Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show - March 5th 2010

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Ive made enough cheese for everyone so just bring yourself and your J-LO cassette tapes!

Will do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Once again the LLS thread bats the show (and Tubridy) out of the park. Been fun guys.. g'night.

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Hey don't even worry about money! We're with Johnny!

He won the Eurovision three times don't you know. Twice singing and once for his writing skills. And he's big in Europe. He's minted for sure.

Johnny... <3

Of course duuh!:rolleyes: :D
    He's huge in Turkey dontyaknow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it's been quality. almost as quality as shyte studded jackets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Greentopia wrote: »
    Of course duuh!:rolleyes: :D
    He's huge in Turkey dontyaknow ;)

And Oslo, of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

See youse at the new venue tomorro' morning - 5am @ the airport - it's going to be gas craic!

Night all, yez are all mad :D

6am now remember all! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Greentopia wrote: »
    Aww ta am, I'm a laydee though, not a dude.

6am yeah? Don't leave without me ye bastids!
    Oh and don't forget to empty ye're bank accounts before ye go, a pint in Oslo is about 6 squid ;) But maybe JO-LO'll buy us a round when we all get there.

*goes off to pack*

no money needed, j-los voice is the only currency we'll need 'we're with Johnny'':D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pgil

so what are we gonna do with Niamh to get her in shape? ****n g ryan finished the damned show just when somebody actually needed it... :-(

This is beyond Weight Watchers if we are talking May !!! Its major liposuction.....hair cut.... and someone with a dress sense to get to her quick !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 streaky

spockety wrote: »
    loganair.JPG

This thread was already comedy gold....but this literally made me spray a mouthful of coffee almost as far as Olso. Funniest. Ever. :D

johnny.jpg

A bit worried that Johnny will collide with the Rome flight. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

streaky wrote: »
    A bit worried that Johnny will collide with the Rome flight. :(

Did you know Rome wasn't built in a day? Johnny pointed out earlier that Oslo was built in half a day.

The man is a fountain of knowledge on all things Oslo.

This thread was already comedy gold....but this literally made me spray a mouthful of coffee almost as far as Olso. Funniest. Ever. :D

if you spray coffee over my studded leather jacket there'll be thumps on the flight.
    feckit i'm so nervous now i can't sleep. i may as well go to the airport now. anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Un2.jpg

He shouldn't mind :pac:

Ah lads, we're f**ked. Like Johnny, I heard the Norway entry:

I'll be squeezing out my hanky for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Irlande nil pointe

spelt wrong but ya get the gist...

parasite wrote: »
    Un2.jpg

He shouldn't mind :pac:

See what parasite is doing here with his green marker? Trying to get us all to turn up 12 months late so it'll just be him and Johnny on the flight tomorrow. Lowlife.
    if you spray coffee over my studded leather jacket there'll be thumps on the flight. feckit i'm so nervous now i can't sleep. i may as well go to the airport now. anyone else?

I'm already in the departure lounge, ballsymchugh. There are around 1,500 of us here, all wearing J-Lo t-shirts. The atmosphere is a bit ugly, but there's plenty of security so hopefully there'll be no blood spilt. I'll finish my coffee before you arrive so I don't spray it on your studs, promise. Will I save you a seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

if you spray coffee over my studded leather jacket there'll be thumps on the flight.
    feckit i'm so nervous now i can't sleep. i may as well go to the airport now. anyone else?

Give me an hour and I'll be there. I just can't sleep.

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Give me an hour and I'll be there. I just can't sleep.

I'll save you a seat too, ohthebaby - I'm the one in the white satin suit with the green beading. See you soon.

I'll save you a seat too, ohthebaby - I'm the one in the white satin suit with the green beading. See you soon.

oi. she's mine!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭WicklowRover

We haven't a hope of winning the Eurovision. Niamh Kavanagh's song is at best, average.

She needs to lose some serious weight though - she looks like a walrus squeezed into a bin liner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I have to say I thought the whole thing was a ready up.
    We were presented with four absolute no-hoper songs and one decidedly average one. Not much to pick from.

The only thing going for the winner was about ten notes played once on a tin whistle. That made it so Irish the audience had to clap. Wop di doo. Did anyone else notice that Niamh's song was the only one that they showed the audience reaction? All set up from the word go imho.

If they were the best that Ireland could come up with for the televised national final then the rejected songs must have been really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Well I think all the panel were practically telling the voters to vote for the one that actually won it. And of course like sheep they all followed this advise.It would have been better not to have any one there, but what do I know? :confused: I thought the first song was actually good, but others think different. I hope that the wining song comes as low as possible on the night anyway:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I'm so happy, managed to get a quick pic of Johnny in Dublin airport this morning.

johnny_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

jimmyw wrote: »
    Well I think all the panel were practically telling the voters to vote for the one that actually won it.
    Well TBH it was a bit of a no-brainer really.
    I hope that the wining song comes as low as possible on the night anyway

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Anywho, how was everyone's flight? What's the weather like in Oslo?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

oslo-winter-morning-2.jpg

Dont think it will matter what the weather is like in Norway. Just looked up Sky News. I hope you're all happy.. :-(

loganair_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Durty Aul Wan

I hope that the wining song comes as low as possible on the night anyway:rolleyes:

If there was a Eurovision for Slagging, Knocking, Begrudgery and General Mean-Spiritness we'd win it every year. I'm convinced of that.

What a poxy dump.

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Anywho, how was everyone's flight? What's the weather like in Oslo?

The flight was grand Emma, thanks for asking, although some of us ended up in the hold because Johnny wanted the first 20 rows to himself - no problem, though, I understand that he needs his space.
    huffman_6Crowded_plane.jpg

Oslo's very nice, although we saw some odd sights from the bus window:
    moose-humping-a-statue.jpg

Happy to report that Johnny is HUGE in Olso, you should have seen the crowd that greeted him:
    huge-crowd.jpg

They really worship him, and you can tell how much he feels the love:
    JIM%20&%20JOHNNY%20LOGAN.jpg

johnnylogan.jpg
    johnny%20logan.jpg
    Johnny%20Logan.jpg

Makes you proud to be Irish:

222453.jpg

Or American, if you're from America:

johnny_logan.jpg

Back tomorrow:

takeoff-450.jpg

Talk then:

JohnnyLogan_165972t.jpg

• Advertisement

Dont think it will matter what the weather is like in Norway. Just looked up Sky News. I hope you're all happy.. :-(

loganair_3.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D WEEPIN' HERE!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

thanks for the update streaky! :D Love the use of picture messaging! Oh the technology!

JonathonAnon, absolutely excellent! :D:D:D

ah TITS. i slept in. i'm just after waking up after the sheer excitement made me pass out. i'd be fúcked if i met the man himself. mere mortals like me don't deserve to be in his presence.

ah durty aul wan, feck off!

Niamh Kavanagh was on with Mooney today. Says that the dress was her own choice, and she felt great in it but that she wont be wearing it at the Eurovision. It was more like something you would see in Moulin Rouge to be honest. She seems very confident about the song, as do a lot of the other contributors. I'm not mad on it, dont think it will do half as well as they expect.

They also did an edit of "Fashion Queen" along side "Candyman" and it's VERY similar. I'll try and pull it off the mooney podcast and upload it. There would have been some furore if it had been chosen.

Fashion Queen (Eurosong Ireland 2010 Entry) vs Candyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpYv_eoYzCc

(youtube links dont seem to be working at the moment)

Catríona McFadden and the Mooney Show editing team put the two songs alongside each other to see how similar they are..

Advertisement