Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

If it means anything I hope B*hs go out of business and I think it still might happen.

well i have sad news we aint going anywhere buddy we are here to stay!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

major bill wrote: »
    well i have sad news we aint going anywhere buddy we are here to stay!!!:cool:

Where is 'here'? The PD? Dalyer?

If this is the carnage caused by players wages, what will the consequences of the Zurich loan be?

Whether you survive or not is one thing, you are finished as any sort of force for the next 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Whether you survive or not is one thing, you are finished as any sort of force for the next 10 years.

Some very hysterical and emotional posting from you today all across the boards.

Surely there is some news you can update with on the piglet thread rather than clogging this one up?

Sligo get Raf? Best squad by far. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It has been reported on Newstalk that a 6 figure fee has been agreed with Carlisle United for Paddy Madden.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

He's definitely gone, the fee rumoured seems to vary from 25k to 100k. Be lovlely if it was the latter!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Where is 'here'? The PD? Dalyer?

If this is the carnage caused by players wages, what will the consequences of the Zurich loan be?

You went 16 years without winning anything. Our next major trophy will be much sooner than that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just moved to Phibsboro, and Dalymount Park is a stones throw away so hoping to come see Bohs play this year.

when does the season KO and can you buy tickets as the gate? thanks. :D

SarahBM wrote: »
    Just moved to Phibsboro, and Dalymount Park is a stones throw away so hoping to come see Bohs play this year.

Usually about €15 entry.

First game feb 21

He's definitely gone, the fee rumoured seems to vary from 25k to 100k. Be lovlely if it was the latter!

looks like it could be closer to the latter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

orourkeda wrote: »
    Usually about €15 entry.

First game feb 21

thanks a million. Im really looking forward to going to a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

so confirmed OUT:
    Conor Powell (Colchester United)
    Jason Byrne (Dundalk)
    Mark Quigley (Dundalk)
    Jason McGuinness (Sligo Rovers)
    Paul Keegan (Doncaster Rovers
    Raffaele Cretaro (Sligo Rovers)
    Aaron Greene (Peterborough)
    Paddy Madden (Carlisle United)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Trilla wrote: »
    so confirmed OUT:
    Conor Powell (Colchester United)
    Jason Byrne (Dundalk)
    Mark Quigley (Dundalk)
    Jason McGuinness (Sligo Rovers)
    Paul Keegan (Doncaster Rovers
    Raffaele Cretaro (Sligo Rovers)
    Aaron Greene (Peterborough)
    Paddy Madden (Carlisle United)

aaron greene was in sligo trying to sort out terms today so i am not sure about that.

By the way i hope the money ye got for madden will help ye be competitive this year , pity shams took the league from ye last year because their team and fans are nothing but ar**holes. Bohs are a classier club than shams aka model club ever will be.

I fancy us to give them a run for their money this year. They seem to think the title is theirs before the league starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

what age are you? (just out of interest of ticket prices etc)
    If you plan on going to a few games a season ticket would be better value. There's also no photo on it so if you can't go but your mate can...................ya know
    http://shop.bohemians.ie/product_info.php?products_id=236
    adult season ticket down 30quid on last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

BOHtox wrote: »
    what age are you? (just out of interest of ticket prices etc)

Yeah sure......;)

Good to hear :)

Tickets were €20/15 (depending on the match) last season
    Student tickets (need to show a student card) were €10
    OAP/Kids were €7 I think

However ticket prices could (should!) be less this season.

Tickets can definitely be bought at the gate, with the exception of games against Shamrock Rovers, which must be bought in advance and sell out quickly (great match in terms of atmosphere though).

Bigger games, such as quarter/semi finals in the FAI cup, european games (if we have them...) etc attract a large crowd so buying in advance or arriving early would be advisable.

Though we'll probably have smaller crowds this season so the above may not be necessary :o

The Jodi stand is where you'll be heading, accessible through Dalymount lane. If you want to head where the atmosphere/singing is, blocks F and G are where you want to head, sit or stand here as you feel. Otherwise you can sit anywhere else if you just want to sit back and watch the football, though for a lot of games, away fans will be in section A so you won't be allowed there.

Our next competitive fixture (I think?) will be 21st February, as said above, against Portadown in the Setanta cup. (we are the current holders of said cup :))

Our first league game is 11th March against Sporting Fingal, kick off is 7.45, like 90% of games will be. League fixtures can be found here.

We have a friendly against Longford planned for 8th February if you're really enthusiastic, though don't expect to see much at it, purely a warm up :o.

Probably a lot more info than you needed :o Don't know if this is your first foray into LOI, if it is, give it a few games before judging :) Hope to see you in Dalymount next season!
    I fancy us to give them a run for their money this year. They seem to think the title is theirs before the league starts

I know I'll be cheering for Sligo for the title next season :p

• Advertisement

I know I'll be cheering for Sligo for the title next season :p

True, Ive watched a good bit of Sligo over the last season and Im expecting a lot from them this season. Savage squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Sligored wrote: »

Somehow I think thats more a Sligo thought than a Rovers one. I doubt you'll find one reasonable Rovers fan who will claim the title is ours before a ball is kicked.

I think this is going to be a great season. Sligo play great stuff, so do we at times, just not often enough. If Fingal get their finances sorted then it could be a very good 3 horse race. I'd also expect Pats to be there up until the break again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

pity shams took the league from ye last year because their team and fans are nothing but ar**holes. Bohs are a classier club than shams aka model club ever will be.

Fookin' hell. That's laughable tbh, and I wouldn't be one to defend Rovers, cos they're cnuts too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hopefully Sligo will be a force this season. That means they might actually start bringing something resembling an away crowd to Dublin.

aaron greene was in sligo trying to sort out terms today so i am not sure about that.
    Thanks, didn't know that. I heard rumours the move to Peterborough was back on.

Any word on the likes of Murphy, Shelley, Gray etc... Where they'll be next year?

• Advertisement

Thanks, didn't know that. I heard rumours the move to Peterborough was back on.

Any word on the likes of Murphy, Shelley, Gray etc... Where they'll be next year?

Isn't Shelley's move to Oz back on now?

Anto Murphy was training with a few clubs, including us, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Shelley and Grey emigrated, some rumours of Barry Murphy* to Sligo.

*Apologies for mentioning a transfer rumour containing an ex Rovers player, that was not a dig or an attempted wind up at Rovers fans.

Can't see Baz staying? Sligo would seem like the obvious option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

stovelid wrote: »
    Hopefully Sligo will be a force this season. That means they might actually start bringing something resembling an away crowd to Dublin.
    Unfortunately a lot of our fan base have jobs (maybe ye lot wouldn't understand that). We're down in Dublin almost every second week, its hard for people to take a half day that often.

Can't see Baz staying? Sligo would seem like the obvious option.

What a downward spiral his career has taken....

Odds on he will finish second three years running.

What a downward spiral his career has taken....

Odds on he will finish second three years running.
    Pretty sure you posted that same thing a few days back. You're just going in circles now. Has all the bullsh1t dried up?

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of our fan base have jobs (maybe ye lot wouldn't understand that). We're down in Dublin almost every second week, its hard for people to take a half day that often.

I guess you can't chisel the gate proceeds at away matches so there's no using in heading down in numbers. Makes sense, I guess.

I guess you can't chisel the gate proceeds at away matches so there's no using in heading down in numbers. Makes sense, I guess.
    Same old unproven, unsubstantiated drivel.

Pretty sure you posted that same thing a few days back. You're just going in circles now. Has all the bullsh1t dried up?

Statement of fact. He threw the toys out of the pram, moved to a club that finished below the one he left, hasn't been paid in a long time, and is now off to the sticks for a fraction of his previous salaries.

Whatever way you look at it, his career has died since he decided Tommy Wright had nothing to teach him.

Same old unproven, unsubstantiated drivel.

Eh? The FAI agreed with us and made Sligs hand over more of the gate...

What this has to do with the tans is anyones guess by the way.

• Advertisement

Eh? The FAI agreed with us and made Sligs hand over more of the gate...

What this has to do with the tans is anyones guess by the way.

Whats this drivel doing on a Bohs thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sorry to disappoint you ONYD but Barry Murphy is still in contract at Bohs, one of only 4 players.

Sorry to disappoint you ONYD but Barry Murphy is still in contract at Bohs, one of only 4 players.
    whos the other 3?

Cronin, O'Conner and Heary I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cronin, O'Conner and Heary I believe.

Yup that's them, was in the Indo today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

RTE wrote:
    Bohemians may be forced to pull out of this year's Setanta Sports Cup as they might not be able to field a team.

The current holders of the competition are due to play their first game on 21 February against Portadown but with only four players signed for the upcoming season, manager Pat Fenlon is concerned that the cash-strapped club may be unable to fulfil the opening fixture.

Speaking in Tuesday's Irish Times, Gypsies boss Pat Fenlon said: 'To be honest with you, I don't think we are going to be able to play the first game. We don't have a team. We've three or four players signed at the moment and that's it.

'And I don't know what the situation is in relation to signing other players. I don't think we can fulfil that fixture.

'We can't train. We trained for two weeks and I then had to cancel it last week because all the staff are gone. You can't train without a physio or anybody else. That's where we stand at the moment.

'I want to make sure all the players are sorted out and that's resolved. There are people at the club due wages outside of the playing side.

'It would be very difficult for me to go and sign players while that situation remains. It's not fair on anybody to do that. When all that is sorted, I'll make a decision on what I want to do then.'

UCD will be invited to play in this year's tournament should Bohemians withdraw from the competition.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0201/bohemians.html

****e =/

Augmerson wrote: »

What about the A players? Surely we can field a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What about the A players? Surely we can field a team

Pat telling porkies, 19 players training in Carlton house last week.

if it saves us the expenses and security costs of playing in the tournament then pull out...its a micky mouse cup anyway!!!

• Advertisement

Does anybody know what happens if you do pull out? Who would take your place?

Does anybody know what happens if you do pull out? Who would take your place?

according to this its ucd:confused:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0201/1224288693596.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

major bill wrote: »

Top six are already in it. UCD finished 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Well no reason for him to stay and be good to get him off the wage list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

New thread here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056171231

Can a mod please lock?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement