Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leanne Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Ive seen her not caked in make up and not dolled up before and she is gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

There's a difference between being loyal and being delusional.

...and delusional being people who think Niamh Kavanagh has a hope in hell of winning the Eurovision in its current guise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Look, Niamh Kavanagh's singing credentials speak for themselves and furthermore, she has already proven her capability in this competition by actually winning the thing before for goodness sake.

I just find it incredible that a young girl who can't sing for nuts but looks alright is being championed in a singing competition in favour of an excellent singer just because she happens to be less easy on the eye. Unsurprisingly shocking.

Although you'll have to admit that Niamh could do with a visit to Trinny and Susannah before heading off to Norway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

RonMexico wrote: »
    ...and delusional being people who think Niamh Kavanagh has a hope in hell of winning the Eurovision in its current guise.

Firstly, I never said she would win. I said she's a far better singer than Leanne Moore and therefore has a better chance. Which is seemingly what the rest of the entire country also thought Ron, but no we're all delusional and you and a handful of people on Boards of course are not. Lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Although you'll have to admit that Niamh could do with a visit to Trinny and Susannah before heading off to Norway...

Yeah definitely but I see her appearance as being secondary to her voice in this singing competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats such a female attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Wow, that song is just awful....pure cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Crystal Swing should be representing Ireland, if you havent seen their youtube vid look it up, its utterly amazing stuff

feck it, here it is, enjoy:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

magma69 wrote: »
    I don't get why people support someone in a song competition for the simple reason that said person is from their city. If people are interested the competition shouldn't they vote what song they like the most and what song they think would be most successful.

Well if you need a pothole fixed or a passport in a hurry... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the song was crap. Not her fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

in its current shape, the best possible entry we could put forward would be Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zuroph wrote: »
    in its current shape, the best possible entry we could put forward would be Jedward.

Rubberbandits ftw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

I'm from Ireland, I'm not from Leanne Moore. Besides, I'll berate Ireland if they play badly.
    OK, do you support Padraig Harrington in the golf or Sonia O'Sullivan in the athletics few years ago? You're not from them either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

She sing's "You're so naughty, kiss my Body" to her Brother.

- Worst bit is that its not even in the actual lyrics??????????? (?)

Everybody knows her,little Miss Rosa
    The queen of the trailer park
    Well,she's a hot pepper and you'll never forget her
    If you ever let her break your heart
    Senor' Jose,works all day
    Sweatin' in the red hot sun
    Row after row,everybody knows
    What they do when the weekend comes

He drinks tequila,and she talks dirty in spanish
    Him in his sombrero,her in her purty pink jammies
    The dance all night to the Mariachis
    Till there ain't nobody left standin'

Well,the music is blarin' and the neighbors are starin'
    That whole dang trailer is a-rockin'
    Jose's a-howling',the Chihuahua's growlin'
    And Rosie's peelin' off her silk stockings
    "Yo Senora,kiss my body,a brasa mi puerta"
    "Ay,yi yi yi yi,hoochie-coo,to dal ay nochay"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Jigga wrote: »
    OK, do you support Padraig Harrington in the golf or Sonia O'Sullivan in the athletics few years ago? You're not from them either

Harrington yes i support because he is an excellent golfer. in fact one of the best in the world. sonia................. i have no interest but if you do youll know she also represented australia

Superficial much? And again, have you missed the whole point of the competition, which is a SONG CONTEST? You know, where people are judged on their ability to sing and not how they look in a rigout from River Island. One of those!

And on the looks note Ron, I'll be posting no picture of myself as thankfully I'm comfortable enough about my appearance without the need to prove myself to a Boards poster who rates a girl who relies on heavy makeup and cheap clothes to look average.

Bitter much? You are the one who came into this thread with your bitchy remark that Leanne is average looking and also with your snide comments about heavy make-up and cheap clothes which are well wide of the mark. I made a joke which you then saw as an opportunity to launch into a goddamn tirade. You reek of hypocrisy and come across as someone with a chip on their shoulder the size of Mount Everest.

I know Leanne personally and she is a stunner without make-up and she is far from cheap. I am certainly not the only person who thinks that.
    Look, Niamh Kavanagh's singing credentials speak for themselves and furthermore, she has already proven her capability in this competition by actually winning the thing before for goodness sake. I just find it incredible that a young girl who can't sing for nuts but looks alright is being championed in a singing competition in favour of an excellent singer just because she happens to be less easy on the eye. Unsurprisingly shocking.

If you think the Eurovision today is the same as the competition that Niamh won back in the 90's then you are even more deluded than I thought. It is supposed to be a singing competition but hasn't resembled anything as such for the past few years. If you think the Eurovision is all substance over style then think again. Being able to sing well is one thing but the song matters too, as does the performance. Niamh Kavanaghs song sounds like it was put together by a committee...oh wait that's because it was. Freddie Mercury himself couldn't save that dirge of an attempt. You'd want to be tone deaf to think otherwise but then again you claim that Leanne can't sing for nuts :rolleyes:
    Firstly, I never said she would win. I said she's a far better singer than Leanne Moore and therefore has a better chance. Which is seemingly what the rest of the entire country also thought Ron, but no we're all delusional and you and a handful of people on Boards of course are not. Lol :)

Do you work for RTE by any chance :rolleyes: Niamh Kavanagh won't even make it out of the qualifying stage. It will be like the end of the Father Ted eurovision episode. - "No points!" "Nothing!" "No...nothing again there" :D Enjoy it. ;)

Post of the year Ron :)

wow things are getting personal here...................

so before the thread is closed i need to get in on the action:D

ok OP,

lets see let me guess you know leanna. ill even go as far as to say you are one of her "friends" maybe you came out of the woodwork when she was first on tv. maybe the only reason you wanted us to vote for her is because you wanted to go to the eurovision. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i wonder if any pro-Leanne people here can even say where the eurovision was on last year? what about this year?

Leanne is Pretty(believe me there:D) she also seems really nice. only met her once and dam i would................................ anywho.

the eurovision is still a song contest. yes you have eastern europe voting for eachother but that has always happened. in Irealnd we have always voted for the western countries........................

its always been like this./ its more noticable now because the eastern europeans slip into hundreds of other countries:D thats all.

Niamh has won before. yes her career is the eurovision but so what she loves the eurovision and has respoect for it. i doubt if you even watched it last year.

Niamh deserves to be there Leanne doesnt. Leanne has talent but will never be more than a drop in the ocean that is music.

but id hate to see anyone dis Leanne aswell. she is a sweet girl who is trying to get known as a singer. she tried to make her name bigger by the eurovision and it wont happen now but she needs to find a new way to promote herself rather than txt messages and trying to get locals to vote for her.

song contest not popularity contest not beauty contest

you dont back someone because they are from your local area. people like you is why this fecking country is up the swany

Jigga wrote: »
    If sonia o sullivan was being entered into a race based on text votes versus a fat girl from limerick, am I expected to vote for the fat girl from limerick because thats where I'm from? I'd sooner send the person we have the best chance with, or the person who most deserves to be there.

(although a fat limerick bird at the 1600m in the olympics would be pretty funny :pac:).

If sonia o sullivan was being entered into a race based on text votes versus a fat girl from limerick, am I expected to vote for the fat girl from limerick because thats where I'm from? I'd sooner send the person we have the best chance with, or the person who most deserves to be there.

(although a fat limerick bird at the 1600m in the olympics would be pretty funny :pac:).

:D evil fecker

run fatty run

In many ways you are right Icky. I didn't think that any of the five were good enough to represent us. Niamh Kavanagh has a great voice but I think she has a rubbish song and is unsuited to what the competition is today. (Ditto with Leanne - fine voice, bad song)

Oh and if anyone doubts Leanne's Limerick credentials then why not read her blog for some more insight. :cool:

http://lovelimerick.blogspot.com/

IBTL:D
    Icky Thump wrote: »
    lets see let me guess you know leanna. ill even go as far as to say you are one of her "friends" maybe you came out of the woodwork when she was first on tv. maybe the only reason you wanted us to vote for her is because you wanted to go to the eurovision. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I know Leanne, yes even consider to be one of her friends. Dont want to go to Eurovision but would like to see her fulfil her dreams.
    i wonder if any pro-Leanne people here can even say where the eurovision was on last year? what about this year?

Moscow and Norway
    Niamh has won before. yes her career is the eurovision but so what she loves the eurovision and has respoect for it. i doubt if you even watched it last year.

Niamh deserves to be there Leanne doesnt. Leanne has talent but will never be more than a drop in the ocean that is music.

Niamh has won before, doesnt mean she will win it this year? Maybe she should stand back and let someone else have a chance of winning it.

I cant believe you think Niamh deserves it more than Leanne? Why do you think she deserves to be there. Leanne has a lot of respect for the Eurovision. She has said in the papers that she would always sit down and watch it when she was younger and dreamt of singing in it. I'd call that respect.
    but id hate to see anyone dis Leanne aswell.

You just dissed her above

you dont back someone because they are from your local area. people like you is why this fecking country is up the swany[/QUOTE]

I backed someone because they are my friend, they are from Limerick, have talent - maybe a lot more than you or I. People like you my friend is what is wrong with society. This is what is wrong with Ireland nowadays. People used to stick up for their own kind back in the day - sadly not anymore

come on fat girl, you can do it! WOOOooo Go Limerick!

The song was terrible McLove. Not her fault (can you introduce me? :pac:)

I know the song was bad - but in fairness she is a great singer. I have heard her sing plenty of times on the bus back from Shannon matches - Great acoustics on a coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

two points

First cut out the bitching if ye want to get personal then this is not the place for you.

Second i dont care how good looking she is or where she buys her clothes. one of her supporters abused my personal information and there hasn't been a peep out of her about it in four days

RonMexico wrote: »
    In many ways you are right Icky. I didn't think that any of the five were good enough to represent us. Niamh Kavanagh has a great voice but I think she has a rubbish song and is unsuited to what the competition is today.

Oh and if anyone doubts Leanne's Limerick credentials then why not read her blog for some more insight. :cool:

http://lovelimerick.blogspot.com/

:D anywho................

yes your correct. none of the songs where good enough. i myself voted for the foreign lads because i thought it sounded like something that would be in the eurovision. plus we would get the votes from mainland europe for them:P

we need to promote local people writing songs for the eurovision. we need to reinvent our eurovision entry.

think something like pop idiol...................

everyone who wants to enter a song would have to find someone who would sing it for them. that singer would only sing that 1 song through the whole competition.

every county could have a local competition. it could be held in a function hall in the main city from every county at the end of november. they county could find 3 or 5 judges to elect the best singer/song (important!! this isnt a popularity contest and not a beauty pagent so we are not voting for the shortest skirt or the person with the most friends)

then the best from every county would go into a national competition on tv throughout december with the final on new years eve night. the voting would be by txt with only 1 vote per phone number (this would be to cut down on the same person voting 10 times for 1 entry). similar to this years we could have the public vote representing a percentage(should be 75% instead of just 50) we could then have a panel of 5 well known MUSIC critics or Music Personalities (walsh, dave fanning, Darcey, Dempsey, gerry ryan).

something like that would be short and sweet(just 5 or 6 weeks over november and december) it would keep alot of people happy with the reality tv crap and it could reinstall local pride (all the county representitives could do a little bio on their lo0cal county for their intro on national tv). it would make alot more people reintereted in the eurovision aswell.

the winner on the tv show would get a spot in the Eurovision representing their country and a single released from a record label with an option of an album. the runner up could get a single with also an option of furthering their music career. also the winning and runner up song writers could get a deal with an irish record label.

great incentives for local communities, towns, cities, counties, music writers, singers, national broadcasters, record labels and our irish eurovision hope

Mc Love wrote: »
    IBTL:D
    no idea what IBTL means:D

I know Leanne, yes even consider to be one of her friends. Dont want to go to Eurovision but would like to see her fulfil her dreams.

thats fair and i respect you backing your friend. but since i or most people here aren't her friend would it be better for us to vote on the best entry?

Moscow and Norway

god bless google search engine:D seriously i wasnt asking if you knew i just said you prob didnt know. i cant prove whether you did or not and frankly it doesnt concern me.
    Niamh has won before, doesnt mean she will win it this year? Maybe she should stand back and let someone else have a chance of winning it.
    yea your right. what a B***h for trying to win it again:rolleyes:

I cant believe you think Niamh deserves it more than Leanne? Why do you think she deserves to be there. Leanne has a lot of respect for the Eurovision. She has said in the papers that she would always sit down and watch it when she was younger and dreamt of singing in it. I'd call that respect.
    i use to sit down and watchit as a kid. in fact everyone did...............

does that mean i respect the eurovision.............. hell to the no. i cant stand it. but i watch it because i hate myself:D
    You just dissed her above
    no mate i seriously did not mean any disrespect towards her. i just stated why i would not vote for her
    I backed someone because they are my friend, they are from Limerick, have talent - maybe a lot more than you or I.
    she definitly has way more talent than ill ever have:D

she wont ever have my superior music knowledge though:D
    People like you my friend is what is wrong with society. This is what is wrong with Ireland nowadays. People used to stick up for their own kind back in the day - sadly not anymore
    ok thats my fault i made it personal. i am sorry.

but we live in a multi cultural; society where we do not have an "our own" attitude. we should stick up for eachother but we shouldnt vote for the weaker candidate based on the fact they are our neighbour.

#please can we keep this non personal mate or the thread will be closed. i am sorry for aiming any comment at you directly.#

Apology accepted - only replied as i thought it was a bit harsh and you put in in bold, although i suppose it wasnt in capitals ;)

Oh and IBTL means In Before The Lock :)

But yeah, the text message thing needs answering. did anyone get a reply from comreg or whoever?

Also,
    having looked at her blog, MCLove, if ur a mate, you might let her know if she wants to gain popularity the worst possible thing she could do is align herself towards that richie guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

rte gave me the runaround so i filed a complaint with data protection commissioners