Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

No Heary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

No legs, I'd rest him for low-key games like galway

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dfx- wrote: »
    No Heary?
    He's been pretty poor this season so far tbh, showing his age. Brennan has also underperformed massively.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

He's been pretty poor this season so far tbh, showing his age.

Didn't look to be able to keep up with the pace on Friday. Can see him back with Shels next season if it doesn't finish well with Bohs.

Didn't look to be able to keep up with the pace on Friday. Can see him back with Shels next season if it doesn't finish well with Bohs.
    He's on a 2 year contract as far as I know ,which was a bit silly from our point of view

Signed a two year contract at the start of the year. When/if Nutsy goes , which will be in the next two years if at all, I think he will replace him

Ah rigth, crap it. Say he'll still finish his career with us.

Doubt it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BOHtox wrote: »
    Signed a two year contract at the start of the year. When/if Nutsy goes , which will be in the next two years months if at all, I think he will replace him

imo

• Advertisement

Which is within the next two years.

But sayin that. If the interim Dundee boss gets the job full time then ya never know.

Doubt it tbh

9 years with Shels, was at a good load of our matches and all last season, he has Shels in his blood imo, can see him in a Shels jersey before he retires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Shels in his blood maybe but grew up a Bohs fan and can definitely see him replacing Nutsy. Maybe we can send him on loan to youse as player manager.

I didn't notice that he was especially bad on Friday night..the tension was pre-occupying :)

But still, he's no Jimmy Aggrey, so not even to be benched surprised me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd be surprised is Nutsy is still in Phibsboro after this summer.

Who do ya think will replace him.
    IMO Owen Heary is the obvious choice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Who cares. But the point is Nutsy is off and the disruption will be terribly amusing. Hopefully it spills into your fans showing up at the new managers house and threatening his family again and the turmoil continues into next season.

Who cares. But the point is Nutsy is off and the disruption will be terribly amusing. Hopefully it spills into your fans showing up at the new managers house and threatening his family again and the turmoil continues into next season.
    Always focusing on the positives, if only everyone had your attitude towards their rivals

Wow I wonder who cares about Bohs in the Bohs thread. hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Thanks for your contribution jackass ( Not to be said in an offensive way:cool:)

HERE WE GO THREE IN A ROW

As you have already said re: contract, it looks like he is being kept around with that in mind. In fairness, it's to be commended instead of jumping on the usual carousel of LOI managers.

stovelid wrote: »
    As you have already said re: contract, it looks like he is being kept around with that in mind. In fairness, it's to be commended instead of jumping on the usual carousel of LOI managers.
    Yeah, it's one reason I'd be in favour of him taking over

• Advertisement

All together now...

Barrrrry Murphy is a Hoop is a Hoop is a Hoop...

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

All together now...

Barrrrry Murphy is a Hoop is a Hoop is a Hoop...

:p

Love to know what happened there form best keeper in the league (re rovers fans) to can barely get a game for Bohs and shocking when he does.

Also gary Rogers best keeper in the league now!!! but last season worst human on earth (re pats fans).

football is mad.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Love to know what happened there form best keeper in the league (re rovers fans) to can barely get a game for Bohs and shocking when he does.

He was up there behind Brian I thought. Think he come good again: just need games as he was benched for a lot of season.

Didn't he break his finger for Bohs and lost his place because of that anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Was down there tonight, pretty much the same as vs Sligo; bereft of ideas in midfield and the chances you created lacked a cutting edge. Sheppard caused you no end of problems up front though I though the peno was a bit soft and so too Oman's second yellow. Cretaro was a ****ing fool to do what he did and while red was harsh, I'd almost give it for his idiocy alone. Don't know what O'Donnell got sent off for? Bohs are struggling against teams that are well organised as Galway were tonight.

Murphy hasn't been the same since the head collision at Tolka against Sligo a few years back. Still a good keeper when he left, but not the terrific keeper he was.

Still though, I'd say 80% of Rovers fans will still put him straight back in. He also has already his Dalymount career highlight saving the Farrelly penalty in '06 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Murphy hasn't been the same since the head collision at Tolka against Sligo a few years back. )

he played for shels too :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You're joking, RIGHT?

We look so unmotivated it's unreal, we don't start playing until the last 15 minutes or so. Schoolboy defending aswell it has to be said, Heary needs to be dropped.

I wonder if the whole Fenlon saga has affected the squad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

We look so unmotivated it's unreal, we don't start playing until the last 15 minutes or so. Schoolboy defending aswell it has to be said, Heary needs to be dropped.

I wonder if the whole Fenlon saga has affected the squad...

Galway fan here. Was surprised by Bohs' performance last night, particularly as it was at home. They never really got to grips with the game, never really dominated the midfield as I expected.

That said, they could definitely have gotten a result and for the Galway goals I thought Murphy was culpable (Sheppard's brace) and there was an element of fortune about the penalty (deserved given the season so far I'd say :D ) - didn't seem to be any contact.

What surprised me though was the absolute implosion towards the end. Silly stuff from seasoned players. Cretaro in particular seemed voltalie, his tackle on Creaney earlier in the game was nasty.

Galway fan here. Was surprised by Bohs' performance last night, particularly as it was at home. They never really got to grips with the game, never really dominated the midfield as I expected.

That said, they could definitely have gotten a result and for the Galway goals I thought Murphy was culpable (Sheppard's brace) and there was an element of fortune about the penalty (deserved given the season so far I'd say :D ) - didn't seem to be any contact.

What surprised me though was the absolute implosion towards the end. Silly stuff from seasoned players. Cretaro in particular seemed voltalie, his tackle on Creaney earlier in the game was nasty.
    We've been like that all season which is the worrying thing, thought Higgins looked good when he came on, Cronin and Keegan are just too defensive together.

Don't know how much Baz could have done for the first goal, second was definitely his fault I think though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

We've been like that all season which is the worrying thing, thought Higgins looked good when he came on, Cronin and Keegan are just too defensive together.

Don't know how much Baz could have done for the first goal, second was definitely his fault I think though.

Definitely, he's a neat player alright. Was it his pass out wide to Powell for Byrne's goal? Lovely goal, actually.

I felt the keeper has no business in charging out. If he stayed on his line, or close to it, it meant that Sheppard was going to have to take a touch - in which case I thought Oman would have been able to make up the ground - or take it first time, where he would've been better positioned. In the end he made it a little easier for Sheppard.

We really need to generate some atmosphere at the matches.

We really need to generate some atmosphere at the matches.
    Yeah, apart from Fingal the crowds have been shocking. The crap football doesn't help though.

Good win against Linfield. Rossi put in a very good performance . Hopefully it boosts his confidence

DSCN2331.jpg

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yeah saw that in Herald yesterday. Good publicity for the club.

Huge game tomorrow!
    Murphy
    Heary
    Gray
    McGuiness
    Powell
    Cronin

Keegan
    Higgins
    Mcglynn
    Brennan
    Byrne

subs: O'Connor, Shells, Murphy, Greene, Quigley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The collapse of Bohs defence this season seriously shows how undervalued Brian Murphy was at the club. It just shows. They never would have shipped the amount of goals they have in the opening nine games with Brian Murphy in goal.

Playing wingers on their strong side? You must be mad...

Brian Murphy undervalued? Hahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Playing wingers on their strong side? You must be mad...

Brian Murphy undervalued? Hahaha!

I personally think he was tbh.

SantryRed wrote: »
    The collapse of Bohs defence this season seriously shows how undervalued Brian Murphy was at the club. It just shows. They never would have shipped the amount of goals they have in the opening nine games with Brian Murphy in goal.

Not only was he a great keeper, fan favourite and a legend but he could organise a defence too.

EDIT: Not undervalued from Bohs but maybe he didn't get the recognition he deserved from Trap.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I personally think he was tbh.
    Not by Bohs fans anyway. Everyone was surprised he stayed with us as long as he did, should have been in the Ireland squad long before he was.

Not by Bohs fans anyway. Everyone was surprised he stayed with us as long as he did, should have been in the Ireland squad long before he was.

It's ridiculous really how "the good catholic boy" could get into the team instead of murph

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Hey lads. How things.

Just a few bits of info for tonights game.

Tickets are €15 adults

Students €10

National school kids get in for free with paying adult. Max of two kids.

Parking. closest is near the tyre place on the right if coming from city, this fills up first so you will need to get there early enough. Also parking in the Swiss car park or if you dont mind a little 5 min walk, the Omni will have plenty of parking.

Seen a few questions about this posted on the Bohs forum so if anybody is on that maybe they could post up this info.

Cheers lads. Hope yous go home crying tonight:p

Hey lads. How things.

Just a few bits of info for tonights game.

Tickets are €15 adults

Students €10

National school kids get in for free with paying adult. Max of two kids.

Parking. closest is near the tyre place on the right if coming from city, this fills up first so you will need to get there early enough. Also parking in the Swiss car park or if you dont mind a little 5 min walk, the Omni will have plenty of parking.

Seen a few questions about this posted on the Bohs forum so if anybody is on that maybe they could post up this info.

Cheers lads. Hope yous go home crying tonight:p

:o
    THAT'S WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS.

O'Connor over Murphy in goal anyday. Murp came for nothin

• Advertisement

O'Connor over Murphy in goal anyday. Murp came for nothin
    I disagree tbh, O'Conner looks dodgy as hell whenever I've seen him.

I disagree tbh, O'Conner looks dodgy as hell whenever I've seen him.

Murphy was shocking though against Fingal. I've seen my granny jump with more conviction than him and Murphy won't collect the easiest of corners

Murphy was shocking though against Fingal. I've seen my granny jump with more conviction than him and Murphy won't collect the easiest of corners
    O'Connor is the opposite, he goes for everything, whether he has a chance of getting it or not, shocking judgement.

I want Brian back :(

Big crowd?

1,582 I think.

At least 2/3 Bohs

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement