Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Transfers/Rumours Thread 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Official Attendence for the match on Friday was 1,880 :eek: I'd say about 700- 800 of that was Shels fans too, from the Des Kelly to Section A in the Jodi.

Yep, thats what we are up against. People don't bother anymore. Kids were turned away because they weren't with adults, kids being forced to Q at seperate stiles than their parents. Hurting a lot of our potential fan base. Kids are going free for some of our remaining home matches though, and we have a Bring a friend initiative in place for the UCD match, drinks promotions and kids entertainment on the night. Hope to see a bolstered crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Official Attendence for the match on Friday was 1,880 :eek: I'd say about 700- 800 of that was Shels fans too, from the Des Kelly to Section A in the Jodi.

7-800 Shels fans? Never half that and you're a lot closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

BOHtox wrote: »
    7-800 Shels fans? Never half that and you're a lot closer

Presume the people saying it on our forum know what the attendence was for the Des Kelly and then add on a 100 or whatever was down the far end of the Jodi.

frantic190 wrote: »

Was all bull****, no offers were tabled for Madden according to Fenlon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

8 games left, 7 points behind rovers looks like its out of our hands yet i still have a little bit of hope left or maybe im just mad:o

remaining fixtures **rovers game in bold**

home games left
    Ucd
    Drogheda
    Bray
    Rovers
    Dundalk
    Galway
    Fingal
    Drogheda

away games left
    Sligo
    Pats
    Galway
    Pats
    Dundalk
    Ucd
    Bohs
    Bray

only saving grace for bohs is we only have 3 away games left and maybe slightly an ''easier'' run in than rovers.in previous years we prob would have taken 13 points out of the last 15 at home and maybe 5/7 away but who knows with the team this year.

anyway keep the faith i dont want this thread to get too doom and gloomy:)

• Advertisement

I still think we have a slight outside chance, but not much of one. We need to win everything, regardless, thats the only way we will have a chance. I would love to see a push for the cup though, and then **** the players out on their ear at the end of the season.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm down to pure blind optimism at this point :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I'd go for
    O'Connor

McGuiness
    Shelley
    Heary
    Powell
    Keegan
    Cronin
    McGlynn
    Greene
    Cretaro
    Quigley
    Subs: Murphy, Oman, Higgins, Byrne, Burke

Cretaro's injured I think.

Brennan needs to be dropped definitely, useless the last few games.

Cretaro's injured I think.

Brennan needs to be dropped definitely, useless the last few games.

If Raf is injured I'd change it to this
    I'd go for
    O'Connor

McGuiness
    Shelley
    Heary
    Powell
    Keegan
    Cronin
    McGlynn
    Greene
    Byrne
    Quigley
    Subs: Murphy, Oman, Higgins, Rossi , Burke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Yep, thats what we are up against. People don't bother anymore.

Here is an interesting one for you. Earlier on in the season the in laws were in town on evening that you lot were at home. So being football fans they decided sure lets head up and watch it.

When they got to the ground they went to buy tickets and were asked which club they were fans of. They aren't fans of any club they just like football. So father in law replies, "nobody, I just want to watch the match". He was told he'd have to into the away end then. So down he went to the away end only to be asked the same question and they in turn sent him back up to the home end.

Back up there again same thing which club, "nobody, just a football fan". They said you'll have to go down to the away end to which he told them he's just been etc... anyway 2 mins of argument over the fact that he could be anyone and just looking to cause a fight etc... They are in their 70's! In any case they walked away in disgust and didn't get in.

Yes they could have taken the easy option and said Bohs fans but he was so annoyed it was the principle that counted. So Bohs wonder why you've nobody going to the games? Look at your policy on turning away paying public.

iregk wrote: »
    Here is an interesting one for you. Earlier on in the season the in laws were in town on evening that you lot were at home. So being football fans they decided sure lets head up and watch it.

When they got to the ground they went to buy tickets and were asked which club they were fans of. They aren't fans of any club they just like football. So father in law replies, "nobody, I just want to watch the match". He was told he'd have to into the away end then. So down he went to the away end only to be asked the same question and they in turn sent him back up to the home end.

Back up there again same thing which club, "nobody, just a football fan". They said you'll have to go down to the away end to which he told them he's just been etc... anyway 2 mins of argument over the fact that he could be anyone and just looking to cause a fight etc... They are in their 70's! In any case they walked away in disgust and didn't get in.

Yes they could have taken the easy option and said Bohs fans but he was so annoyed it was the principle that counted. So Bohs wonder why you've nobody going to the games? Look at your policy on turning away paying public.
    Not the first time I've heard something like that :(

So everyone's bringing a friend on Friday ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Anyone got a friend they can spare :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Roaster wrote: »
    Anyone got a friend they can spare :(

??

yellow-pages.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

iregk wrote: »

it wouldnt suprise me the security/officials can be fcuking idiots at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Interesting, is there a number of people that would qualify as taking the piss? Like say if a lad walked in with a ticket and said 'next 50 fellas are with me,' ?:D

Interesting, is there a number of people that would qualify as taking the piss? Like say if a lad walked in with a ticket and said 'next 50 fellas are with me,' ?:D

Watches tumble weed roll by

Watches tumble weed roll by

It wasnt a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

It wasnt a joke.

Yes, 1 person can pay for 50 people, wouldnt recommend carrying that much cash around though.

Ah.. I feel like a fool now, I thought the idea behind a 'bring a friend', would be that you pay for your ticket so you can bring along a buddy for free. My bad :o

Ah.. I feel like a fool now, I thought the idea behind a 'bring a friend', would be that you pay for your ticket so you can bring along a buddy for free. My bad :o

There was a 4 for €50 promotion alright but stuff like buy one get one free justs costs us as the regulars will use them.

Well at least we put on a decent performance last night

Best performance of the season, if only we'd been able to play all season with a fit Byrne and Cretaro up front with Madden in reserve. McGlynn available would have made a huge difference aswell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What's the opinion on Madden? I was surprised to learn of a few games that he played and Byrne came on as sub - like Fingal for example..

And I think the way Bohs have played this season has been just right.. :)

dfx- wrote: »
    What's the opinion on Madden? I was surprised to learn of a few games that he played and Byrne came on as sub - like Fingal for example..

And I think the way Bohs have played this season has been just right.. :)

Madden has potential, he should not be leading the line for a team going for 3 in a row though. Jason Byrne and Raf have both struggled with fitness/injury this season. Not sure how much Jayo has left to offer at this level, a lot of Maddens starts were warranted because Jayo wasnt up with the pace at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I had an epiphany last night, reasonably sober.

The reason Bohs crowds are **** is becuase the fans do not tolerate the running of the club, it wasnt bohs that gave me this epiphany it was a "where are all the ****ing pats fans and how the **** can rovers fill more than A and B stand(300ish) plus a homeless fan taxi driver.

Then it hit me our support died the day we tried to move away from richmond averaging 2500 a game beforehand and not winning **** then the board tried to move us to the Tallaght Staidum and sell Richmond.

Again it hit me when Rovers where playing around dublin on any pitch that was available they were being run into the ground. Their fans just stopped going and imo Richmond would be the closest ground to the Rovers home support than anywhere else inc Tallaght. They had barely 400 in there one evening and last night close to 2000.

Regardless of them being good i reckon if they were playing Richmond/Tolka and with the fans in full support of the board they would still have reasonable attd.

Bohs atm are screwed until the fans take control of the club or someone with the money to fix what is wrong (irony considering they a members club) Red Bull Bohemians????

Pats i am reasonably confident as long as Mahon and Gill are there and getting us playing the way we are we will get back to average 2500 at home to UCD.

The future is bright on the southside, with one club being by run the fans and another being run by a richdude but being run right.

Kinda weird a Homeless fan taxi driver (from ballyer of course) who doesnt go anymore gave me that epiphany :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh follow on post a drunken epiphany.

All our attds went **** around the same time as summer football, but that gets blamed on it all.

Oddly i think it may have been otherwise and that our clubs were run by people who were either incompetent of really couldnt afford to do it anymore (O Flahertys Pats).

Rovers poor attd started when they won the 4th in a row, altho some anomylies along the way RDS 25k?

Ours increased in the 90s obviously but died around 2005ish. But still we always had the base to build from.

• Advertisement

This is the Bohs thread mate.

Anyway,
    Played great last night but the atmosphere was shíte. I saw hardly any regulars and a load of new faces so I don't know what to think . Has our old fans given up?

Anyway, same 11 tomorrow that was playin on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

This is the Bohs thread mate.

He's trying to offer an explanation for your attendance drop.

stovelid wrote: »
    He's trying to offer an explanation for your attendance drop.

One I was joking and two:
    Our attendences are dropping because well I'm not really arsed naming all of them. But he's right to a certain degree alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Our attendences are dropping because well I'm not really arsed naming all of them. But he's right to a certain degree alright

That kind of attitude :pac:

Voltwad wrote: »
    That kind of attitude :pac:

What that because I'm not bothered naming reasons for low attendences is the direct reason for low attendences?

No, not being arsed to go to matches, thats the reason your attendances are ****e. That, and turning people away at the gates for not being bohs fans.

• Advertisement

No, not being arsed to go to matches, thats the reason your attendances are ****e. That, and turning people away at the gates for not being bohs fans.

Well I go to all the matches even if it doesn't suit me but I'd say you're right to a certain degree with people not arsed going

Dont worry, we turn Bohs fans away aswell.

We had a great crowd for the opening game of the season against Fingal. A new ticketing system left people queuing and pissed off and then the football being **** didnt help. It went downhill from there with the TNS game basically ending our season.

Our goal of the season from Killer last night in my opinion, pure class

Our goal of the season from Killer last night in my opinion, pure class

FAN-FOOKING-TASTIC goal!!!!

Extratime reporter Frankie Lally talks to Pat Fenlon and Jason Byrne after the 2-0 win over Drogheda in Dalymount Park. Filmed by Peter O'Doherty

• Advertisement

FAN-FOOKING-TASTIC goal!!!!
    Pretty much what I shouted in mid air as it went in :pac:

Bray game tomorrow. As much as I'd like to keep the same 11 on the pitch I'd like to keep them for the Sligo game.
    Murphy
    Rossiter
    Oman
    Shelley----Powell
    Dixon
    Keegan
    McGlynn----Burke
    Quigley

Madden

c'mon bohs , league's not over yet

Just want to bump this thread

Lets hope Galway repeat last years heroics :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Lets hope Galway repeat last years heroics :o

One slip by Rovers and we can do it.

please Dear God. let it happen.

Killian Brennan in court
    Saturday September 25 2010

FORMER Ireland international footballer Gary Kelly appeared in court yesterday charged with assaulting three men.

Bohemians footballer Killian Brennan and two other men also appeared in Drogheda District Court, to face charges related to an incident in the town earlier this year.

All four are charged with trespassing with intent to commit criminal damage. The offences are alleged to have taken place at Halpins Terrace, Drogheda, Co Louth, and all but one is said to have taken place on March 28.

Kelly (36) of Braughan, Baltray, Co Louth, is accused of assaulting three men. He is also alleged to have produced a wooden stick in the course of a dispute and to have entered a house as a trespasser with intent to commit criminal damage. The sixth charge accuses him of damaging a window on March 29.

Co-accused Brennan (26) with an address in Gleann Alainn, Tullyallen, Co Louth, is also accused of entering the house as a trespasser with intent to commit criminal damage and is alleged to have produced a wooden stick in the course of a dispute.

Damage

Also charged are Gary's brother Jim Kelly (52) of Marian Park, Drogheda, and John Connor (4 of Moneymore, Drogheda.

Both are alleged to have entered a house as a trespasser with intent to commit criminal damage and to have produced a wooden stick in the course of a dispute. Jim Kelly is also alleged to have assaulted a man.

Solicitor Paul Moore told Judge Flann Brennan that he was looking for the cases to be adjourned to next Tuesday, saying that some of the parties would be "away" and not available from Wednesday "for some time".

He also said the matter would not take much of the court's time next week.

All cases were adjourned to the next sitting of Drogheda District Court.

- Elaine Keogh

Irish Independent

He is suspended for the next while anyway, this wont be our problem for much longer at least.

Killian Brennan in court

He is suspended for the next while anyway, this wont be our problem for much longer at least.

I hope it won't effect him when he comes back. I heard Madden is gone to Celtic for 70k + a friendly against the first team

I hope it won't effect him when he comes back. I heard Madden is gone to Celtic for 70k + a friendly against the first team
    He was just starting to hit form aswell, typical

I'll believe it about Madden when it happens, never pay attention to rumours

He was just starting to hit form aswell, typical

I'll believe it about Madden when it happens, never pay attention to rumours

It would be a great deal all the same. He's a crap player with a crap attitude

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement