Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leanne Moore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What everyone must remember that the songs are for Eurovision :p

Vote Song 1 to 53125

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Theres ecstasy in heaven apparently!must say ,Leanne,at least you've got your looks

Finished 2nd from bottom. Thought she should have come 2nd.

Its a pity Limerick couldnt give her the 12 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

yay all is right in the world:D

the song sucked its sounded crap and the performance was crap. just because she is from limerick doesnt mean she should be backed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Icky Thump wrote: »
    yay all is right in the world:D

the song sucked its sounded crap and the performance was crap. just because she is from limerick doesnt mean she should be backed

HEY! That's not right - Look at Mozart, he would never have reached the pinnacle of the music industry without ignorantly petitioning Strangers with unwanted text messages and littering the Landscape with begging signs and desperate posters.

- Sometimes huge musical talent needs a hugely artificial, manufactured and nonsense boost.

P.S. Yet another Friday night where I have to go to bed while accepting the bitter fact that nobody shot Ryan Tubridy thrice in the face.....

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    HEY! That's not right - Look at Mozart, he would never have reached the pinnacle of the music industry without ignorantly petitioning Strangers with unwanted text messages and littering the Landscape with begging signs and desperate posters.

- Sometimes huge musical talent needs a hugely artificial, manufactured and nonsense boost.

P.S. Yet another Friday night where I have to go to bed while accepting the bitter fact that nobody shot Ryan Tubridy thrice in the face.....
    :D im ashamed i spent a friday night watching the late late show.............. combined with the eurovision:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mc Love wrote: »
    Finished 2nd from bottom. Thought she should have come 2nd.

Its a pity Limerick couldnt give her the 12 points

Its more of a pity that people get sucked into supporting no talent singers purely because they're from the same city instead of supporting genuinely talented musicians who will never get a break as they dont try and appeal to the lowest common denominator morons who watch stuff like this

shame on you OP shame on you

krudler wrote: »
    Its more of a pity that people get sucked into supporting no talent singers purely because they're from the same city instead of supporting genuinely talented musicians who will never get a break as they dont try and appeal to the lowest common denominator morons who watch stuff like this

Leanne Moore has a talent for singing. She is a very good singer. Maybe the song didnt do her any favours, but she has a quality voice!

Oh and shame on me for wanting to support a local Limerick girl Icky Thump:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

There was no bass line, would have helped a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

HEY! That's not right - Look at Mozart,

Well the Austrians haven't had a good run at Eurovision :D

the rest of your post I agree with though.

As for the text messages they were not unwanted, they were unsolicited and therefore illegal. I am not saying that she was even aware of them (I have my suspicions as to who was) but I will say it did influence my decision to vote for anyone but her.

e-mail spam is one thing, but mobile phone spam i consider to be quite invasive.

it looked very bad

106897.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Why did I get a text message from this chick? I've never even heard of her.

supermommy wrote: »
    Why did I get a text message from this chick? I've never even heard of her.

because someone with a database full of local mobile numbers sent out a mass unsolicited text message prior to the Late Late show asking for people to support her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

because someone with a database full of local mobile numbers sent out a mass unsolicited text message prior to the Late Late show asking for people to support her.

That is bad form and, if anything, it was probably counter productive. Whoever had the bright idea of sending those messages didn't quite think it through. That's dreadful PR for the girl. It only fuels my contempt for this reality tv style rape of the music industry.

Leanne Moore has a talent for singing. She is a very good singer. Maybe the song didnt do her any favours, but she has a quality voice!

Oh and shame on me for wanting to support a local Limerick girl Icky Thump:mad:

there are alot of local talents who arent given the opportunity she has been given.

all the publicity all the hype all the help help she was given after winning the little reality tv show a couple years back and what has she done since? i remember she was going for some audition in the west end but what has she done??

do you support all the local talents?

do you even go to gigs that local bands play at?
    alot of us on here do go to local gigs. you may find that bakers(for independent bands) and dolans are pretty good at putting on gigs

can you even name one real local talent?

i admire the fact your standing by the fact you want her to do well and i hope all the local talenys do well but this is a national song competition and voting for a person because of where they are from is what the eurovision has turned into these days. its a disaster. you vote for the best talent. you dont vote for the place they are from. i refuse to vote for anyone who tries to convince me that they deserve my vote on the basis of where they are from and not what the represent(politics reference but in this case what song they represent.

Leanne is an undoubted talent but she is everything i dislike about music. she is a glorified wanna be pop princess. thats it. she sings what they tell her to sing. they doll her up the way they think people will like her. she has a good voice but i can probably give you a couplep hundred names in this city alone that have good voices and alot better talent when it comes to music.

now OP you tell me why Leanna Moore deserves my support?

on a seperate note i voted for the Foreigners(sorry cant remember where they where from):D i thought it was refreshing to see someone actually going for it that just wanted to perform and try to win. they where pretty good. i dont think we will get past the qualifiers again this year.

my prediction = big hype the week before it and we finish 3rd or 4tyh from bottom in the qualifying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i think i saw her out last night after the club, she was wearing a red dress outside hmv..so hot, i think im going to stalk her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Icky Thump wrote: »

Leanne is an undoubted talent but she is everything i dislike about music. she is a glorified wanna be pop princess. thats it. she sings what they tell her to sing. they doll her up the way they think people will like her. she has a good voice but i can probably give you a couplep hundred names in this city alone that have good voices and alot better talent when it comes to music.

well said! shes a limerick 'celeb' thats about it, shes very good at local showbiz, has a brilliant voice, seems really really sound, and is a cracker.

But to truly make it even in the unoriginal pop chart industry, you have to have something a bit more special and unique. If I had received a text like that I would have went out of my way to vote for someone else, I am very very anti mobile spam, and sending out those texts pretty much sums up what her career is founded on, not saying it was her idea or intention, but its just a completely different level to someone looking for recognition through genuine talent and originality.

The winners out of this whole new 'vote for me' style of music competing are the sms companies.

also , poster campaigns for these "vote for me" competitions are in breach of section 19 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997. Only election posters and posters for meetings are exempt afaik.

I hope Reg Turner was paying attention over the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Look, the only reason you vote for anything, anywhere is because you genuinely believe it to be the best contender possible, nothing more nothing less. And if you don't think that someone/thing is the best then you don't give them your vote, end of story.

This nonsense of voting for somebody because they share your address is absolutely ludicrous. It's a SONG contest, not a popularity contest and the very fact that this girl was pushing herself and her 'brand' as opposed to her song (which was absolutely dire) speaks volumes about her intentions.

Besides being averagely pretty, the girl has no real talent and thankfully the winner was worthy in the end. A winner who, in stark contrast to Leanne Moore, seems to actually have the interests of the country at heart for this competition, as opposed to feathering her own nest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

If you honestly think that Leanne is average looking, I'd like to know what neck of the woods you come from and also could you post a pic of yourself :pac:

I admit the song was crap, but so were the rest. At least she is presentable as opposed to the winner...who...well lets not go there.

• Advertisement

Would that be a local radio station perhaps?

RonMexico wrote: »
    If you honestly think that Leanne is average looking, I'd like to know what neck of the woods you come from and also could you post a pic of yourself :pac:

I admit the song was crap, but so were the rest. At least she is presentable as opposed to the winner...who...well lets not go there.

well while i think she is alot more3 than average looking. she is really pretty. and Leanne if your reading this;)............................

but to be fair the winner won because she had the better song. she had the better voice. she wants to win for the country and not to further her career.

we need a talented entry not a pretty entry

a little about our entry
    Niamh Kavanagh

72__32.jpg
    she was a very pretty girl. still looks pretty good considering she popped out a couple kids.

- born 13 February 1968
    - mostly known for winning the Eurovision in 1993
    - She was the Irish spokesperson at the Eurovision in 2008

she is clearly involved with Eurovision preperations and is proud to represent Ireland. with her we have a big chance in winning.

but......................... we will be lucky to get out of the qualifiers. not anything to do with her its just the way the eurovision is gone now

Would say its probably someone like smyths - I have gotten texts from Sinatras and Russells and never signed up for them.

no, it is the owner of a local public house.

Would say its probably someone like smyths - I have gotten texts from Sinatras and Russells and never signed up for them.

I have never gotten them from Smyths. I have received them from Russels and a shower called Empire Events who held one of their Get Rich by Giving Us Your Money events in the Strand Hotel last august.

The strand management were quite embarrassed by it as they did not send out the message, the event organisers did.

Leanne is gorgeous looking and as I have said before she actually is a really nice person.

To suggest that somehow Niamh Kavanagh is a more "genuine" contestant however is really clutching at straws.

I am sure all the contestants are proud to represent their country but to suggest that this isn't a career move for Niamh is daft. The eurovision is pretty much her career.

She was on the radio today and was talking as if she had already won the entire thing.

Pride before a fall Niamh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Look, the only reason you vote for anything, anywhere is because you genuinely believe it to be the best contender possible, nothing more nothing less. And if you don't think that someone/thing is the best then you don't give them your vote, end of story.

This nonsense of voting for somebody because they share your address is absolutely ludicrous. It's a SONG contest, not a popularity contest and the very fact that this girl was pushing herself and her 'brand' as opposed to her song (which was absolutely dire) speaks volumes about her intentions.

Besides being averagely pretty, the girl has no real talent and thankfully the winner was worthy in the end. A winner who, in stark contrast to Leanne Moore, seems to actually have the interests of the country at heart for this competition, as opposed to feathering her own nest.
    :eek:
    I met Leanne out watching a match in O'Driscolls before, she is a stunner in the flesh.

I didn't vote in this competition but of course I was hoping she would win it. When Ireland are playing in the World Cup do you shout for the oppositon if they play better football? No you support your own, but that's just my opinion. Those unsolicited texts are bad form though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Jigga wrote: »
    :eek:
    I met Leanne out watching a match in O'Driscolls before, she is a stunner in the flesh.

I didn't vote in this competition but of course I was hoping she would win it. When Ireland are playing in the World Cup do you shout for the oppositon if they play better football? No you support your own, but that's just my opinion. Those unsolicited texts are bad form though
    I'm from Ireland, I'm not from Leanne Moore. Besides, I'll berate Ireland if they play badly.

Jigga wrote: »

I didn't vote in this competition but of course I was hoping she would win it. When Ireland are playing in the World Cup do you shout for the oppositon if they play better football? No you support your own, but that's just my opinion.

There's a difference between being loyal and being delusional.

• Advertisement

Superficial much? And again, have you missed the whole point of the competition, which is a SONG CONTEST? You know, where people are judged on their ability to sing and not how they look in a rigout from River Island. One of those!

Look, Niamh Kavanagh's singing credentials speak for themselves and furthermore, she has already proven her capability in this competition by actually winning the thing before for goodness sake.

And on the looks note Ron, I'll be posting no picture of myself as thankfully I'm comfortable enough about my appearance without the need to prove myself to a Boards poster who rates a girl who relies on heavy makeup and cheap clothes to look average.

I just find it incredible that a young girl who can't sing for nuts but looks alright is being championed in a singing competition in favour of an excellent singer just because she happens to be less easy on the eye. Unsurprisingly shocking.

Advertisement