Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leanne Moore

Options
  • 05-03-2010 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Leanne Moore is singing on the Late Late show tonight to be in with a chance of representing Ireland in the Eurovision. Get topped up and vote for a Limerick lady to represnt Ireland

Song:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I don't get why people support someone in a song competition for the simple reason that said person is from their city. If people are interested the competition shouldn't they vote what song they like the most and what song they think would be most successful.

I have no interest in it myself but I wish her all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is she from Limerick? I thought she was from Clare. Blackwater, Parteen, Clonlara or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Did the Messy Cow take her 'vote for me' signs off our Roundabouts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

magma69 wrote: »
    I don't get why people support someone in a song competition for the simple reason that said person is from their city. If people are interested the competition shouldn't they vote what song they like the most and what song they think would be most successful.

I have no interest in it myself but I wish her all the best.

It all comes back to the inward looking small town politics, vote for your own because there's someone from the next parish in the competition too and we can't have them winning it...etc etc....

It's a load of crap, vote for the song you like, not the person who lives nearest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

foinse wrote: »
    It all comes back to the inward looking small town politics, vote for your own because there's someone from the next parish in the competition too and we can't have them winning it...etc etc....

It's a load of crap, vote for the song you like, not the person who lives nearest to you.

Would agree with that. People complain that in the Eurovision when countries vote for neighbouring countries and not for the quality of song, yet in all the so called "talent" shops on tv and in things like this song, the hype is to vote for someone because of where they are from/based.

Shan't be voting for her song as I think it is awful, but I hope it is a step to her getting further in the music business as she always comes across as a pretty decent sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Berty wrote: »
    Is she from Limerick? I thought she was from Clare. Blackwater, Parteen, Clonlara or something like that.

Correctomundo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Vegeta wrote: »
    Correctomundo

ya she's from corbally.

a lot of people i know dont think she's hot but theres something about her..she's so sexy!

leanneMoore_255593t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I want to see Justin Lee Collins represent us at Eurovision

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So,Corbally is in Limerick City now?Tbh,if I did watch the late late show I'd vote for whoever deserved to go thru.

But yes,yes,she is hot.

So,Corbally is in Limerick City now?Tbh,if I did watch the late late show I'd vote for whoever deserved to go thru.

But yes,yes,she is hot.

Yes it is, only 2 areas of Corbally aren't in Limerick City, Shannon Banks and Westbury. The rest is within the city boundaries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Berty wrote: »
    Vegeta wrote: »
    Correctomundo
    dave 27 wrote: »
    ya she's from corbally.

a lot of people i know dont think she's hot but theres something about her..she's so sexy!

leanneMoore_255593t.jpg

She grew up in Caherdavin actually, but later moved out to Ardnacrusha.

She considers herself to be a Limerick lass.

Yes it is, only 2 areas of Corbally aren't in Limerick City, Shannon Banks and Westbury. The rest is within the city boundaries.

Was just a simple question,I'm not a Limerick native and when I lived in Corbally for a year,my mail was a mix of Co.Clare,Limerick City and Co.Limerick

That's why I asked

Was just a simple question,I'm not a Limerick native and when I lived in Corbally for a year,my mail was a mix of Co.Clare,Limerick City and Co.Limerick

That's why I asked

And that's why i answered, you asked a question i answered it, simples.

And Carraig Midhe where I lived in Corbally is in Clare,so that would be 3 places? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

As much as I like Leanne Moore, I wouldn't piss on john waters if he was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The song is tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These two have a better chance of winning the Eurovision imo:

fatherted.jpg

But then again maybe RTE cannot afford to win it as it costs a fortune to stage it the following year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

the song sucks. and just to get you back for trying to steal my vote for a stupid song im going to vote for everyone else. and ill get everyone i know to vote for everyone else. i think i have a spare 20 quid to spend on votes for everyone except her:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

bazz26 wrote: »

fatherted.jpg

But then again maybe RTE cannot afford to win it as it costs a fortune to stage it the following year.

falacy

eurovision actually pay for the event. it was on today fm this morning

bazz26 wrote: »

fatherted.jpg

recycling the "my lovely horse" thing shows a clear lack of imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

RonMexico wrote: »
    She grew up in Caherdavin actually, but later moved out to Ardnacrusha.

She considers herself to be a Limerick lass.

That's why I asked
    And that's why i answered, you asked a question i answered it, simples.
    And Carraig Midhe where I lived in Corbally is in Clare,so that would be 3 places? :D

Fair enough. She can claim both really.

I lived in Shannon banks. It had two address's when you feel like it.

Knocballynameath, Parteen Co Clare

or

Shannon banks
    Corbally
    Limerick

Clare address for house and car insurance.
    Limerick address to get your post faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

recycling the "my lovely horse" thing shows a clear lack of imagination.

Just like most Eurovision entries then.

I know Leanne and she is a truly lovely person, sound out. I hope she does well. That aside I hope The Rubberbandits enter next year for the laugh:D

RonMexico wrote: »
    I know Leanne and she is a truly lovely person, sound out. I hope she does well. That aside I hope The Rubberbandits enter next year for the laugh:D

Next time you see her tell her to find out who is sending out text messages on her behalf and tell her that what they are doing is in breach of the Data Protection Act.

Next time you see her tell her to find out who is sending out text messages on her behalf and tell her that what they are doing is in breach of the Data Protection Act.

Can you PM me with some more details? Like the number they are being sent from. Cheers.

they are not being sent from a phone number. it has the name LeanneMoore where the number should be

Leanne here,I'm a finalist in Eurosong 2010 in tonights Late Late Show. Please vote for me LEANNE MOORE singing DOES HEAVEN NEED MUCH MORE. Thank you so much le.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I got the message and so did my dad.

Thanks to this thread,Im now watching the Late Late Show :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Leanne's a cracking singer, seriously talented, a dote, and a stunner, but that song is woeful!

I mean, who the hell rhymes "Jehovah" with "Supernova" ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

they looked like 5 barbie dolls ,, why do they drown the vocals with backing music

Advertisement