Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

dreamers75 wrote: »
    464547.jpg

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Bohs should have won the match by 4 or 5. The first chance of the game, the 1 on 1 with the keeper, should have gotten that :/ Somebody took a nice shot from about 30 yards out not long after and hit the bar, unlucky but nice effort, anyone know who that was? Bohs went quiet for a bit after the Dundalk goal but came good in the end, just a pity they didn't take the title.

Next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

What does the future hold for Bohs? Will they be in the Premier next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

What does the future hold for Bohs? Will they be in the Premier next season?
    doesn't bear thinking about..

oh wait it does =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

bohsboy wrote: »
    It's still crazy stuff and God knows what could happen on Friday. It's been a mad season.

Good god man given your posts recently I thought the title was wrapped up along with Rovers going burning to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

iregk wrote: »
    Good god man given your posts recently I thought the title was wrapped up along with Rovers going burning to the ground.

Hilarious, there are posts dating back two months ago after the 3-0 defeat in Tallaght stating "one hand on the trophy" etc.
    Not sure about the burning to the ground but it does give me a nice feeling inside just thinking about it.

Goal difference in the end? Meh :rolleyes:

Anyway, in more important news:
    iregk wrote: »
    my wife prefers my wilkinson sword titanium quatro than her gillette venus. says it glides better. i've a braun electic job for my legs but she says that doesn't give a smooth enough cut.

Sweet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And now there's two hands on the trophy and neither of them are black or red:cool:

I thought you'd be running away crying from news of close shaves..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

dfx- wrote: »
    And now there's two hands on the trophy and neither of them are black or red:cool:

I thought you'd be running away crying from news of close shaves..

Nor are they hands....trotters in fact. ;)

Now, back to your group shaving please. :D

bohsboy wrote: »
    Hilarious, there are posts dating back two months ago after the 3-0 defeat in Tallaght stating "one hand on the trophy" etc.
    Not sure about the burning to the ground but it does give me a nice feeling inside just thinking about it.

Goal difference in the end? Meh :rolleyes:

Anyway, in more important news:

Sweet.

Clearly don't understand the world of cycling and tri athlons do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Trophy won't last long in Tallaght anyway. It will be stripped and sold for parts in no time:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Trophy won't last long in Tallaght anyway. It will be stripped and sold for parts in no time:D

Jesus what a coincidence exactly the same as the bohs team .

Thank god Bohs didn't win it again then. They'd sell it off to raise some cash...

lasted two years in Dalymount without a scratch, it will better be in pristine condition when we get it back next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

lasted two years in Dalymount without a scratch, it will better be in pristine condition when we get it back next year

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Is that Jimmy Aggrey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Is that Jimmy Aggrey?

Expert at scoring goals with his ankle against Rovers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Just off-screen on a tv in the corner is Paddy Madden's misses against Dundalk on MNS..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

This thread is like Bohs last season: being temporarily resuscitated by the attendance of Rovers supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

stovelid wrote: »
    This thread is like Bohs last season: being temporarily resuscitated by the attendance of Rovers supporters.

This post is like Bohs performances against Galway utd... AWFUL

• Advertisement

you're post is like what I say to my neighbours....GET LOST!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

So...................................................................................
    Any bohs related news anyone?

BOHtox wrote: »
    So...................................................................................
    Any bohs related news anyone?

you been on the official website lately? every link on it now is about giving/raising money. Sad times to be honest. I Really hope we get out of this

Who's signed up for season tickets yet, or is there any yet?

Haven't gotten my membership for next season yet, if we are forced with this levy I don't think I will take it out, just buy a season ticket instead. Don't have the money to give if they come asking.

Actually can't wait for next season now though, don't care if we will be playing Tullamore Town or Shamrock Rovers, seriously need my LOI fix.

Edit: Ex-Bohs Matt Doherty on the bench for Wolves today.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

frantic190 wrote: »
    Actually can't wait for next season now though, don't care if we will be playing Tullamore Town or Shamrock Rovers, seriously need my LOI fix.
    Aye, can't wait to get this bollox out of the way one way or another and get back to football

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Trilla wrote: »
    you been on the official website lately? every link on it now is about giving/raising money. Sad times to be honest. I Really hope we get out of this

Who's signed up for season tickets yet, or is there any yet?

It was a blatant attempt to give this thread a bit of life for the four or so Bohs fans who post here.
    Haven't gotten my membership for next season yet, if we are forced with this levy I don't think I will take it out, just buy a season ticket instead. Don't have the money to give if they come asking.

Edit: Ex-Bohs Matt Doherty on the bench for Wolves today.

Agreed about the memvership for the simple reason I couldn't afford another 250 extra.
    Agree about next season cannot wait!

Quigley and Byrne have signed for Dundalk.

Quigley and Byrne have signed for Dundalk.

How did Keegan get on over the sea?

Trilla wrote: »
    How did Keegan get on over the sea?

A few teams sniffing but no contract offer as of yet.

• Advertisement

Would say he will end up in L1 tbh, or at Rovers/Pats. Oman (and Crowe) being linked with Bray.

Rossi is apparently on his way to Finn Harps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We have offered Keegan a deal 400pw part time or thereabouts, up to him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Unenforceable and I cant see it being voted through anyway. I'll reject it despite having stumped up 250 anyway.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We have offered Keegan a deal 400pw part time or thereabouts, up to him tbh.

Stay at Bohs and he'd be on more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Again his decision.

Best of luck to Jayo, he'll be getting applause from me if he lines up against us next season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

or at Rovers/Pats.

Not sure I want him at Rovers. I've heard he's not pushed about us anyway. I'd rather another kind of midfielder signed for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How much he actually gets paid is the real question.

How much he actually gets paid is the real question.

no more than a grand a week

Madden on trial at Burnley now, be great if we could get a few quid for him

I suppose in an ideal world:
    1) Fenlon will get the job at Motherwell and we'd get a few bob. Saving ~80k a year
    2) Sell the players for free or for even a negative fee. Higgins and McGlynn are linked to Derry. We should contact Derry saying these two are available for -5k each. Derry bid -5k and we give them McGlynn and Higgins saving us money on A) cancelling their contracts and B) Not having to pay their future wages.
    3) Keep a hanful of players (Rossi, Baz, Greene, Cronin and one or two others) on new deals. These new deals would be based on our new budget. A break-even (or close to it) budget.
    4) Paddy Madden will sign for a team abroad for the rumoured amount of 100k.
    5) We keep the good youngsters we have ( ie, Burke, Dixon, Traynor, Farrell, Sexton, McEvoy etc)
    6) We fully revert to part time on a much lesser wage bill of circa 7-8k a week. (Pats' budget is circa 6.5-7k)
    7) Heary can be kept as player-manager on a part time base and within our budget.
    8) Ticket prices are reduced to €15 for European, Big cup and big league games (eg 1st game, Rovers and last game)
    9) Marketing budget won't be cut back that much and we can still run a good campaign and attract fans with our new lower prices.
    10) Hopefully, Scum won't win the league and are pipped to the post by anyone really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I suppose in an ideal world:
    1) Fenlon will get the job at Motherwell and we'd get a few bob. Saving ~80k a year
    2) Sell the players for free or for even a negative fee. Higgins and McGlynn are linked to Derry. We should contact Derry saying these two are available for -5k each. Derry bid -5k and we give them McGlynn and Higgins saving us money on A) cancelling their contracts and B) Not having to pay their future wages.
    3) Keep a hanful of players (Rossi, Baz, Greene, Cronin and one or two others) on new deals. These new deals would be based on our new budget. A break-even (or close to it) budget.
    4) Paddy Madden will sign for a team abroad for the rumoured amount of 100k.
    5) We keep the good youngsters we have ( ie, Burke, Dixon, Traynor, Farrell, Sexton, McEvoy etc)
    6) We fully revert to part time on a much lesser wage bill of circa 7-8k a week. (Pats' budget is circa 6.5-7k)
    7) Heary can be kept as player-manager on a part time base and within our budget.
    8) Ticket prices are reduced to €15 for European, Big cup and big league games (eg 1st game, Rovers and last game)
    9) Marketing budget won't be cut back that much and we can still run a good campaign and attract fans with our new lower prices.
    10) Hopefully, Scum won't win the league and are pipped to the post by anyone really
    As regards number 2, those players are rumoured to have not been paid for a few weeks, hence the 21 day threat, this would mean you aren't entitled to a transfer fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

CSF wrote: »
    As regards number 2, those players are rumoured to have not been paid for a few weeks, hence the 21 day threat, this would mean you aren't entitled to a transfer fee.

I assumed he means we pay Derry to take them off our hands.

CSF wrote: »

The lads were paid up to November 30th.
    The next wage was due 14th December.
    So we're 12/13 days late. They're paid every two weeks so that means their next wage is due soon.

Only thing giving me much hope really, be good to see those lads step up to the plate. Annoyed we let Sean Byrne go to Shels.

Only thing giving me much hope really, be good to see those lads step up to the plate. Annoyed we let Sean Byrne go to Shels.

Ye real shame about Byrne, always rated him. Same about Denis Moran and Paddy Collins but to a lesser extent

Apparently, It's Shelley and Grey

Apparently, It's Shelley and Grey
    Apparently is the key word there

Gary Burke will be playin with us this year I'm told. The rumour that Dean Marshall has signed in false afaik

Gary Burke will be playin with us this year I'm told. The rumour that Dean Marshall has signed in false afaik

Don't think we offered a contract to Marshall, so if he is playing for us next season it will be for nothing.

Conor Powell signed for Colchester.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement