Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Powell signed for Colchester apparently, best of luck to him, one of my favourite Bohs players.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

powell was a good little player, has the potential to go far in england....all the best to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads,

Would anyone know where I could get a large size Bohs jersey old one or polo shirt online or in a staore in Dublin on the cheap. Advice appreciated becasue its for a birthday gift for a close relative and funds are very tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

billyhead wrote: »
    Lads,

Would anyone know where I could get a large size Bohs jersey old one or polo shirt online or in a staore in Dublin on the cheap. Advice appreciated becasue its for a birthday gift for a close relative and funds are very tight.

Ring the club at 01 868 0923 and they should be able to tell you what they have in stock in Dalymount.

Few things in the online store -

Bargain if theyll wear pink - http://shop.bohemians.ie/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=456

Large white polo shirt for 25 otherwise - http://shop.bohemians.ie/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

bohsman wrote: »
    Ring the club at 01 868 0923 and they should be able to tell you what they have in stock in Dalymount.

Few things in the online store -

Bargain if theyll wear pink - http://shop.bohemians.ie/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=456

Large white polo shirt for 25 otherwise - http://shop.bohemians.ie/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=360

Can you get the jesry in the likes of Arnoots or Lifestyle sport. 55 yo yos is a bit beyond the budget tbh

The Umbro shop in Carrolls on O'Connell bridge will definitely have stock. Most others are hit and miss but you'll often find old jerseys for 20euro or so in the likes of Lifestyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Apres Match doing the Bohs gig in the Olympia Feb 19th!

frantic190 wrote: »
    Apres Match doing the Bohs gig in the Olympia Feb 19th!
    Amongst other acts which are yet to be announced or won't be before the show :)

Sounds tempting I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Amongst other acts which are yet to be announced or won't be before the show :)

Sounds tempting I have to say.

fook it 19th, brothers stag in Galway

Damn

• Advertisement

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/01/07/matt-doherty-to-make-his-wolves-debut/

Matt Doherty to make his debut for Wolves. Come a long way in a short space of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Apparantly Higgins and McGlynn will join Dureh
    McGuiness will join Dureh or Sligo
    Raf will join Sligo.
    Would be great if we didn't have to pay these players off.
    Wair come to think of it McGuiness is out of contract already I think

BOHtox wrote: »
    Raf will join Sligo
    Best news i've got all week

If we go bust because of Steven Gray it'll be the worst thing of all. Think he made 4 appearences for us, and the last one, against Pats, was one of the worst I've seen from a Bohs player

If we go bust because of Steven Gray it'll be the worst thing of all. Think he made 4 appearences for us, and the last one, against Pats, was one of the worst I've seen from a Bohs player

To make it worse the fooker is lethal in Football Manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Boh's won't go bust because of Steven Gray (or Brian Shelley). Boh's will go bust because of the mismanagement of the club by successive boards who have been repeatedly backed by the fans. To try and scapegoat these two players instead of going after the real culprits is "the worst thing of all".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Boh's won't go bust because of Steven Gray (or Brian Shelley). Boh's will go bust because of the mismanagement of the club by successive boards who have been repeatedly backed by the fans. To try and scapegoat these two players instead of going after the real culprits is "the worst thing of all".

"The worst thing of all" is listening to Rovers fans trying to tell us how to run our club.

We know the problems we have and we're trying to sort them out. Hopefully it's a major lesson learned for all involved.

We'll turn this corner and continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

bohsboy wrote: »
    "The worst thing of all" is listening to Rovers fans trying to tell us how to run our club.

Clearly you need someone to tell you. Believe me, we had enough people telling us how we should be doing it when Rovers went tits up.
    We know the problems we have and we're trying to sort them out.

Really? It seems to me that all the energy is being put into scapegoating these 2 players for looking for what they are owed and not outing the people who made a balls of the club.

We'll turn this corner and continue.

If you say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

In fairness now without causing a stir in here take a look at gypo web. The "crisis" thread has about 50 pages of people discussing why Shelly and Grey should just hang themselves and various other ways in which people want to harm them. One poster, just one, stood up for them and he was torn apart.

Seem everyone on there is purely concentrating on these two and only one person is looking at the real issue, the board. Which has been said already have been backed time and time again by the fans. The fans need to go in there and kick them clean out and take control of the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sure send him pictures of cocks on facebook, that'll fix your club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Clearly you need someone to tell you. Believe me, we had enough people telling us how we should be doing it when Rovers went tits up.

Bohs haven't gone tits up though, yet anyway!

• Advertisement

iregk wrote: »
    In fairness now without causing a stir in here take a look at gypo web. The "crisis" thread has about 50 pages of people discussing why Shelly and Grey should just hang themselves and various other ways in which people want to harm them. One poster, just one, stood up for them and he was torn apart.

Seem everyone on there is purely concentrating on these two and only one person is looking at the real issue, the board. Which has been said already have been backed time and time again by the fans. The fans need to go in there and kick them clean out and take control of the situation.

"gypo web" :rolleyes:

Stopped at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Even more embarrassing than usual on gypoweb. For a supposed members owned and run club, practically every poster is clueless about what is going on. Bohs fans have more interest in scapegoating some nobody player than admitting where the real fault lies - squarely with themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Am personally fed up of holier than thou shams fans bashing bohs .
    Ye have short memories lads.
    The guys on here have accepted that the club has done wrong and its a terrible situation to be in and then come on here and shams fans dancing on thier graves.
    They all accept that their board must go and accept that their club must pay debts owed or else be sanctioned by way of demotion or whatever punishment is seen fit(which is right and proper).
    The premier division will be a poorer league without Bohemians FC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

As someone who has decided to take an active interest in LOI football and is very new to the scene, I'm shocked by what seems to me atleast, to be bitter feuds between fellow fans. I won't even pretend I know the history involved or background stories, but it's a bit much.

I wouldn't want to see any LOI team go out of business, and in an ideal world, every team would have a decent season (either it be a good league, cup or European run or just staying in the green financially).

I can understand Rovers fans view that when they were up against the wall, some Boh's fans took the piss, but surely your better than trying to wind them up now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Sligored wrote: »
    Am personally fed up of holier than thou shams fans bashing bohs .
    Ye have short memories lads.
    The guys on here have accepted that the club has done wrong and its a terrible situation to be in and then come on here and shams fans dancing on thier graves.They all accept that their board must go and accept that their club must pay debts owed or else be sanctioned by way of demotion or whatever punishment is seen fit(which is right and proper).
    The premier division will be a poorer league without Bohemians FC.

Thats not true though. Between here, foot.ie and their own forum nearly to a man they are blaming the players and some are suggesting that they aren't really entitled to money for the off season. Gypoweb is hilarious, from ringing the club in Australia to try and scupper Shelleys deal to blatant threats against the players. Don't patronise us that they are dealing with this head on in a mature fashion.

Boh's HAVE THE MONEY, they are refusing to pay the two lads as they have decided to collectively deal with all 10, despite the players indicating they do not want that approach.

I take your point that Rovers fans might sound a bit preachey, but the difference in attitude between Rovers, Shels, Cork and Drogs fans when they hit a wall on one hand and Bohs fans on the other is night and day.

They are still blaming everyone other than themselves for this mess that was blindingly obvious for two years.

I didn't say they were the only, or even the main, cause of this, which is why I said nothing about Shelley. If you actually read the forum you'd see plenty of people saying that we ****ed up and ****ed up badly. It, however, is hard to swallow that a player who essentially did nothing is the player winding us up as opposed to someone who actually worked for their wages.

Don't let that stop you from looking down on us though :)

I didn't say they were the only, or even the main, cause of this, which is why I said nothing about Shelley. If you actually read the forum you'd see plenty of people saying that we ****ed up and ****ed up badly. It, however, is hard to swallow that a player who essentially did nothing is the player winding us up as opposed to someone who actually worked for their wages.
    Don't let that stop you from looking down on us though :)

What possible relevence is how good he was to whether he should be paid? What do you mean 'he didn't work for his wages'? Utter garbage. He is a contracted player owed 7 weeks back wages (over Christmas too...) and was told he was being released. You have in effect fired a worker on a fixed term contract, you are legally liable to pay up the rest of his contract. Open. Shut. He also offered to meet you half way, you refused.

His personal circumstances dictate he cannot wait indefinitely for the money you agree you owe him. Whats worse is you have the money, you as a club are refusing to pay it to him for 'strategic reasons'.

In fairness in hourly rate he must be the best paid player the league has ever seen. Proof that bohs do have the cash btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Augmerson wrote: »
    As someone who has decided to take an active interest in LOI football and is very new to the scene, I'm shocked by what seems to me atleast, to be bitter feuds between fellow fans. I won't even pretend I know the history involved or background stories, but it's a bit much

Seriously, have a look at the Man U or Liverpool fan forums too, or even the Superthreads here on Boards.

It goes on in all walks of football, and is certainly not the reserve of Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians.

Des wrote: »
    Seriously, have a look at the Man U or Liverpool fan forums too, or even the Superthreads here on Boards.

It goes on in all walks of football, and is certainly not the reserve of Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians.

You will admit, that on here even the bitterness is on another level again in relation to the LOU. I'm following the loi for 4 years now, and my attempt to get mates to follow suit results in them responding with reference to the bickering that goes on here... amongst other thimgs. I can somewhat relate and agree, which eventually led me to be more of an loi related observer here

• Advertisement

Apols for typos... on my phone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There really is very little bickering. Bohs fans are concentrating on the injustice of paying a useless player, Rovers fans are concentrating on paying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Trilla wrote: »
    You will admit, that on here even the bitterness is on another level again in relation to the LOU. I'm following the loi for 4 years now, and my attempt to get mates to follow suit results in them responding with reference to the bickering that goes on here... amongst other thimgs. I can somewhat relate and agree, which eventually led me to be more of an loi related observer here

It's more heated because all the people here go to games and are more closely linked to the gossip of transfers and club/supporter goings-on.

As Des said, I don't think the bickering is any worse than that between EPL or SPL supporters.

If you get a rise out of people in here, you're a troll; do it in EPL threads and you're crowned shit-stirrer of the year.

stovelid wrote: »
    If you get a rise out of people in here, you're a troll; do it in EPL threads and you're crowned shit-stirrer of the year.

Hmmm....I seem to remember you bandying the word "troll" out earlier this week in the "LOI rumours" section when you saw things you did'nt like. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hmmm....I seem to remember you bandying the word "troll" out earlier this week in the "LOI rumours" section when you saw things you did'nt like. :confused:

Do you have an off button? Seriously.

stovelid wrote: »
    Do you have an off button? Seriously.

:pac: Duracelled to the max :pac:

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Are the board members still getting a wage from the club ?

Are the board members still getting a wage from the club ?

They never have.

In fairness in hourly rate he must be the best paid player the league has ever seen.

Irrelevant. You own him. You pay him
    Proof that bohs do have the cash btw?

Have you spent the €100,000 you got from the FAI on Wednesday ALREADY?

• Advertisement

Irrelevant. You own him. You pay him

Have you spent the €100,000 you got from the FAI on Wednesday ALREADY?

Absolutely and he will get paid.

I wish the players were our only debt.

Not too long since Rovers were sacking players for being injured.

Ill explain what is actually happening, as Bohs fans as usual are entirely unaware.
    Funds received will only be released to Bohemian FC if:

1. We have accumulated sufficient funds to meet the requirements to fund the buy-out of player contracts and pre-fund the contracts of remaining players under contract (currently estimated at approx. €300,000).
    2. Agreed deal with players secures the club a licence to play in the Airtricity Premier Division in 2011.

In the event that both 1. and 2. above are not achieved, all funds will be returned to lenders.
    The problem is with the loan scheme Bohs have put in place to bail them out of their current economic crisis.

They'll have to give all the money back to their fans if they dont meet the criteria above. They havent quite made enough to satisfy 1, so they dont actually have the cash to pay them.

If they dont pay them, they wont meet criteria 2.

Bohs are walking a tightrope here. Oblivion beckons.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Ill explain what is actually happening, as Bohs fans as usual are entirely unaware.

The problem is with the loan scheme Bohs have put in place to bail them out of their current economic crisis.

They'll have to give all the money back to their fans if they dont meet the criteria above. They havent quite made enough to satisfy 1, so they dont actually have the cash to pay them.

If they dont pay them, they wont meet criteria 2.

Bohs are walking a tightrope here. Oblivion beckons.

As much as you may like it , we won't go bust. We have various fund-raising activities taking place and have raised money and will raise more.
    We need 400k to stay in existence and from what I heard we've raised just over half of that. We've 2 benefit gigs coming up and since then the fantasy football took place.
    No-one's blaming the players for the bad run the club's in. However, taking us to the high court won't really help their cause to get the wage they're due and rightly so. We should have the money in place by the start of the season. Shelley has already signed for some Australian club AFAIK. Keego is also on trial at Doncaster. If they left before we terminate their contracts that will be the best thing they've ever done for the club. Aaron Greene has also been linked to Peterborough.
    I have to say wishing another league of Ireland club 'dies' or ' goes bust' or whatever is sickening. I would never wish that on another club. When Rovers had their financial difficulties( which btw they only paid 4% back while we'll pay 100% of it) I never wish their club to go bust or get relegated. Same for Shels, Derry, Cork and any other club it happened to.

As much as you may like it , we won't go bust.
    You need 400K just to ensure your immediate survival. When Zurich come looking for their 5 million, thats a whole other story. Your membership have left the board who caused this mess in place, and they are making a balls of managing this relatively simple situation, surprise surprise.

Id say its fairly likely you will go bust tbh, probably in the middle of next year.
    I have to say wishing another league of Ireland club 'dies' or ' goes bust' or whatever is sickening.
    Thats football tbh. Bohs spent 20 years singing songs and displaying banners about Milltown, Kilcoyne, Thomas Davis, Homelessness, being Part-time etc, so you cant expect much sympathy.

You need 400K just to ensure your immediate survival. When Zurich come looking for their 5 million, thats a whole other story. Your membership have left the board who caused this mess in place, and they are making a balls of managing this relatively simple situation, surprise surprise.

Id say its fairly likely you will go bust tbh, probably in the middle of next year.
    We've a big asset in Dalyer. Next year's wage bill will be 150k. Reduced by a million. We are aiming to make a profit and start paying off this massive debt. We also owe some solicitors 800k. But we'll pay it off 100%.
    Thats football tbh. Bohs spent 20 years singing songs and displaying banners about Milltown, Kilcoyne, Thomas Davis, Homelessness, being Part-time etc, so you cant expect much sympathy.
    I wasn't a supporting 20 years ago. I started nearly 11 years and I was 5 so I don't really remember much. Nowadays, when people slag about being part-time etc it's just football. Everybody slags everyone about everything. At the end of the day we'd miss it too much if you weren't around and you'd miss it too much if we weren't around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

We've a big asset in Dalyer. Next year's wage bill will be 150k. Reduced by a million. We are aiming to make a profit and start paying off this massive debt. We also owe some solicitors 800k. But we'll pay it off 100%.

I wasn't a supporting 20 years ago. I started nearly 11 years and I was 5 so I don't really remember much. Nowadays, when people slag about being part-time etc it's just football. Everybody slags everyone about everything. At the end of the day we'd miss it too much if you weren't around and you'd miss it too much if we weren't around

I thought we were talking to someone in the know at Bohs,and your only 16.

• Advertisement

Fair play ciaran I see you've been doing your homework, your figures are still off tho.

Keegan confirmed for Doncaster according to our MB.

Anyone got a list of who's gone where?

paulcorr wrote: »
    I thought we were talking to someone in the know at Bohs,and your only 16.

I'm a member and I'm 17. How do you know I'm not 'in the know' as you put it

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Trilla wrote: »
    Anyone got a list of who's gone where?

Out of contract players that have got a new club:

Powell (Colchester)
    Byrne (Dundalkkk)
    Quigley (Dundalkkk)

Possibles:

J.McG (Fingal)
    Brennan (Sligo/Rochdale)
    Rossi (Sligo)

• Advertisement