Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricky Gervais Podcasts

Options
  • 05-03-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

I love all these but one thing bugs me...

Steve Merchant does provide some humour here and there to the episodes but does anyone else think that his laugh is so put on / forced?? Its like hes just trying his damnest to fit in / be one of the guys and laugh along with Ricky when Karl says something funny.

Other than that I'd do anything to have a chat with these guys for a few hours over a few drinks...brilliant!

Karl = Legend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

I don't find Steves laugh is forced, just never noticed it! They do repeat alot of stories so maybe he has to force it. But i do think he's stories are made up! For example the incident on the beach or him asking the guy to watch him swimming! Steve is deffo the brains in the Merchant/Gervais relationship though!

And yes Karl is a legend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Karl's brilliant. Don't really like the other two at all, but as a whole I enjoy the podcasts.

I recommend trying to get podcasts of the old Russell Brand radio shows. Him and Matt Morgan together are hilarious. Much better in my book that the Gervais ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I have every XFM show, every Ricky Gervais podcast, every "Guide To podcast" and every concieveable extra. Ricky and Karl absolutely crack me up but the more I listen so Smerch the more I hate him, however he is essential to the shows and without him they wouldnt be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Have to disagree lads........merchant is very funny and has some quality one liners.
    His show on 6fm is quality as well.
    The podcasts wouldn't work if any of them were missing!!

Advertisement