Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford United

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

comeraghs wrote: »
    Is the next game Shels in Tolka or at the RSC?

The next game is in Flancare Park against Longford Town. Next home match is against Athlone Town.

http://www.waterford-united.ie/fixtures/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

9-0 v tralee 1-0 v shels lets keep the run up with a win tommorrow night

Wexford Youths v Blues
    Ferrycarrig Park
    Fri May 14 2010, 8.00pm only a hour down the road :D, the support up at tolka park was amazing , lets hope its the same v wexford youths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 deisemad10

Super George does does it again ,lads what a player we have ,lets hope he stays until the end of the season and is not just using us to get fit again !!
    Big 3 weeks ahead of us now with away game to wexford youths we will be expected to win and big game at home to an in form cork city(foras) team and then of course the 6 pointer away to derry .

I think We will have a fair idea after those 3 games of our chance of auto promotion ,i think we must already be favs to at least get a play of spot behind derry .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

How are attendances holding up? I'd expect some of the hype has dropped recently. The World Cup is also likely to have a big impact over the summer.

There still very poor i must say couple hundred at most games ,bit better then last season though .A city like waterford with a great football tradition should be able to get 2000 - 3000 down for all our home games ,maybe then we could keep players like george ocallaghan etc which would also lead to better results and going up and staying up etc .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think a huge reason behind the capture of players the quality of Kearney and O'Callagan is the stability of the club. With recent events I think the lads would rather take a bit of a pay cut for the security of knowing that the club is unlikely to go under. Current management deserve credit for this.

I think the two major problems are almost impossible to overcome at the moment. One is the quality-people would seemingly prefer to watch even the Spanish football on TV rather than attend LOI. The second is the atmosphere within the ground. The athletics ground feel to the stadium results in a very dead atmosphere.

Good to see the place get the U21 and U23 games though, may get people back in the habit of going down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

i thought the wexford game was on sunday at 2 no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

south wrote: »
    i thought the wexford game was on sunday at 2 no ?

No it is on Friday night down in Ferrycarrig Park in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

def the people within the club deserve great credit for teh background stuff

I agree, the amount of people who play and regulary watch Junior games, and of course the tradition, really each home game should of a min of 2000... but that wont happen in Div 1...

Really think the irish league should be 1 big league... there are too many games against each other....

it needs a revamp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Odats wrote: »
    No it is on Friday night down in Ferrycarrig Park in Wexford

yeah i think wexford changed their games from sunday to a friday to bring in more of a crowd.

• Advertisement

deisemad10 wrote: »
    There still very poor i must say couple hundred at most games ,bit better then last season though .A city like waterford with a great football tradition should be able to get 2000 - 3000 down for all our home games ,maybe then we could keep players like george ocallaghan etc which would also lead to better results and going up and staying up etc .

I agree , especially now that premier league in england is over we should start getting more support over the summer i hope, as wrong as that is if they will just stop going once august comes around again, our next 3 games big games 7 points id be more than happy with , is anyone taking the short trip to wexford tonight???

Anyone know the score in the munster cup game lastnight between waterford utd v limerick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Anyone know the score in the munster cup game lastnight between waterford utd v limerick ?

3-0 to Waterford Utd.

Good result alright it was in limerick wasnt it ? Anyone know what kind of teams lined out and who scored for blues ?

Thanks johnnyfingers cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Good result alright it was in limerick wasnt it ? Anyone know what kind of teams lined out and who scored for blues ?

Thanks johnnyfingers cheers

Wasn't at the match but here's a short match report if you're interested. http://www.waterford-united.ie/blues-into-msc-final-after-limerick-win/

Good stuff thanks jonny

it will be hard to win the league this year to gain automatic promotion..

the play offs can be a nightmare...

to attract bigger crowds and better players, really need premier at least .

savic04 wrote: »
    it will be hard to win the league this year to gain automatic promotion..

the play offs can be a nightmare...

to attract bigger crowds and better players, really need premier at least .

Ye but do you think if the club or sponsors put some extra effort into the promotion of the club we could do better with attendance ? Even at games to just give out flyers of our next home game or something , bring a kid for free with one adult ticket purchase :confused: iv not seein anything like this ,
    But i think it would increase crowds goin to games if people were made aware of the times and prices apart from local radio when we hear on a friday about our game that weekend... maybe its bein done allready and failed but its worth a shot , we need all the support we can get if we want to help waterford united get automatic promotion , big game on sat this weekend we can close in on derry with a win up their , fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

jo06555 wrote: »
    Ye but do you think if the club or sponsors put some extra effort into the promotion of the club we could do better with attendance ? Even at games to just give out flyers of our next home game or something , bring a kid for free with one adult ticket purchase :confused: iv not seein anything like this ,
    isn't that on every week? I thought it was...

Ticket prices have come down this season anyway.
    13e for adults
    8e for students/concessions
    4e for under 16's

It was pretty annoying to see 3,000+ at the Ireland U23 game tonight, considering the team was made up of LOI players! Pity the same
    people wont come and see the Blues! :rolleyes:

Munster Cup final has been confirmed to take place in the RSC on Thursday 10th June. KO @ 7.45. Hopefully it'll be a good crowd!

• Advertisement

blue-army wrote: »
    isn't that on every week? I thought it was...

Ticket prices have come down this season anyway.
    13e for adults
    8e for students/concessions
    4e for under 16's

It was pretty annoying to see 3,000+ at the Ireland U23 game tonight, considering the team was made up of LOI players! Pity the same
    people wont come and see the Blues! :rolleyes:

Munster Cup final has been confirmed to take place in the RSC on Thursday 10th June. KO @ 7.45. Hopefully it'll be a good crowd!

I didnt realise kid for free was in place , maybe thats half the problem (no one knows about it) It is a pity so many can turn out for U23 game and cannot make it down to support our local club . I suppose we have to just get back to the top level first and then crowds may come back in numbers.

Kids are not free.. I have been paying 17 all season for 1 adult and 1 kid...
    was only paying 15 last year btw

Kids are not free.. I have been paying 17 all season for 1 adult and 1 kid...
    was only paying 15 last year btw

Thats the problem really , no carrot on a stick to bring in the crowds , simple thing like leaving 1 kid free with adult would get people goin i reckon, 17 is alot to pay every second week thats only 1 kid imagine bringing 2 or 3 , it would not be viable for most and may be a deterent to some adults to even think about goin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Result from the Brandywell tonight lads?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Is it true that some people may be getting fed up with Stephen Henderson and that these same people may thing there may be someone better out there to do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Result from the Brandywell tonight lads?

looked it up on the net,lost 2-0

every year is the same the past few years, good start and then fall away...

7 pts back on Derry will be hard, very hard.. Play offs if we are lucky again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

every year is the same the past few years, good start and then fall away...

7 pts back on Derry will be hard, very hard.. Play offs if we are lucky again...

Yeah, very disappointing to be 7 points back after such a brilliant start, long way to go though.

Yeah, very disappointing to be 7 points back after such a brilliant start, long way to go though.

Me and few friends were at the game and it was same owl story , long balls goin forward and not reaching their target every time , how can henderson not see every week this long ball stuff is just not working , 3 dissallowed goals for derry too which i could really only agree with one of , so really we were lucky sat night not to come out worse off than 2-0 , we need to wake up and start different things , we do not have the height or the players to be lobbing long balls forward every time we get possesion.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

is it a play-off for 2nd place with 2nd from bottom in the premier?

Long way to go yet ...

Advertisement