Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

• 05-03-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭

Starting lineup tonight lads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is Madden likely to feature much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Following on from
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055503993&page=5

New Season, new thread for the champs :)

Starts tonight against Sporting. Any thoughts on the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I'll go with...

Murphy

Heary
    Shelly
    Gray
    Powell

Quigley
    Cronin
    Keegan
    Brennan

Madden
    Byrne(if fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Roaster wrote: »
    I'll go with...

Murphy

Heary
    Shelly
    Gray
    Powell

Quigley
    Cronin
    Keegan
    Brennan

Madden
    Byrne(if fit)

Looks good, looking forward to a tasty game, Fingal looked handy the last few matches I saw...then again...wanderers...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Really looking forward to it tonight lads. Hopefully a good game.

Id say we will start off with

...................Clarke

O Brien....Maher...Paisley...Fitzgerald

.......Williams...Mc Faul...Finn

......C. Byrne...O Neil...Zayed

• Advertisement

I'll go with...

Murphy

Heary
    Shelly
    Gray
    Powell

Quigley
    Cronin
    Keegan
    Brennan

Madden
    Byrne(if fit)

I'm predicting a 3-0 win too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm predicting a 3-0 win too :D

Perhaps Fingal should just not show up if they're on to such a sure hiding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Des wrote: »

Yes, Quigley has been playing RW, Greene will be on the LW a lot so its Byrne with Raf or Madden with the one not starting coming on to run at tired defences Id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Bohs possibly look a stonger team this year.

Brennan will be a key player though whatever the team because he is the main creative player.

Fingal will be in for a tough night for their first game in the top division.

stovelid wrote: »
    Perhaps Fingal should just not show up if they're on to such a sure hiding?

Well if they didn't fulfil the fixture we'd still get a 3-0 home win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd say so, top scorer in pre season I think (not that it matters much)

Wouldn't be as confident as you guys, I'd say 2-1 to us.

Line up like this possibly, injury concern over Byrne, but we've plenty of cover while we would have struggled last year.

Baz

Heary - Shelley - Grey - Powell

Quigley - Keegan - Cronin - Brennan

Byrne/Cretaro - Madden

Great to be back :D
    .......Williams...Mc Faul...Finn
    What's your midfield trio like Lamper? Or have you seen much of them?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Looking forward to watching this. Hope Fingal can snatch a draw.

Bohs possibly look a stonger team this year..

Agree.

I think it suits Rovers that we're being pretty much written off by everyone, but it can't be denied that whoever finishes over Bohs will probably win the league.

Agree.

I think it suits Rovers that we're being pretty much written off by everyone, but it can't be denied that whoever finishes over Bohs will probably win the league.
    I haven't seen anyone write you off in fairness, everyone accepts it's gonna be tight between us

I haven't seen anyone write you off in fairness, everyone accepts it's gonna be tight between us

Most predictions are roundly in favour of Bohs which is understandable given the (proven over two seasons) quality of your squad.

Also, a lot of your support appear to think that the title is a formality. No surprise for the big club.

For both teams, an awful lot is riding on new recruits bedding in and proven performers (Twigg and Jay Byrne) maintaining last season's performance. Personally I think your goal strength up front could ultimately be the deciding factor unfortunately but we'll see over time I guess.

Moist predictions

eugh

no start for Cretaro so?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Anyone know if the School end is open tonight? Always prefer going there to the Jodi.

What's your midfield trio like Lamper? Or have you seen much of them?

Hav nt seen Finn much yet as he didnt play any of the pre season games iv been to but according to others he is a very good player. I think Bohs where interested in him as well.

Mc Faul and Williams are very good footballers. Williams being the more attack minded of the two. I think Williams got 8 or 9 goals aprox for us last season. He is very good with the ball at his feet.
    Mc faul tends to be the more holding midfielder of the two but he is the better passer. If he is on form we tend to play better. If we play similar to last season he will be spraying the ball to either wing with great ease. Our Alonso if you will ;).

Watch for our left back Fitzgerald. If he is on form he will bomb up and down the left wing and can deliver some great balls into the box.

Getting excited about the game just typing this:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Just back from the bohs game . A good 3,500 there. They even had to open the school end and there was a few in connaught street.

HERE WE GO THREE IN A ROW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Started tonight. Came close with a header. Quiet enough night for the two strikers really

Yeah cheers sots, I saw the start of the Bohs match in the bar in tolka park before the Shels match

Yeah cheers sots, I saw the start of the Bohs match in the bar in tolka park before the Shels match
    Anytime. Shels any good tonight?

Anytime. Shels any good tonight?

Bohs thread mate.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Wouldnt say it was a sitter but Quigley's chance in the 6th min was a decent one.

Bohs thread mate.:(
    Sorry there. Yeah good crowd in Dalyer tonight. But Quigley was very quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

missed the game due to work but heard we got a very dodgy peno decision!!!! any idea what sort of attendance we got tonight????

Was disappointed with how we performed tonight, but credit to fingal, they defended very well and broke dangerously. Wasn't convinced about the penalty decision really, I'll have to reserve proper judgement until I see replays. I'll take the 3 points though!

(post may contain traces of alcohol)

major bill wrote: »
    missed the game due to work but heard we got a very dodgy peno decision!!!! any idea what sort of attendance we got tonight????

Jodi looked full on the TV. Looked like only smattering in the Des Kelly.

Peno was a bit of a gift. Fingal look like there going to be impressively hard to break down but offered little going forward. Crowe should have equalized right on the death that said.

• Advertisement

Jodi stand was near packed. Des Kelly Carpets a quarter full.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Yet again the champs of Ireland look meh. TBF look forward to seeing you in Europe when you get going, but meh.

We were very meh, Fingal played 11 behind the ball and were tough to break down, we lacked creativity yet again. Early days though and its a similar 1-0 win to the one against Dundalk opening day of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

bohsman wrote: »
    We were very meh, Fingal played 11 behind the ball and were tough to break down, we lacked creativity yet again. Early days though and its a similar 1-0 win to the one against Dundalk opening day of last season.

Very fair assessment.

Peno was a bit of a gift. Fingal look like there going to be impressively hard to break down but offered little going forward. Crowe should have equalized right on the death that said.

Id say we will play like that away against the better teams in the league, against the others and at home we will push the two wingers Quinn and Conan up further to support O Neil.
    Felt sorry for O Neil last night. Thankless task he has to do, but he does it well.

Jodi was full, with the choir in section F standing up as the usually do.
    Fair few in the Des Kelly, more than usual.

Awful game, Fingal parked the 3 mini buses in front of the goal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I thought we dominated the game without really creating much. Rarely gave the ball away, Fingal went out for the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Most predictions are roundly in favour of Bohs which is understandable given the (proven over two seasons) quality of your squad.

Also, a lot of your support appear to think that the title is a formality. No surprise for the big club.

For both teams, an awful lot is riding on new recruits bedding in and proven performers (Twigg and Jay Byrne) maintaining last season's performance. Personally I think your goal strength up front could ultimately be the deciding factor unfortunately but we'll see over time I guess.

I think the key factor will be Fenlons departure to Scotland in July and the inevitible turmoil that will surround it. If Rovers take advantage, I can't see them bottling it like they did last season when they had the league won.

I think the key factor will be Fenlons departure to Scotland in July and the inevitible turmoil that will surround it. If Rovers take advantage, I can't see them bottling it like they did last season when they had the league won.

You think he'll end up at DU? Cant see them paying up in June when they wouldn't in January. I would say he could go at the end of the European campaign but not before. Unless DU pipped Celtic to 2nd anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

bohsman wrote: »
    You think he'll end up at DU? Cant see them paying up in June when they wouldn't in January. I would say he could go at the end of the European campaign but not before. Unless DU pipped Celtic to 2nd anyway.

Yes I can. He is telling anyone who will listen he is off, and DU have only appointed an interim manager.

DU couldn't deal with Comical Gerry, and now he is out of the picture, they can actually do business.

And I agree, when Bohs are out of Europe. Which is why I said July.

Unless Rovers can get a striker from somewhere it could be tough for them to pull themselves out of mid table to mount a challenge by then. If Fenlon is on his way I would say Heary is being readied to step in when he goes. However Rovers fans haven't had a good record at predicting Bohs demise up till now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Heary would be a bit of a big gamble, no?

I know he is vastly experienced as a player and a leader on the pitch but that by no means guarantees success as a manager...

Heary would be a bit of a big gamble, no?

I know he is vastly experienced as a player and a leader on the pitch but that by no means guarantees success as a manager...

There would certainly be nobody else in the country ready to step in mid season, he has been close to Fenlon for the last 10+ years and seems to have a similar professional mindset. Its all hypothetical anyway, Rovers facts about Bohs stated Fenlon would definitely leave in January, then claimed that he renegotiated his contract and then stated that we would definitely start the season with an asterisk. 0/3 so far.

Trilla wrote: »
    Jodi was full, with the choir in section F standing up as the usually do.
    Fair few in the Des Kelly, more than usual.

Awful game, Fingal parked the 3 mini buses in front of the goal

Not really. While I do agree we went with defense in mind. your statement makes out we had our backs against the wall and where just defending all night. Bar a 20 minute spell in the first half where you had a lot of possesion and we found it hard to keep the ball yous didnt do an awful lot. We actually created more chances while not always clear cut ones. We had the better of the second half and I cant really remember a chance (bar the peno) Bohs had in the second half. While we created a few decent chances. All in all a draw would have been a fair result.

I do agree the game wasnt great though. Mainly due to us not wanting to concede and your inability to create much.

Not really. While I do agree we went with defense in mind. your statement makes out we had our backs against the wall and where just defending all night. Bar a 20 minute spell in the first half where you had a lot of possesion and we found it hard to keep the ball yous didnt do an awful lot. We actually created more chances while not always clear cut ones. We had the better of the second half and I cant really remember a chance (bar the peno) Bohs had in the second half. While we created a few decent chances. All in all a draw would have been a fair result.

I do agree the game wasnt great though. Mainly due to us not wanting to concede and your inability to create much.
    Not so much backs against the wall as just packing the midfield, didn't help that we looked very unimaginative going forward though, could have done with Ndo to create something from nothing.

Good man Neale Fenn!

Who do you reckon should play in goal? Fenlon seems to prefer to O Conner but I'm not convinced by him, looked very dodgy against Drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

tonights match v Bray is off

Pal wrote: »
    tonights match v Bray is off
    Suits me, couldn't go to it anyway

I didn't realise they were considering starting a new thread about the big club
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055872065

WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPP!.

I feel big change is needed in the line-up.
    Murphy
    Rossiter
    Oman
    McGuiness
    Powell--
    Keegan

Higgins
    McGlynn
    Brennan--
    Byrne
    Cretaro

Subs: O'Connor, Shelley, Burke, Cronin and Madden