Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla help!

Options
  • 05-03-2010 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Morning,

We have a new website and the admin side is run through Joomla. We really want to take control of the website in house for news updates etc so I just wanted to see is this Joomla program user friendly for a non techie?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 5minutejoomla

For for News updates and adding content, using joomla's admin area should take a non-techie being instructed by someone who knows Joomla about 5 - 15 minutes to master the steps. If you have no instructor, a good Joomla book and a couple of hours should do it.

And I am assuming by non-techie you mean someone who knows how to use computers for writing, etc. but has no coding or content management system experience.

If there are a number of people who will be updating the site and nobody in-house to instruct you, I'd say the best use of time and money is find someone local familiar with Joomla who can come in and instruct everyone at 1 time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mrs2be.ie

Yes Joomla seems easier to grasp than say Drupal. It's like most software, you need to put a bit of time into learning the basics by investing in a good book. Lynda.com also do good courses on it.

Advertisement