Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUST GOT GAME FOR PC, Cannot connect to multiplayer :(

Options
  • 05-03-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So i spended an hour with instalation and getting damn EA account up, and now i cant connect to multiplayer... Are servers down or something?!

Got auto updated with punkbuster, downloaded it from website...

really annoying lads :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i can log in, no problem, then searching for servers.

then it says: check your internet connection!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi lads, ive been playing since Wednesday, there are ongoing connection issues.
    Various problems form not seeing servers,cant connect, kicked from server etc.
    They say they are working on a fix.

See this thread on the EA forums, some input from DICE on thread.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/925089-kick-connect.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

ShadowHearth I had the same problems but since yesterday it's been running pretty well for me.

Can you check that you have the latest patch downloaded by running the BC2updater.exe file please?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

yeah i cant play multiplayer either, updater claims i dont have the correct version of Directx installed. So i have been trying to figure out how to fix this, no solution as of yet. (have direct x 11 installed)

screw2loose, that's the first time I've heard of that error !

Can you tell us what the exact error message was please?

• Advertisement

yeah i cant play multiplayer either, updater claims i dont have the correct version of Directx installed. So i have been trying to figure out how to fix this, no solution as of yet. (have direct x 11 installed)

Can you force the directx setting in settings.ini from auto to 9 and try again ?

DxVersion=auto to DxVersion=9

right, i got game updated to current version.. i think. used that updatebdbc2.exe

i go to refresh server list and it takes AGES! then sometimes, only sometimes, it gives me a list of servers, but no pings!

i cant connect to any, then when i tryed connect to one of server it just closed game!! WTF?!

going to MW2, untill they fix this ****...

right, i got game updated to current version.. i think. used that updatebdbc2.exe

i go to refresh server list and it takes AGES! then sometimes, only sometimes, it gives me a list of servers, but no pings!

Cancel the first server refresh. Then choose some filters to lower the amount of servers you want to search for; then press the 'full refresh' button.

Servers with no pings are ones that took too long to reply. This is most likely a EA network problem but if you have a modem and router it's worth plugging the PC directly into the modem to see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have to say the Direct X error is a new one on me too.......but there are little niggly issues. Have not had them myself, just pre loaded and launched last night after steam was down for about an hour and was up till 4am...and only got to rank 3.....

CRACKING GAME AND WORTH THE HASSLE TBH>:p

Ponster wrote: »
    Cancel the first server refresh. Then choose some filters to lower the amount of servers you want to search for; then press the 'full refresh' button.

Servers with no pings are ones that took too long to reply. This is most likely a EA network problem but if you have a modem and router it's worth plugging the PC directly into the modem to see if that helps.

cheers for tip bud. i get servers now, but not eve one ever has ping on it... and it does not let me to connect to any...

i got prety steady 6mbit connection atm ( checked). so i really doubt its mine connection problem... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have to run the game as Admin to see pings.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have to run the game as Admin to see pings.

Yeah, I forgot that one :)

Run it as admin as opposed to logging into OS with admin account.

From DiCE :
    When a server doesnt return a ping it means it exceeded the timout limit on the server. This isn't a bug but more the fact the result wasnt returned in time to show you what it was at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

i cant connect to any, then when i tryed connect to one of server it just closed game!! WTF?!

going to MW2, untill they fix this ****...

Welcome to Battlefield. BF2 did this crap for ages as well. Don't worry though once you get in game its all worthwhile :D

right, thx again for admin thingy, i can see servers and pings, but yet again i cant join any server:

Connection to the game server is lost. PLZ check your network and try again....

/facepalm...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well what can also help is...instead of clicking on the play now button. Just hit the server tab and then refresh. Click the lowest ping and highlight with one click....then hit the arrow off to the right and it will load up.

Try that.

okay, now it just started to closing game alltogether... i press on arrow, join to server, it says: wait, then just closes the game and drops me in to windows...

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

thought i had my issues fixed but i didnt :(

i keep crashing to desktop every time i try connect to a server

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

the exact error is, "the Installed DirectX version is not supported, please update to the newest version of DirectX"

i have looked for the settings.ini file to edit it but couldn't find it, mite try and reinstall the game, fingers crossed that will work. Kinda getting frustrated not being able to play online!

EDIT: found the file and changed the DirectX to 9, no luck! also tried 10 and 11. still nothing!

the exact error is, "the Installed DirectX version is not supported, please update to the newest version of DirectX"

i have looked for the settings.ini file to edit it but couldn't find it, mite try and reinstall the game, fingers crossed that will work. Kinda getting frustrated not being able to play online!
    +

tell me about it... going to try it again...

okay, same ****, just tryingto join server, and game just crashes in to desktop...

i knew EA was allways ****, but this is the new level for them! Selling the game with so much hype for multiplayer, and the damn thing is not even working..... ah...irony...

• Advertisement

I get a "cannot connect to ea online" message now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

steve_ wrote: »
    I get a "cannot connect to ea online" message now.

Same here.Doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Same here.Doing my head in.

same here! pain in the ass! i updated the game and got into a server a couple of hours ago, then i go to play it now and it can't connect to ea online!

This is so stupid!!

Hopefully this is sorted soon, cause the brief time i was online was just great. Also if you commit suicide its comes up on the screen saying epic fail. thought that was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Lol I am literally having all the same problems as you guys... I was getting the DirectX error last nigght then I switched machines and that error went away, then all day today im stuck with cannot connect to server etc etc etc... Now I cant log into ea, I reckon(hope) the reason is becuase they are trying to implement what ever code they have changed so that they can fix the problem... But man I am so pissed off cus a friday is like the only day I get to play games :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It wont even let me log in,piece of *****,I feel your pain shadow.

Evd-Burner....now there's a nick I haven't seen in here in a long time... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Yeah looks like their server is down, must have sold more copies than they had hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

It wont even let me log in,piece of *****,I feel your pain shadow.

same here.thankfully though it worked for me for the first time about an hour before that. got the same connection fail before i could even start a game but i turned the firewall off on the modem (eircom 192.168.1.254)and turned off avg. first time it worked for me on beta or full!!! now it doesn't though. i'm guessing ea are snowed under and in meltdown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Charc0

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/933150-updates-servers-now-soon.html

I posted on the other thread but here is the link. They are bringing more account/stats servers online so that might be why they are down, for the transition. And we are getting a patch tomorrow and another soon after that. According to the link anyways.

Advertisement