Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

audio drop out

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

okay so everytime im finishing up a track my lappy seems to not be able to cope with everything and i keep getting audio drop outs.

ive done everything i can think off(changed the buffer settings.frred up space on my hard drive.froze some tracks.deleted unnecessary tracks in the project) but its still persisting.
    i think my specs are decent

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B01
    SMC Version: 1.12f5
    Serial Number: W87040MHX6B
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

so is there any other tricks i can do to try and prevent this.the track only has 21 channels(13 audio,8 midi)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

are you using an audio interface at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Could you not bounce it down in protions to say 3 audio files with 7 tracks on each and then open a new file to bring these three together? Its messy but if all you're looking to do is export a track it should work and if it doesn't then it isn't a processing problem AFAIK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Sean, you'll inevitably get drop outs. There's only so many plugins and effects that can run at once on a single machine. You're better to burn down tracks you've made, instead of running too much at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

stop watching redtube while making music!!

your specs are fine, i reckon there's just one or two dodgy plugins acting the maggot eating up the cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

eeloe wrote: »
    are you using an audio interface at all?
    yep,rme multiface

• Advertisement

krd wrote: »
    Sean, you'll inevitably get drop outs. There's only so many plugins and effects that can run at once on a single machine. You're better to burn down tracks you've made, instead of running too much at once.
    yeah i know this is an option but i havent commited myself to the synth parts just yet and as im trying to playback the track to adjust it keeps cutting out.

i guess ill just have to bounce em down for now and save it as a new project

jtsuited wrote: »
    stop watching redtube while making music!!

your specs are fine, i reckon there's just one or two dodgy plugins acting the maggot eating up the cpu.

pppffffffttttttt,impossible.
    you know i have to have redtube constantly streaming just incase the urge gets to great.
    surely there must be some sort of way to run them both.

but yeah its doing my head in trying to mixdown with it stopping and starting.
    Guess my crystal swing remix will have to wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

If you're still getting it after setting your buffersize to something huge then there must be some other problem than just too much CPU usage. Or else theres a dodgy plugin thats crippling it. Probably a reverb plugin, always the feckin the reverb plugins...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dinite

RME Multiface - Could be firewire bandwith problems... Run dpc latency checker

Advertisement