Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show - March 5th 2010

• 05-03-2010 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight is all about Eurosong, people.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0305/eurosong.html
    Tubridy excited about Eurosong show

'The Late Late Show' presenter Ryan Tubridy has said that he is excited about hosting his first 'Eurosong' final. Speaking to RTÉ.ie, he said of tonight's event, which is part of a 'Late Late Show' special: "The last twelve months have been just a series of firsts and this is one of them."

"The first 'Late Late Show' was amazing. 'The Toy Show' was one of the best night's of my life, and this is probably the most curious of them.I wouldn't be Mr Eurovision, by any stretch of the imagination, but I respect what it is and I enjoy what it is and I'd be one of the ones who'd look at it with an arched eyebrow, and enjoy it."

"But I wouldn't knock it because it's ours and it's an Irish thing and it is a source of pride. We need a lift, now more than ever. Every year we're hoping 'maybe this year we'll break through' but I think going through it like this, like a national song contest... I think the method of picking the song is really good. It's real songwriters, real singers and it's very democratic."

Speaking about past 'Eurovision' entries, Tubridy said: "I love Johnny Logan... J-Lo, as I call him."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yay! or something (checks listings).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Johnny Logan, Dana, Michael Ball and Marty Whelan are due to appear on tonight's 'Late Late Show Eurosong Special'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Johnny Logan, Dana, Michael Ball and Marty Whelan are due to appear on tonight's 'Late Late Show Eurosong Special'.

awwwh can we not have a eurosong without these every year!!!(not michael ball). jeez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Teddy Chips

#shivers#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

no better night for a few pints so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Pretty sure I saw Johnny Logan on Saturday Show saying RTE cancelled him from Eurosong because he was appearing on Saturday Show and now he hates RTE....something something something, which is confusing because its all RTE and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

no dustin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Goody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

That's good news. That routine is long past its sell-by date.

there is plenty other turkeys on the show :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

the thing about Ryan Tubridy is that you know he's definitely not excited about his first Eurosongs episode. Its quite obvious that he wants to be cool, is deferential to people like Imelda May or Glen Hansard, but talks down a bit to people like The High Kings or Tommy Fleming......thats not a problem per se, except that lets not pretend here folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

I've just read the rest of the release.....his j-lo comment backs up what I just said, I think.

If he actually knew a bit about music, he would know that Johnny Logan is an extremely talented, gifted singer; from a technical viewpoint he is a very fine singer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BennyBlanko

Glad to see they are spending my licence fee well as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0305/eurosong.html
    'The Toy Show' was one of the best night's of my life"

At least someone enjoyed it.

maybe Jedward will be on - they could be Ireland's eurovision savours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Hope the panel are better than last year: Jerry Springer, Linda Martin and Marty Whelan.

Jerry was a guest and didn't wana step on any toes said everyone was marvelous!

Marty is a nice guy, have you ever seen Marty say anything nasty or even brutally honest. He said all positive things as its his nature and really should not be judging.

Linda Martin was one of the Judges that shortlisted the finalist and she was a judge. So she spent the whole show patting her self on her wrinkly scaly back on what great choices they made!

There was also a polish act which they all thought was brilliant( they came 2nd). The song writer was Polish the singer was polish, neither of them lived here they simply thought it was easier for them to qualify through Ireland. Im sorry i try not be racist but its the IRISH eurovision entry, (fine if your an immigrant and living here) but seriously, fúck off home! The audience erupted when they found out that they came 2nd not for the winner but for the fact that the foreigners didn win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Saw a picture of that Lee Bradshaw guy in the paper today and he definitely looks like he's had some work done. Seemed to have that Madame Tussauds waxwork look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Glad to see they are spending my licence fee well as per usual.

The hundreds of thousands who will enjoy it will probably think it is being spent wisely.

No word on when RTÉ's service that caters for your viewing tastes only is being launched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The hundreds of thousands who will enjoy it will probably think it is being spent wisely.

No word on when RTÉ's service that caters for your viewing tastes only is being launched?

Hold off paying your licence fee until it is so...
    Tubridy wrote:
    The Toy Show' was one of the best night's of my life,

Doesn't say much for Aoibheann Ni Shuilleabhain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Im sorry i try not be racist but its the IRISH eurovision entry, (fine if your an immigrant and living here) but seriously, fúck off home!

I agree completely. That Justin Lee Collins lad was on whinging today about how he wasnt picked. He entered songs in THREE of the eurosong contests this year.. Ireland, Russia and somewhere else.. making a b*ll*x of the competition. That foreign song this year is a complete rip off of Candyman by Christina Aguilera..
    Doesn't say much for Aoibheann Ni Shuileabhain.
    LOL, I can see it's gonna be a good thread tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Saw a picture of that Lee Bradshaw guy in the paper today and he definitely looks like he's had some work done. Seemed to have that Madame Tussauds waxwork look.

Yay!!!! I love plastic Lee. He's hawt!

Didn't he grab his crotch or something last time he entered eurosong?!

Woo hoo! Vodka and the LLS, I cannot wait!!!!

Are we all sure that he has actually had surgery.. I mean he's only a young man isnt he? What would he get done, botox? ..
    Woo hoo! Vodka and the LLS, I cannot wait!!!!

I bought the cheapest load of sh1te plonk possible, something befitting of the songs and the presenter. Niamh Kavanagh ftw I think. Might have a eyeful of Leane "I only won cos I'm pretty" Moore though. :D

Are we all sure that he has actually had surgery.. I mean he's only a young man isnt he? What would he get done, botox? ..

I bought the cheapest load of sh1te plonk possible, something befitting of the songs and the presenter. Niamh Kavanagh ftw I think. Might have a eyeful of Leane "I only won cos I'm pretty" Moore though. :D

Ah no I don't think he's had anything done: think it's just a big load of sunbeds/fake tan and makeup = HAWT!!!!!! (when I've drank the vodka)

I had forgotten NK was in it!!!!!! I agree, Niamh Kavanagh ftw! Hey, she is a past pupil of my old school. Plus Angelina Ball (known as Paula Ball back then I believe).

Ah get out you trout with your Leanne Moore. Not a chance!

amdublin wrote: »
    Ah get out you trout with your Leanne Moore. Not a chance!

Ah dont be jealous now. When Lee comes on later, you wont hear me saying "jaysus his arse looks enormous in that" .. :-) On a serious note, Lee was VERY nervous last year on the LLS Eurosong 2009, and could be affected similarly tonight.

found them .. here are the songs in order:

Leanne Moore - Does Heaven Need Much More

Lee Bradshaw - River of silence

Mikey "Michael" Graham - Baby, nothing's wrong

Monica Ivkic - Fashion Queen

Niamh Kavanagh - It's For You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hope Bucks Fizz are gettin' a few bob for the Land of Make Believe chorus.

This is pure muck.

Not the next "Why me?" , but the lady has still got the skills.
    [/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

There was also a polish act which they all thought was brilliant( they came 2nd). The song writer was Polish the singer was polish, neither of them lived here they simply thought it was easier for them to qualify through Ireland. Im sorry i try not be racist but its the IRISH eurovision entry, (fine if your an immigrant and living here) but seriously, fúck off home! The audience erupted when they found out that they came 2nd not for the winner but for the fact that the foreigners didn win!
    They were Latvian not Polish.

I can already predict your reaction to the song by the Bosnian who lives in Austria which was written by a Belgian and an Austrian which will be performed tonight :P

Oooooooookay!!!!! So after having a listen to them all here are my thoughts predictions for tonight!

Leanne Moore - Does Heaven Need Much More
    Is it just me or is this a bit too cheesy 80's. Like I think ze germans like might it yah but personally I find it a bit simplistic and predictable. (And that's NOT jealous talking JonathanAnon! :))

I think this song is just "okay. After Lee's nerves last year I question if his performance can make it any better. I predict not (I also hope predict we get a crotch grab again this year :D eh I mean :eek:)

Mikey "Michael" Graham - Baby, nothing's wrong
    Meh. Baby, nothing's right either.

COMPLETE SH1TE!!!!!!
    Hurt my innards listening to this.

I like it.
    I like the irishy sound - the low (?) whistle interlude.
    But, it's a ballad. They used to work for us, but haven't for a long time.

I think this should win Eurosong. But will it win Eurovision for us? That I am not sure of.

Will any of the others win for us? Definitely not, that I am sure of.

There you go! See yall later for the fun and games and the annoying Mr Tubs.

I can already predict your reaction to the song by the Bosnian who lives in Austria which was written by a Belgian and an Austrian which will be performed tonight :P

and if you look at the lyrics, the song is about a French man who went to Russia and shagged a Belgian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

OK iv got free-sat great byeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I love the eurovision and the late late show eurosong. Abit sad but hey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

im gonna paint my spare room then when i finish im going to sit in that room and watch the paint on the walls dry....................

patwicklow wrote: »
    im gonna paint my spare room then when i finish im going to sit in that room and watch the paint on the walls dry....................

Lovely. What colour you doing?

amdublin wrote: »
    Lovely. What colour you doing?

hmmm... paint it something dull and uninteresting... have you tried Tubridy Grey?

tubridygrey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

hmmm... paint it something dull and uninteresting... have you tried Tubridy Grey?

+1. Paint it a drab neutral colour :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Anyone happen to know extension number for someone in Late Late production?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

tubridygrey.jpg

Despite the greyness

His cheesiness, smugness and fingererpointness makes me want to punch him to
    oblivion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Lollers wrote: »
    Despite the greyness

His cheesiness, smugness and fingererpointness makes me want to punch him to
    oblivion.

not to metion his poxy elbow patches, what a prat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tescoboat52

Is this really the best way to decide the Eurovision?

I dunno, but I like this way.

Yaaaaay Tubs is on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Well it's better than You're A Star...

• Advertisement

Dana pretending to be 16 again. Oh dear.

JEBUS!!!!!! She CANNOT sing!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Oh jesus Dana...clear your throat before a performance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

This just in...

beepbeep.ie website doesn't work...

http://www.beepbeep.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

*tunes in*

"... welcome Dana..."

*tunes back out*

Oh dear.

How the hell did that song win?? :confused:

I heard that tonight, after having Eddi Reader sing an Irish version of "Perfect" last week, The Prodigy will be on to perform "Bual Mo Bhean Suas" (Smack My Bitch Up) later. Could be just a rumour.

Anybody know if there are any real guests outside of the Eurovision people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buzzymam

*tunes in*

"... welcome Dana..."

*tunes back out*

Think Dana tuned out aswell. Yikes, me ears are hurting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

how many times has Dana sang that song in her life? you'd think she would be sick of it

Well that was a brutal opener.

And this is boring now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement