Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

It's great to see the Bohs lads, like Pal et al, on here coming out and publically condemning the bottle throwers at yesterday's game.

I know the Bohs lads are very passionate about this type of thing after the hulabaloo that was created after the bottle incident last season in Tallaght so it's good to see the consistency.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

It's great to see the Bohs lads, like Pal et al, on here coming out and publically condemning the bottle throwers at yesterday's game.

I know the Bohs lads are very passionate about this type of thing after the hulabaloo that was created after the bottle incident last season in Tallaght so it's good to see the consistency.......

Did that linesman ask to be bottled?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

stovelid wrote: »
    Not stirring it here but I've never seen Nutsy abdicate a game like that. He's usually giving it loads. Maybe he had the last game in mind and was keeping a low profile but from our vantage point, he looked like he was washing his hands of it. Quite shameful as to me, the players looked up for it but wilted as the game went on.
    Wouldn't be the first time this season

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

bohsman wrote: »

Some rovers fan obviously thought he was asking for it, just like some bohs fans thought Twigg was asking for it. Neither are justifiable.

Some rovers fan obviously thought he was asking for it, just like some bohs fans thought Twigg was asking for it. Neither are justifiable.

Twigg begged for it and rightly got booked for it. O'Dowd used to do the same thing, its incitement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And Twigg was? 10 bottles?

dfx- wrote: »
    Celebrating in front of opposition fans is always gonna get an aggressive reaction. Doesn't justify it but it's a lot more understandable.

Never understand why players do that anyway, celebrate with your own fans. Strikes me as very small minded.

Twigg begged for it and rightly got booked for it. O'Dowd used to do the same thing, its incitement.

At least the rest of the rovers fans didn't try and justify the actions of their scum fans.

dfx- wrote: »

Yea, unless he is colour blind/retarded and thinks Rovers fans wear red and black. He begged for it - http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...d=455457883139

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Cant believe Bohs fans think its ok to throw 10-12 bottles at a player for celebrating a goal. The hypocrisy of it after their sanctimonious ****e last year.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Cant believe Bohs fans think its ok to throw 10-12 bottles at a player for celebrating a goal. The hypocrisy of it after their sanctimonious ****e last year.
    Doesn't justify it

Sure, its not right but Twigg is just as much in the wrong, surely you can see that?

Sure, its not right but Twigg is just as much in the wrong, surely you can see that?
    Why, did Twigg throw bottles at the bohs fans?

Why, did Twigg throw bottles at the bohs fans?

Its incitement, if Byrne scored against Rovers in Dalymount and ran straight over to Connaught St to celebrate he would deserve everything he got.

Said as much in the match thread - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67347024&postcount=61

Its incitement, if Byrne scored against Rovers in Dalymount and ran straight over to Connaught St to celebrate he would deserve everything he got.

Byrne has done it plenty of times for Shels against Rovers. I haven't seen a bottle thrown at him, though it still sparked a less than positive reaction..I remember Molloy doing it in a 3-2 cup game at Richmond..

Incitement is no excuse tbh

• Advertisement

Said as much in the match thread - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67347024&postcount=61

So do you think it's OK to throw bottles at players under such circumstances?

You are taking the piss surely. There are no circumstances when its ok to throw missiles at a player. If we did it to Jason Byrne we'd deserve to be fined heavily. The only difference would be that there would be hundreds of pages long threads all over the internet and clowns in Canada writing letters to the Irish Times, the FAI and ringing up Joe Duffy

So do you think it's OK to throw bottles at players under such circumstances?

No, certainly wouldnt do it myself and it doesnt justify it but he knew what he was doing and did get booked for it.

No, certainly wouldnt do it myself and it doesnt justify it but he knew what he was doing and did get booked for it.

Agreed.

The Bohs - Rovers love in on this forum is sickening. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

To be honest, it's not really the bottle throwing in itself. I like it when Twigg winds you up but wanted to smack Melligan for same: such is life. What annoys me is that some people (not so much here) would have 10 pages of posts about it if Byrne did get bottled by us.

It's the disparity that annoys me, not so much the supporters losing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

twigg is a **** simple as!! in a game where tensions between the two sets off supporters are high to have a player come over and wind up fans is deserving of abuse. anyway 12 bottles and not one hit him thats really dissapointing:).

dont even get me started on hooperman disgrace of a mascot.

You are taking the piss surely. There are no circumstances when its ok to throw missiles at a player. If we did it to Jason Byrne we'd deserve to be fined heavily. The only difference would be that there would be hundreds of pages long threads all over the internet and clowns in Canada writing letters to the Irish Times, the FAI and ringing up Joe Duffy

cry me a river our fans and club take just as much ****e off the media and gards as your club does, get over it.

major bill wrote: »
    twigg is a **** simple as!! in a game where tensions between the two sets off supporters are high to have a player come over and wind up fans is deserving of abuse. anyway 12 bottles and not one hit him thats really dissapointing:).

dont even get me started on hooperman disgrace of a mascot.

Would you be complaining about any of this if you had come back and won 3-2? Would you fuck! You lost the game. Suck it up.

Would you be complaining about any of this if you had come back and won 3-2? Would you fuck! You lost the game. Suck it up.

what has the result got anything to do with the way bohs get treated in your ground??

suck it up, i am i went out after game took alot of abuse of rovers fans in my local pub, said twiggs goal was brilliant the result has nothing to do with it.

[/B]

cry me a river our fans and club take just as much ****e off the media and gards as your club does, get over it.
    I dont give a ****e about the media or the guards (yous take much more guff off them btw, the Tallaght lot are fine), Im talking about Bohs fans whining

Anyway point made

I dont give a ****e about the media or the guards (yous take much more guff off them btw, the Tallaght lot are fine), Im talking about Bohs fans whining

Anyway point made

oh congratulations on that then.

what has the result got anything to do with the way bohs get treated in your ground??

The result has everything to do with the amount of moaning you do. It's OK dude, I understand your pain.

In other news hopefully a bidding war for Madden coming up with Derby, Celtic and Bristol City interested. 100k+ going to Bohs would be a result - rumours WFTA would be due a decent %.

In other news hopefully a bidding war for Madden coming up with Derby, Celtic and Bristol City interested. 100k+ going to Bohs would be a result - rumours WFTA would be due a decent %.

doubt we would get anything more than 100k but the lad has a lot of potential so we should look for a good percentage on any future transfer if he were to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

The old classic. Right tell me, exactly what way or how bad are bohs fans treated in Tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Any time you want to mistreat us in a similar fashion by providing a structurally safe away end that actually has a jacks and access to food, please feel free to do so.

iregk wrote: »
    The old classic. Right tell me, exactly what way or how bad are bohs fans treated in Tallaght?

il be only opening a can of worms if i do go into it!!.

stovelid wrote: »
    Any time you want to mistreat us in a similar fashion by providing a structurally safe away end that actually has a jacks and access to food, please feel free to do so.

simple answer NO

il be only opening a can of worms if i do go into it!!.

Thats the usual response. Come in with a point and back down when you realise you have absolute nothing to complain about. The usual pathetic Bohs rant after being turned over in Tallaght yet again.

Oh you threat us like pigs, oh you lock us in, we fear for our lives etc... Show or tell me another ground, policed as well that gives you as good facilities as Tallaght? Then tell me what it is you have to complain about. Now think of that kip we have to go over to on the northside every time we play you lot. Only the bloody Bohs fans could end up having a fight amongst themselves because someone buys a burger in an away stadium.

Thats the usual response. Come in with a point and back down when you realise you have absolute nothing to complain about. The usual pathetic Bohs rant after being turned over in Tallaght yet again.

Oh you threat us like pigs, oh you lock us in, we fear for our lives etc... Show or tell me another ground, policed as well that gives you as good facilities as Tallaght? Then tell me what it is you have to complain about. Now think of that kip we have to go over to on the northside every time we play you lot. Only the bloody Bohs fans could end up having a fight amongst themselves because someone buys a burger in an away stadium.

clap your hands for the model club then. read the papers in the next few days and see what sort of publicity your club will get then.

clap your hands for the model club then. read the papers in the next few days and see what sort of publicity your club will get then.

Are Bohs fans gearing up to write another series of strongly worded letters?

You mean about the bottles thrown from your fans?

p.s. please point out where in my post I said Rovers were the model club.

You mean about the bottles thrown from your fans?

p.s. please point out where in my post I said Rovers were the model club.

just wait and see;)

• Advertisement

Behind the scenes at dalymount...

http://www.vimeo.com/14046212

Will do major. Can we also wait and see about bohs 5m in the red headlines as well. P.s. let me know when these stories come out so I don't miss out will you.

Again more tripe from Bohs bitter fans. You haven't answered a single question I've put to you and simply take quite poor pot shots in different directions.

Behind the scenes at dalymount...

http://www.vimeo.com/14046212

This is officially the best video in the history of the universe and will never be overtaken.

Like Monty Python's funniest joke, it should carry a health warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Keegan, Brennan and Shelley are the only players in the squad Id keep tbh.

Shelley runs about at 100 miles an hour and fluffs the final ball.
    He does my head.

Brennan can be good or anonymous. Some of his crosses are shocking.

I'd punt both of them.

Keep only Powell, Keegan, Madden for me.

The rest can go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0812/bohemians.html

So the only fulltime yet pretending to be part time club will be Shamrocks/Fingal.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0812/bohemians.html

So the only fulltime yet pretending to be part time club will be Shamrocks/Fingal.
    Not particularly surprising

• Advertisement

Time for Bohs fans to stand up and be counted.
    The Club is in immediate and considerable financial trouble.

It would make a huge difference if the closet fans started turning up at matches.

Pal wrote: »
    Time for Bohs fans to stand up and be counted.
    The Club is in immediate and considerable financial trouble.

You've been that way for the past few years, just in denial. I think its time the fans took action and got rid of the idiots you have running your club. Standing up, being counted as you say really means bailing them out yet again. This is simply putting off the inevitable. All you will do now if you stump up cash is service debt.

What happens in a few months when that cash runs out? You going to stand up and be counted again?

The Board that got the Club into the mess have already been dumped.

The people in charge now inherited the problem.

The cash won't run out in a few months. It has already run out.

I sense you don't know what's going on and are not a Bohs fan.

Pal wrote: »
    The Board that got the Club into the mess have already been dumped.

The people in charge now inherited the problem.

The cash won't run out in a few months. It has already run out.

I sense you don't know what's going on and are not a Bohs fan.

I'm not a Bohs fan but I do know exactly whats going on. You've misread a lot of my post. I never said the board I mentioned everyone involved in getting Bohs into this mess. Cheque Book Fenlon for example is still there. He spent a fortune without a care as to what was happening. Now I am aware ultimately the board sign off on all of this but he has to take some responsibility for the situation.

The cash has ran out at bohs i agree however what is being asked of the fans now is the stand up and put your hands in your pockets again. This cash will only go so far as it did last season. What will the supports cash do? Pay the wages. When its used what then? Ask them for more?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement