Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

frantic190 wrote: »
    Yeah we got Anderlecht, good trip, tough team.

Nutsy looking to strengthen the squad:
    http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3883/

I hope it's Cesc :D Apparently he's got Dalyer DNA in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

That's a strange one, surely the Airtricity League is of higher quality than the Welsh?

Its a **** attempt at mind games in between the legs, Bohs would have much better contacts in England and Scotland, its no coincidence that players who go to TNS (and other welsh teams) all end up in the Blue Square North....

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Not to jump the gun or anything, just looking at the Anderlecht squad.

It isn't amazing now but they have a few international players. Jan Polak has 50 caps for the Czech Republic.

One to watch though is Romelu Lukaku, hottest prospect in Europe I have heard.

Last year at 16, he was top scorer in the Belgian league...:eek:. Although Chelsea have been looking at him I think, he may not still be there in a few weeks if Bohs get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

RTE should be ashamed of themselves.

Put TNS v Bohs live on telly please.
    No excuses.

Where the hell do you think your viewers come from ?

Please don't waste my license fee again this year
    showing some foreign sides in the Champions League that I couldn't
    even name a player from.

DB10 wrote: »

One to watch though is Romelu Lukaku, hottest prospect in Europe I have heard.

Last year at 16, he was top scorer in the Belgian league...:eek:. Although Chelsea have been looking at him I think, he may not still be there in a few weeks if Bohs get through.

Hey may miss the match through injury :D

Also, it was mentioned in the RTE Guide Highlights Section that Setanta Ireland are showing the match BUT it is not in their listings. So I can't be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Anderlecht should be a great match, have to make sure we beat TNS first though!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What the draw is confirmed?

Trilla wrote: »
    What the draw is confirmed?
    Yep

Good performance from the lads last night, only players I would criticise are Cretaro, who just seemed to get everything wrong, and Mcglynn, who seemed quiet. However I think consistency in team selection is important so I wouldn't necessarily drop them.

Arguably the best performance we've seen from Barry, his save in the first half was Brian-esqe! Quigley looks better with every game, involved in both goals last night.

Good performance from the lads last night, only players I would criticise are Cretaro.

He was awful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Reckon Anderlecht are actually doable with some luck.

Youse and us hitting form at the right time. Will be a monster game i Tallaght next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

CiaranC wrote: »
    Didnt look much of a crowd?
    Apparently only 1,500, we've Aston Villa next week so should get more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Didnt look much of a crowd?

2-2.5k according to extratime. Members/Season ticket holders had to pay in so not too bad a crowd. Wolves not much of a draw, Villa tickets selling much better apparently.

Fenlon still focusing on the league:

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3899/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

My mate spotted the Bohs team in Dublin airport earlier. They are heading out early considering its just across the water.

Pauleta wrote: »
    My mate spotted the Bohs team in Dublin airport earlier. They are heading out early considering its just across the water.

Normally you are there a day early before the game, would say they want to check out the plastic pitch in advance.

only 1,000 seats at the ground.
    UEFA rules.

Notice on TNS website telling Bohs fans without tickets NOT to travel.

Pal wrote: »
    only 1,000 seats at the ground.
    UEFA rules.

Notice on TNS website telling Bohs fans without tickets NOT to travel.
    And naturally it's not on tv here :rolleyes: Can't afford to head over mysef so gonna have to hunt for a stream.

Team for tomorrow? I think Mcglynn is still suspended so Brennan in for him and I'd bring in Jayo for Raffa, otherwise keep it the same. They'll have to come at us so plenty of opportunity to hit them on the break, hopeful we can nick one over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

And naturally it's not on tv here :rolleyes: Can't afford to head over mysef so gonna have to hunt for a stream.

Team for tomorrow? I think Mcglynn is still suspended so Brennan in for him and I'd bring in Jayo for Raffa, otherwise keep it the same. They'll have to come at us so plenty of opportunity to hit them on the break, hopeful we can nick one over there.

I thought someone posted a link stating setanta were showing it???

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    I thought someone posted a link stating setanta were showing it???
    Yeah I saw that, turned out to be incorrect :( Showing GAA instead :rolleyes:

Agree with you ScienceNerd, same team but for Byrne starting instead of Cretaro, Byrne is a natural goal scorer, Cretaro is great as an impact sub, win win.

That is if he is fit enough to start, since he played the full 90 against Wolves.

BBC Radio Shropshire is providing commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Agree with you ScienceNerd, same team but for Byrne starting instead of Cretaro, Byrne is a natural goal scorer, Cretaro is great as an impact sub, win win.

That is if he is fit enough to start, since he played the full 90 against Wolves.

BBC Radio Shropshire is providing commentary.

Hope there's no "rights restrictions" for the comentary

Big game v. Pats this friday, be great to get 3 points and go top.

Murphy

Shelly McGuinness Oman Powell

McGlynn Cronin Keego Brennan

Cretaro Madden

If Cretaro isn't fit stick in Greene/Byrne (which ever one is fit).

if Rovers get hammered tomorrow and Bohs win on friday, then the memory of last weeks disappointment might be lessened a little.

Forza Juve

Any truth in the rumor of C. Powell to Pats?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/fenlon-blasts-uefa-fixture-restrictions-2281017.html?

Fenlon blasts UEFA fixture restrictions

A BEMUSED Pat Fenlon has criticised the bizarre difficulty Bohemians are experiencing in rescheduling their Premier Division game with Bray Wanderers due to a clash with Champions League fixtures around Europe.

Bohs want to rearrange the game for tomorrow week, August 17, but the FAI have said there could be a problem with that date as there are Champions League qualifying games that night.

That has angered Fenlon, considering this week's meeting of the Airtricity League XI and Manchester United at the Aviva Stadium will take place on an evening where similar games are in progress around the continent.

"We were told we have to play it on the Monday," said Fenlon. "Funny enough, there's Champions League games on Wednesday around Europe."
    However, the FAI say they haven't made a firm decision yet, with clarity expected later today.

There have been numerous fixture clashes with Champions League games in recent times but the change in policy arises from a circular sent by UEFA last week to its member associations, where they requested that domestic games are scheduled separately.

Fenlon believes his Bohs team are back on the right track, despite a disappointing late concession in Friday's 1-1 draw with St Patrick's Athletic. The Gypsies looked assured of the points until Dave Mulcahy nicked a point for the Saints in added-time.

"We did everything to see it out but, in fairness to Pat's, they've been on that sort of run all season," said Fenlon, who is looking forward to Sunday's showdown with Shamrock Rovers in Tallaght.

- Daniel McDonnell
    Irish Independent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

No chance

Think the windows closed, may well end up in Britain tho.

• Advertisement

Anyone going to the game tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bohsman wrote: »
    Think the windows closed, may well end up in Britain tho.

Rumouringly Powell Shelly and Maddens last game for bohs. Assume they all england bound we certainly cant afford any of them.

Or maybe they are retiring and were tapped up by Rovers?

Anyone going to the game tomorrow?
    Yeah I'm going, stupid early kick off :(

Greenes gone to Preston - was always the plan.
    Matt Doherty - A team player who played against Wolves and Villa gone to Wolves.
    Madden and Brennan wanted by Celtic apparently, first Ive heard of the Shelley one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Madden and Brennan wanted by Celtic apparently, first Ive heard of the Shelley one.

I haven't seen enough of Madden but he obviously has some potential. I have to say though, I think Brennan is shite. The odd flash of "above averageness" or good set piece does not undo the amount of wasted possesion. And when I see him shuffling around the pitch wthe way he does...

Maybe that's tempting faith with the day that's in it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

S'craic.

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    S'craic.

now now! Well done to Rovers, better team on the day and took their chances. Back to the drawing board for Fenlon it has to be said

now now! Well done to Rovers, better team on the day and took their chances. Back to the drawing board for Fenlon it has to be said
    Not for the first time this season, Fenlon got it completely wrong

I haven't seen enough of Madden but he obviously has some potential. I have to say though, I think Brennan is shite. The odd flash of "above averageness" or good set piece does not undo the amount of wasted possesion. And when I see him shuffling around the pitch wthe way he does...

Maybe that's tempting faith with the day that's in it :o

Keegan, Brennan and Shelley are the only players in the squad Id keep tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Keegan, Brennan and Shelley are the only players in the squad Id keep tbh.
    Eh what about Madden?

CSF wrote: »
    Eh what about Madden?

Besides Dalymount he's our only sell able asset, obv would like to keep him if it was feasible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Besides Dalymount he's our only sell able asset, obv would like to keep him if it was feasible.

You'd get a few bob for some of the other players too I'd say. Are many of them contracted for next season?

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    You'd get a few bob for some of the other players too I'd say. Are many of them contracted for next season?

Hopefully not, since Jason Byrne signed everything has been sensible, first we made the under 1k a week deal with Pats and this season everyone that came in was on around 30k for the season, fairly sure the last of the high earners are out of contract soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Hopefully not, since Jason Byrne signed everything has been sensible, first we made the under 1k a week deal with Pats and this season everyone that came in was on around 30k for the season, fairly sure the last of the high earners are out of contract soon.

I've heard this several times. Whatever about the rest of your signings theres is no way Raf Cretaro took a pay cut to move to Dublin and go full time with Bohs. He was on more than 30k at Sligo and Rovers made him a higher offer at the start of the year which he turned down to go to Bohs. It doesn't take a genius to work out he's taking home a lot more than 30k a year at Bohs either officially or unofficially.

I've heard this several times. Whatever about the rest of your signings theres is no way Raf Cretaro took a pay cut to move to Dublin and go full time with Bohs. He was on more than 30k at Sligo and Rovers made him a higher offer at the start of the year which he turned down to go to Bohs. It doesn't take a genius to work out he's taking home a lot more than 30k a year at Bohs either officially or unofficially.

Its 100% fact*

May have been an average of 30k each meaning Raf could be on 40k and Chris O Connor on 20k etc. Dont forget the factors of full time football and Champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

what was the 1k a week deal with pats all about ?

any idea what type of fees the transfers are likely to bring in ?

When Pats released most of their squad 2 seasons ago the two clubs agreed not to offer anyone over 1k a week, not that either club were really in a position to do so anyway...

Minimal fees due to our dire financial situation Id say. Nigel Clough in the Bohs section today but will hardly have been too impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

When Pats released most of their squad 2 seasons ago the two clubs agreed not to offer anyone over 1k a week
    That cant be legal under company law surely?

That cant be legal under company law surely?

More of an understanding between the clubs, nothing could have been done if we didnt enforce it.

Now that I think of it we also promised him time off to get an operation he needed and Cook was refusing to let him go for. Rovers and the FAI scoured our accounts and didnt find anything dodgy btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not for the first time this season, Fenlon got it completely wrong

Not stirring it here but I've never seen Nutsy abdicate a game like that. He's usually giving it loads. Maybe he had the last game in mind and was keeping a low profile but from our vantage point, he looked like he was washing his hands of it. Quite shameful as to me, the players looked up for it but wilted as the game went on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement