Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill weeds...spare the lawn?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I have a lawn thats peppered with daisys and dandelions at the moment.
    There is some grass but the weeds have well and truly taken over.
    Obvioulsy i'm far too lazy to rotivate the lot and start agian so is there any product that will kill the weeds and leave the grass intact?
    Also when can i sow more grass seed after treatment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need a selective weed killer that will kill broadleaf plants but not narrow leafed ones.

Keep it away from you flowers, trees, pets, children, etc.

You'll need to read the instructions, but I imagine you could sow again once the weeds have started to die off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Victor wrote: »
    You need a selective weed killer that will kill broadleaf plants but not narrow leafed ones.

Keep it away from you flowers, trees, pets, children, etc.

You'll need to read the instructions, but I imagine you could sow again once the weeds have started to die off.

Do you know a brand?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You need something like Feed & Weed (feeds the lawn, kills the weeds), there are lots of brands in B&Q, Woodies etc.
    The instructions will tell you when you can reseed afterwards.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hey, i told you the name of which one to use in the pub last week and now for the life of me i cant remember it. you get in it in woodies though, let me have a think :o

Advertisement