Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

But Mahon is right to say its innapropriate of you to be lining up new players when you owe money to the ones you already have. And no more than a bit presumptious.
    Well better to to be presumtious then find yourself 2 weeks from your first game and saying "Hmm, spose I can look at players now". We're gonna have **** all time to prepare as it is.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well better to to be presumtious then find yourself 2 weeks from your first game and saying "Hmm, spose I can look at players now". We're gonna have **** all time to prepare as it is.

Get amateur players in! No reason why you have to get part time players in. All about the club surviving after all? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SantryRed wrote: »
    Get amateur players in! No reason why you have to get part time players in. All about the club surviving after all? :rolleyes:

Only clubs like Bray get shafted are forced to do that.

We're hardly gonna be signing a new squad, it'll be mostly youth players for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Actually its not. You have an A squad, you have an U 19 squad. Until you pay what you owe, you should have a transfer embargo in place.

How do you think this looks? We are being told you are at deaths door, but you still have the time, energy and presumably money to talk to pats players?

• Advertisement

Actually its not. You have an A squad, you have an U 19 squad. Until you pay what you owe, you should have a transfer embargo in place.

How do you think this looks? We are being told you are at deaths door, but you still have the time, energy and presumably money to talk to pats players?
    Fenlon has the time to ring players and suss them out, he's not involved in the other business. He's not doing anything until we have a clue where we stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Absolute jokeshop. FAI bending over backwards and breaking all their own rules to save Bohs

You've only realised now the FAI are a jokeshop?

Good to see John Delaney launching the Drogheda Utd share fleecing scheme too!:rolleyes: And sure it's not the first time the FAI broke their own rules tbh, Drogheda, Cork, and Kildare iirc were all treated with this same FAI ****e!
    and the, as Pete Mahon says, they're STILL trying to sign new players.
    but you still have the time, energy and presumably money to talk to pats players?

Could be mistaken, but didn't Mahon say the extact same thing last season that Shams were poaching Pats players and every Rovers fan jumped down his throat? Once again I could be mistaken but one of yous might be able to remind me of the situation, but if I'm right shouldn't you two of all people be taking this with a pinch of salt?

Once again I could be mistaken

I think Pete was geeing up the troops at the time, as is his wont. IIRC, the player he was making the allegations about was actually free to talk to other clubs. Yuck it up to your little Bohs gallery though: if Fingal or Cork were scouting other players at the same time as withholding pay from their currently contracted squad, the boards servers would keel over with the amount of youse venting your spleens about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Pete Mahon was angry at Rovers for "poaching" Pats players while at the same time having no problem doing it himself. There was two players in question: Enda Stevens and Shane Robinson. Enda was out of contract with Pats and Rovers offered him a deal before Pats did which he accepted. Pete was for some reason upset that another club offered an out of contract player a deal.

At a similar time Pete made an initial approach to Shane Robinson who was still under contract at the time with Rovers. So people in glass houses and that. Mind you that last line could represent almost every post on the LOI threads these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    if Fingal or Cork were scouting other players at the same time as withholding pay from their currently contracted squad

Yet again I could be mistaken, but isn't it someone other than Bohs withholding their pay? Think it was a solicitor who is withholding it until all the money is raised to pay all the players, someone will be able to clarify it no doubt.

• Advertisement

Think it was a solicitor who is withholding it until all the money is gifted loaned to pay all the players, someone will be able to clarify it no doubt.

Fixed.

As for the tapping-up stuff: like England, I'm amazed any club can actually condemn it in other clubs with a straight-face.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/bohs-survive-as-fai-step-in-to-help-broker-deal-with-unpaid-players-2509012.html

Bohs survive as FAI step in to help broker deal with unpaid players

Tuesday January 25 2011

BOHEMIANS look to have staved off the prospect of being wound up in court and are expected to pay the outstanding wages owed to players Brian Shelley and Steven Gray today.

The Phibsborough club are believed to be on the cusp of reaching agreement with their contracted players after a weekend of intensive negotiations between the club, the PFAI and the FAI that look to have brought the 2008 and '09 champions back from the brink.

The Bohs board met last night to discuss the deal which would see the remaining contracted players accept a settlement in exchange for the termination of their contracts. The players have not been paid since November, but will receive their unpaid wages as part of the deal.

Gray and Shelley had forced the issue to this resolution by taking the club to court with a winding up order. The duo were due to be backed by their team-mates at a press conference in Abbotstown last week, but the intervention of FAI CEO John Delaney sparked a new round of negotiations that look to have resulted in agreement.

The association are believed to be financially involved in the settlement and, while it is as yet unclear how much of their 2011 wages the players will receive as part of the agreement, the majority of players have told the club they will accept the 13 weeks' pay severance agreement offered.

The Gypsies raised the cash needed to fund the redundancy package with loans from members and other investors, but the club insisted all along that, under the terms of the loans, the cash could only be released if an agreement could be put in place with all players.

Could be mistaken, but didn't Mahon say the extact same thing last season that Shams were poaching Pats players and every Rovers fan jumped down his throat? Once again I could be mistaken but one of yous might be able to remind me of the situation, but if I'm right shouldn't you two of all people be taking this with a pinch of salt?

Context.

He was giving out that we offered an out of contract Pats player a 'Bosman' contract. He either didn't understand the rules, or more likely was playing the victim card.

Here he is pointing out the immorality of unsettling players he is targetting with offers they are in no position to fulfil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Hi Posh fan here

As you all know we have been keeping tabs on Aaran Green for a few years, It appears his quite a useful player but has anyone seen him play and what would there assessment be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Made very little impact last season, 5 starts in 18 appearances, think potential is the key word. Tall pacey player.

Skip forward to 4:25 in this video

Thanks, that was some time ago I believe. I did enjoy the chant from the Hoops fans after the goal though!!!!!

I would have expected him to make more of an impact, seems to be a bit part player with only 5 starts.

Shot to nothing I guess

He's looked good in parts when he has started. Can dribble and hold the ball up well, thought he was very good a bring other people into play. Didn't show a particular eye for goal, think he only got one or two goals I think but not playing consistently will affect that. I agree with Bohsman, definite potential.

Its all about potential at a club like ours, finger crossed he turns into a quality player.

It sucks Bohs won't get a few bob for him though!! I know you guys could do with it at the moment.

We might be due some sort of compensation because of his age, split between us and Galway though, maybe some other clubs aswell.

I think his junior club have a piece of the pie as well!

Either way I hope some cash changes hands as there is nothing worse than loosing talent for nothing !

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm sure they'll be due some, not sure on the specifics of it all.

Apres match no longer doing Bohs gig :( Just one of them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Apres match no longer doing Bohs gig :( Just one of them now.

Still a class line up. Well apart from Brush Shiels

Radio Nova said that Shelley and Gray have left the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Newstalk states that "the saga has come to an end". A deal agreed? Hopefully. Should sicken a few on here. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bohsboy wrote: »
    . Should sicken a few on here. ;)

And yourselves yeah? You have become a bit of an embarassment.

Loving the Fenlon out/Roddy in rumour :D

dreamers75 wrote: »

Firs Ive heard of it but fine by me. Watch the video I posted to see a major part of the reason why.

And yourselves yeah? You have become a bit of an embarassment.

Yeah. Should sicken a few. ;)

Great news.

• Advertisement

You have become a bit of an embarassment.

He sure has.

So have Bohs as well.

stovelid wrote: »
    He sure has.

So have Bohs as well.

:D:D To who exactly?

Great news this evening....on the anniversary of the Santry Massacre.

Silence in the Bay of Pigs....

Yeah. Should sicken a few. ;)

Great news.

:confused:

Your blackmailing the FAI and happy with it?

What puzzles me is Bohs begged for money and still are but are quite happy to boast about being saved by the FAI and then continue to try get players they really really cant afford. I dont think anyone is going to have any sympathy for the club and players and fans that inevitbaly get ****ed over.

Rovers fans gonna have a field day when this doesnt have a happy ending.

:confused:

Your blackmailing the FAI and happy with it?

What puzzles me is Bohs begged for money and still are but are quite happy to boast about being saved by the FAI and then continue to try get players they really really cant afford. I dont think anyone is going to have any sympathy for the club and players and fans that inevitbaly get ****ed over.

Rovers fans gonna have a field day when this doesnt have a happy ending.

FAI firmly deny they are giving Bohs financial aid

By Aidan Fitzmaurice
    Friday January 28 2011

THE FAI have insisted that they are not offering financial assistance to Bohemians in the club's bid to survive for next season by cutting a deal with their players.

Bohs are close to an agreement with their remaining contracted players which would see the players tear up their contracts for next season, something that the cash-strapped club need the squad to do if they are to have a chance of survival.

Talks with the squad, and with the two players who had sought a winding-up order due to unpaid wages, have been ongoing all week and while a deal is close at hand, there is still no final settlement as there was reportedly a gap of €40,000 between what the club had to offer and what the players were looking for.

SUGGESTED

It was suggested that the FAI would help out financially by advancing them prize money for next season but League Director Fran Gavin insists that's not the case.

"We are not giving any financial assistance to anybody, absolutely not," Gavin said. "We are trying to get a resolution, we're very close to it now but it's very sensitive."

- Aidan Fitzmaurice

:confused: What can we do?

:confused: What can we do?

Be relegated and come back up as a well run club.

It doesnt work like that. Besides our budget will be smaller than most 1s division clubs.

• Advertisement

But what about your earlier argument?

But what about your earlier argument?

That all Bohs fans are delighted they getting away with and blackmailing the FAI. That doesnt change only difference its now clear the FAI will only bail them out when they pay the players who are owed money.

The fact you havent been denied a licence proves that.

That all Bohs fans are delighted they getting away with and blackmailing the FAI. That doesnt change only difference its now clear the FAI will only bail them out when they pay the players who are owed money.

The fact you havent been denied a licence proves that.

How did we blackmail the FAI and how did they bail us out?

I have to say I'm quite astonished that the first reaction by the bohs fans on here was how great it will be to sicken some fans on here. Its that exact atitude that has caused this mess in the first place. Complete ignorance of what was going on at your club but concentrating on what was going on else where.

Personally like I've said a lot on here I'd be happy to see bohs stay in business as I don't want to see any club go to the wall. That said I've no sympathy for bohs considering what has gone on there. A quick read on gypoweb tonight will show you all the fans jumping up and down delighted that they've "gotten away with it". Completely ignoring the problem. I can see the same thing happen all over again. I've no problem with Bohs restructuring and coming back from this however to see this happen without the fans learning a thing from it is just frankly sad and doesn't bode well.

iregk wrote: »
    A quick read on gypoweb tonight

You shower spend morning noon and night on it now.

We've survived and seen the attitude of 95% of you lot towards Bohs at the darkest hour.

We're still here and that annoys you.;)

Couldn't care less what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ah lads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

bohsman wrote: »
    Firs Ive heard of it but fine by me. Watch the video I posted to see a major part of the reason why.

That video freezes for me at 4-1:)

dfx- wrote: »
    That video freezes for me at 4-1:)

I arrived at half time and got free entry from the gloating stewards.

As for iregk, we can be pissed off at more than one person at a time however for the moment its all about survival, once that is in place we need to sort things out internally.

From my point of view: Delighted the clubs immediate future is safe, and that's all that's important to me.
    I have to say I'm quite astonished that the first reaction by the bohs fans on here was how great it will be to sicken some fans on here.
    One Bohs fan has expressed that opinion here.

However, considering how delight some people were at the prospect of our demise, I don't particularly blame them.

My hopes/expectations for the season: We assemble a squad capable of representing us in whatever league we end up playing in. Personally I couldn't care if we lose every game that we're in, just that we're playing them. At the moment it looks like the premier league, though I agree that's not fair, We should be in the A championship, if the FAI wants to start sending a message to clubs about taking stupid risks, they should be making an example of us.

I also don't believe that the FAI hasn't helped us financially, despite what they claim and I understand that most supporters will resent that. I know I would if I was shels or cork fan. Delaney's claims about buying shares in Drogheda just backs up my feeling on that matter.

But all I personally can say is: We live to fight another ****ing day.

We're still here and that annoys you.;)

Couldn't care less what you think.

Read my post again. At what point did I say I'm annoyed that you are still in business. Here I'll give you a helping hand by showing you my first sentance in the second paragraph.

"Personally like I've said a lot on here I'd be happy to see bohs stay in business as I don't want to see any club go to the wall."

ScienceNerd, thats possibly the best post on here for a number of months, possibly years from a bohs fan. If only all bohs fans were as awake to the situation as you your club would be in a much better state.

iregk wrote: »
    Read my post again. At what point did I say I'm annoyed that you are still in business. Here I'll give you a helping hand by showing you my first sentance in the second paragraph.

"Personally like I've said a lot on here I'd be happy to see bohs stay in business as I don't want to see any club go to the wall."

ScienceNerd, thats possibly the best post on here for a number of months, possibly years from a bohs fan. If only all bohs fans were as awake to the situation as you your club would be in a much better state.

Read the last line of my previous message. Thanks.

The usual typical diatribe from you.

If it means anything I hope B*hs go out of business and I think it still might happen.

If it means anything I hope B*hs go out of business and I think it still might happen.

:)
    Fair play to you horse.

I wouldn't expect any less of you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement