010 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

Just got a 80gb intel x-25 from Adverts, only got to play around with it an hour ago..

So far its not being recognised by XP, in Admin tools, after rescan and in device manager.

The BIOS on my DFI NF4 SLi D is also not recognising it even after a CMOS reset.

I've heard it needs some drivers but i think thats only for RAID which im not using.

Windows 7 and XP install CD's do not detect this drive also.

Has anyone got any idea how i can get this working? or what might be causing this issue.. maybe it was formatted incorrectly?

I'll try it on a laptop in the morning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

Hi molloyjazz

If the bios cant see the intel x-25 then its broke or not conected right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

Its connected fine, i've even tried differnet Sata cables and all of the Sata ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭skar

dun79 is right.

give a try to external 2.5'' hdd case ..see if that works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

molloyjazz wrote: »
    Its connected fine, i've even tried differnet Sata cables and all of the Sata ports.

After trying it in a laptop and it being detected fine, i went back to my PC and then noticed i totally overlooked using differnt psu connecters.

It now shows up in the BIOS and is detected by 7, but im unable to install onto it, i've tried deleting partions, creating one, formatting etc.. still can't install getting some error about the BIOS not being able to boot from that drive so 7 won't install.

Any SSD heads out there, Help is appriciated!!

After googling abit i read in a forum about trying install Vista first then 7 on top of it.. so downloading vista now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can add drivers for HDDS(and presumably SSDs) in the first steps of setup, when it gives a list of partitions and drives there is a button for drivers at the bottom.

Have you downloaded Intels management tool?
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455&ProdId=3114&lang=eng

• Advertisement
Advertisement