Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Youghal Triathlon 4 Sept 2010

• 05-03-2010 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

This is up on Runireland.com:

http://www.runireland.com/events/2010-07-17/youghal-triathlon

However, there doesn't seem to be anything updated for 2010 on the official website. Is this going ahead? Has any one entered for this? It says entry opened on march 1st but can't see how to enter. Thinking of making this my first foray into the dark world of triathlon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'm referring the youghal triathlon on 4th September?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Thanks...i see that actually now on the TI Website calendar, on 4th September and entry opening 1st May. I'm assuming thats semi officail then since you're booked as a referee.

Could you edit the title on the thread so I don't mislead people?

4th September gives me a lot more time to find a bike and a place to swim.

Are you buying a bike or looking to borrow one? WHere are you based. I'll go swimming with you if you want some practise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

I'm hoping to do this one as well.

I had planned to do it last year but ended up having to go to the christening of my nephew instead... There's some things you just can't get out of :D

I'm hoping to do this one as well.

I had planned to do it last year but ended up having to go to the christening of my nephew instead... There's some things you just can't get out of :D

lol, don't book anything yet though. Someone having a baby in time for a september christening wouldn't have announced their pregnancy yet :-)

• Advertisement

lol, don't book anything yet though. Someone having a baby in time for a september christening wouldn't have announced their pregnancy yet :-)

Never thought of that....

Okay a last minute entry I will be :)

Now I must practice my swimming too!!

Are you buying a bike or looking to borrow one? WHere are you based. I'll go swimming with you if you want some practise.

Based in Cork but going to concentrate on marathons until June and then start thinking about swimming & cycling.

Would training on a MTB and then borrowing a racer for the race be a bad idea? Wouldn't have a similar effect to doing running training in heavy kayanos and then racing in flats???

I did my first triathlon on a borrowed road bike. The owner had kindly put flat pedals on for me so it was perfect.

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Based in Cork but going to concentrate on marathons until June and then start thinking about swimming & cycling.

Would training on a MTB and then borrowing a racer for the race be a bad idea? Wouldn't have a similar effect to doing running training in heavy kayanos and then racing in flats???

Main thing I can see would be the pedals... if the pedals are clip in these would need a bit of practice..

You wouldn't want to fall off trying to get out of the clips on your way into transition at zero miles an hour with everyone watching :-) :D

Are you still doing the refereeing for this HM? How many drafts am I allowed before a warning? :D

Any other boardsies doing this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement