Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Pal wrote: »
    Time for Bohs fans to stand up and be counted.
    The Club is in immediate and considerable financial trouble.

It would make a huge difference if the closet fans started turning up at matches.
    They stood up and were counted last year with a gargantuan effort to raise funds, and here they are, not even a year later, in the exact same position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

have to agree with you that its gone on too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

have to agree with you that its gone on too long.

and its not the exact same position. Its worse.

Totally. What I'm more interested in rather than sniping back and forth is what would Bohs fans do to rectify the situation? Is all that's on the table the sale of Dalymount. Surely players must come into the equation as well but at the obvious cost of success. Where does this leave Bohs in relation to the FAI rules obviously given the figures they have breached the cap?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

alright lads heading to my first bohs games tonight, which stand is best for the neutrals then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

This might be an extremely naive question (and it may well have been already addressed in this thread), but how was Bohs’ budget approved at the beginning of the season if they were factoring in income from European exploits that was not guaranteed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dalymount will probably be sold I reckon.

And move out? Wonder where Shels would go..

Adamski8, I'd be sure that only the Jodi Stand (main stand) would be open tonight.

Plenty of neutral sections in the Jodi stand.

I don't think its a naive question and would like to know too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

djpbarry wrote: »
    This might be an extremely naive question (and it may well have been already addressed in this thread), but how was Bohs’ budget approved at the beginning of the season if they were factoring in income from European exploits that was not guaranteed?
    They weren't the shortfall came in commerciall side of things, advertising and lower than expected gates
    adamski8 wrote: »
    alright lads heading to my first bohs games tonight, which stand is best for the neutrals then?

The Jodi stand perhaps section c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

BOHtox wrote: »
    The Jodi stand perhaps section c
    Alright lads cheers, if there is only 1 stand i think im smart enough to work out where not to sit beside the die hards/singers what have you :p
    Just thought 3 stands would be open and wasnt sure if you could change between stands once inside etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

iregk wrote: »
    I'm not a Bohs fan but I do know exactly whats going on. You've misread a lot of my post. I never said the board I mentioned everyone involved in getting Bohs into this mess. Cheque Book Fenlon for example is still there. He spent a fortune without a care as to what was happening. Now I am aware ultimately the board sign off on all of this but he has to take some responsibility for the situation.

Fenlon can take no blame imo, he signed Jayo Byrne on big money, every other one of his signings have been on reasonable contracts and again the board signed off on it, is there a manager out there that would come back and say "no, you cant afford it, Im not spending this money"

djpbarry wrote: »

Bohs are currently well under the SCP, unfortunately you can go broke while reducing your budget significantly. Dont forget we were under transfer embargo this time last year, no such embargo this year, the FAI are satisfied with our accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Any Bohs fans care to comment on the 2 sending offs tonight?

Was told the first one was complete nonsense and that he second was ridiculously harsh.

Was the ref givin yis a lot of frees?

Be honest lads ;) Just the once won't kill ya, I swear.

1st one there was handbags between Heary(?) and the Galway player, small bit of pushing, Heary see's the linesman see it and steps away and puts his arms up towards the linesman, linesman had no option but to alert the ref. Ref seemed very fussy in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dfx- wrote: »
    And move out? Wonder where Shels would go..

Sure SDCC would like some more money!;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was told the first one was complete nonsense and that he second was ridiculously harsh.
    First one I didn't see a thing, seemed very bizzare. Second looked like he elbowed Brennan in the face, clear red if what I think I saw is correct.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

There have been rumors of Shels in Tallaght for the past year.

So they should ask for more then :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Like every game for the rest of the season, must win tonight.

Would like to see Burke in the team.

If you's don't win tonight, then I think you should seriously consider taking up beach volleyball or something...

dfx- wrote: »
    If you's don't win tonight, then I think you should seriously consider taking up beach volleyball or something...
    Yeah imagine not beating Bray, oh wait...

frantic190 wrote: »

Would like to see Burke in the team.

Great performance from Burke, cheer went up when he came over to the jodi at the end. If he bulks up a bit will be a top player.

Great performance from Burke, cheer went up when he came over to the jodi at the end. If he bulks up a bit will be a top player.
    Was impressive when given time to run at them, picked out a few good passes as well. Didn't help much defensively but that'll come in time I suppose. Glad the crowd got behind him.

Thought he was a mascot when I fist saw him warming up xD

Was impressive when given time to run at them, picked out a few good passes as well. Didn't help much defensively but that'll come in time I suppose. Glad the crowd got behind him.

Thought he was a mascot when I fist saw him warming up xD

The jersey does be down at his ankles :D Think he out performed Brennan tbh.

• Advertisement

The jersey does be down at his ankles :D Think he out performed Brennan tbh.
    Meh, Brennan was poor I thought, especially in the second half, tried a lot of fancy stuff that wasn't working, very frustrating at times. He needs to be played on the left in fairness to him though.

On another point, something up with Quigley? Stayed out on the bench while the other subs went in at haf time, then walked straight off the pitch at full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Meh, Brennan was poor I thought, especially in the second half, tried a lot of fancy stuff that wasn't working, very frustrating at times. He needs to be played on the left in fairness to him though.

On another point, something up with Quigley? Stayed out on the bench while the other subs went in at haf time, then walked straight off the pitch at full time.

It doesn't sound like anything is wrong with him from that description. Par for the course, really.

monkey9 wrote: »
    It doesn't sound like anything is wrong with him from that description. Par for the course, really.
    Heh true, he is a sulky bastard at times, just a bit odd

Extratime.ie reporter Frankie Lally speaks to Bohs Striker Raffaele Cretaro and Manager Pat Fenlon after the 2-0 win over Bray. Filmed and Edited by Peter O'Doherty

Same team as Bray tomorrow fitness permitting me thinks.

Preview:
    http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12136/0/

• Advertisement

Drogheda Monday, wouldn't mind seeing Quigley up front with Cretaro tbh, but if not would like to see Byrne back in the team with Quigley out on the wing, think he deserves a place in the team after his performance against Dundalk.

Skippy
    Shelley Oman McGuinness Powell
    McGlynn Cronin Keego Quigley
    Raffa Byrne

Fenlon seems to be picking his team selections out of a hat though, so wouldn't be surprised if Aaron Greene was in goal or something.

If we're to win the league I'd imagine we can't drop any points from now . So MUST WIN !!!

How was O' Conner Friday? Pulled off some decent saves against Bray

How was O' Conner Friday? Pulled off some decent saves against Bray

Made a few good saves , steady under the high ball

Which one of yis is down as "Fcuk TNS" in the fantasy football league? :D

Which one of yis is down as "Fcuk TNS" in the fantasy football league? :D

:D Dunno but its a quality name, he's not on the bohs message board fantasy league though. Would be great if he won the thing overall, seeing his teams name on the front page of the PL site at the end of the season.

Any idea if we'll be in the Des Kelly or Connaught stand on Friday? IIRC only Rovers and the Setanta Cup matches is when the Connaught could be open, so hopefully Des Kelly.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Any idea if we'll be in the Des Kelly or Connaught stand on Friday? IIRC only Rovers and the Setanta Cup matches is when the Connaught could be open, so hopefully Des Kelly.:D

id say the des kelly as thats where pats were!!! looking forward to this game hopefully a big crowd turns out.

major bill wrote: »
    id say the des kelly as thats where pats were!!! looking forward to this game hopefully a big crowd turns out.

Grand, hopefully we'll be in the Des Kelly.

• Advertisement

Hope Gary Burke gets a run out against Shels, would like to see him again.

10-08-27_ShelbourneA4.jpg
    http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy164/bohsmatchposters/10-08-27_ShelbourneA4.jpg

Another great poster from NavanBohs on the bohs message board, get it to all your friends!

Match preview:
    http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12365/0/
    Bohemians
    Injured: Stephen Gray (Hamstring), Anto Murphy (Hamstring) Rafaelle Cretaro (Hip)
    Doubtful: Paul Keegan (Groin)
    Suspended:

Would like to see Burke and Dixon get a run out. But we have to take this seriously, need all the money we can get.

Skippy
    Shelley McGuinness Oman Powell
    McGlynn Keego Cronin Killer
    Quigley Byrne

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8951524.stm

Celtic have had a £60,000 offer for striker Paddy Madden rejected by Irish club Bohemians. (the Sun)

Ye I agree with the club, we can get more for him.

He'll stagnate playing at Bohemians for too long, sure he'll be good but he won't progress, then again moving to a club like Celtic won't do him much good either, considering the fact he'd merely be a bench warmer, moving to a club lower in the SPL would be much more beneficial for him, somewhere like Motherwell or Hearts. I do think in monetarty value he's worth more than the meagre value in which they've offered, although if they'd offer a friendly and a sell on clause, I'd snap their hands off.

Would be good if we had other clubs bidding as well and worked them against each other. I'd hope to get at least 100k for him anyway.

Took his goal well last night anyway!

"The most important thing is the football club".
    Pat Fenlon gives Andy Donlan his thoughts on advancing to the FAI Cup quarter final, after the 1-0 FAI Cup victory at home to Shelbourne.
    He also looks ahead to the title run in and fills us in on Jason Byrne and Raffaele Cretaro's injury problems.

Camera and production: Alan McLoughlin

Highlights of the match:
    http://vimeo.com/14506170

In relation to Paddy Madden I'd take 80k sterling for him+add ons and %of next transfer+a friendly. Madden of the wage bill would also be great.

• Advertisement

Official Attendence for the match on Friday was 1,880 :eek: I'd say about 700- 800 of that was Shels fans too, from the Des Kelly to Section A in the Jodi.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement