Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets Increasing price of burgers...

Options
  • 05-03-2010 8:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Before anybody starts with the 'You didnt have buy...the invitation to treat...this is not a ripoff..i told you so stuff' this is a just an observation i have made and this is more to highlight the increases in prices in eddie rockets.

Basically they have increased the price of the majority of their 'Burgers' by 5c a pop, so essentially the prices of practically everything are coming down and good old Eddies stick theirs up. Dont think this price can eb justified at the minute but im sure one of the 'this is not a ripoff brigade will educate me'

Noticed that the price of the malts has decreased but then €4 for 3 scoops of ice cream and some malt was always a pisstake.

Rock on eddie rockets if only your M50 burger wasnt so god damn nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I find Eddies to be very good value.

Eddies now do a combo deal where you can get a fries and a Coke for €3 with any burger.

Using the combo deal you can get a classic burger meal for only €9.50 and with most other burgers €10.50.

They also have a lot of new burgers including a very nice grilled pineapple burger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

jahalpin wrote: »

Eddies now do a combo deal where you can get a fries and a Coke for €3 with any burger.

Using the combo deal you can get a classic burger meal for only €9.50 and with most other burgers €10.50.

They also have a lot of new burgers including a very nice grilled pineapple burger

the pineapple burger is amazin <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

jahalpin wrote: »

Let me stop you...a burger plus frozen chips and a Syrup 'Coke' for 9.50 is not good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

"Eddie Rockets.

Empty your pockets."

Sure they are a legend in Irish slang by now, everyone knows you get mugged when you go in there, and they have the cheek to make you feel guilty about not tipping for a Burgerking meal with a malt.

Anyway we all get the urge for an Atomic burger sometimes so maybe they are right and giving us what we want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Ive never had an Eddie Rockets Burger

Are they nice ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Are they nice ?

Atomic burger, cheese fries and a strawberry malt. :p
    Prepare to join the website www.iamnotfatjustbigboned.com

garlic and cheese fries om om om nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Nah, chilli cheese fries with garlic poured over them and mixed, simply heaven.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Are they nice ?

They are like Big Kahuna burgers.

Jip wrote: »
    Nah, chilli cheese fries with garlic poured over them and mixed, simply heaven.
    il let you know my views by Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Dont think this price can eb justified at the minute but im sure one of the 'this is not a ripoff brigade will educate me'
    Have you given it any real thought? In most shops there will be some person setting prices, he has to "justify" putting the price up and down to his manager or the owner. Now the fundamental reason for any business to be in operation is to maximise profits, and by putting up the prices they must reckon this will maximise their profits.

A real eddie rockets ripoff was highlighted before, one poster said their burgers were far smaller than the 1/3lb of meat they claim them to be. I would certainly regard that as a ripoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

rubadub wrote: »
    Have you given it any real thought? In most shops there will be some person setting prices, he has to "justify" putting the price up and down to his manager or the owner. Now the fundamental reason for any business to be in operation is to maximise profits, and by putting up the prices they must reckon this will maximise their profits.

A real eddie rockets ripoff was highlighted before, one poster said their burgers were far smaller than the 1/3lb of meat they claim them to be. I would certainly regard that as a ripoff.

So this would be classed more as Gouging the customers as opposed to rip-off? The cost of the base product more than likely has not risen so they are sticking the prices up to squeeze extra profits out of the consumers.

Again i suppose it would depend on how a Rip-off is defined.

Cant be denied its bad form on Eddie Rockets side but then if we pay they win regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

So this would be classed more as Gouging the customers as opposed to rip-off?
    You can call it what you want, it is still maximising profits in my mind, it is not exactly a cartel they have going. I am really saying the only justification of pricing that has to go on is the person setting the prices justifying to their manager -the customer can speak with their wallet/feet, and they might change prices if enough people stop going.

You first said
    Rock on eddie rockets if only your M50 burger wasnt so god damn nice.
    Perhaps many eddie rockets customers feel like this, they will pay over the odds and still go there, I expect they have worked it all out, raise the price and see what the market will bear -in this case you are still going. The likes of McDonalds might go the opposite way, they might not have such loyal customers and so sell cheap to maximise profits.

In dun laoghaire I have gone to chippers on saturdays since mcdonalds can have massive queues, no doubt popular due to the cheap food. If the chipper dropped prices they might not be able to cope with demand. Its all a balance. Some people will also equate high prices with quality, just look at "premium" beers. In recent years you have seen heineken & budweiser sold for €1 a bottle or less, this never happened in the early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

a rip-off dump of a place, they'll never beat KCs in Douglas, Cork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

Let me stop you...a burger plus frozen chips and a Syrup 'Coke' for 9.50 is not good value.
    or over 7 euro for two portions of chips, rip off

Advertisement