Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUST GOT GAME FOR PC, Cannot connect to multiplayer :(

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ah thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Initially I was able to login briefly then got disconnected. Next try got me to the T&C which I accepted then got disconnected again. Furthest I got was putting in my disc key.

Now I get just get as far as the login screen then get 'unable to login please try again'

Are others having this type of problem? At this stage I don't know if it's an EA problem or more with me (firewall or router) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Hows it going posnter, long time now see :)... Gonna get meself back on the scene for BC2, that is when the game starts bloody working... Im just gonna have to wait for a few days for a proper fix :P...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

bifl wrote: »
    Are others having this type of problem? At this stage I don't know if it's an EA problem or more with me (firewall or router) :mad:

Everyone has the same problem :)
    Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Hows it going posnter, long time now see :)...

Over 2 years I'd say. Looking at some of the posters in here today takes me back about 4 years :)

strange aint it, so you must have your degree and all by now... I have this semester and next year to go before I have a degree in games developement... Then I might wrecking a few ea releases of my own...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

strange aint it, so you must have your degree and all by now... I have this semester and next year to go before I have a degree in games developement... Then I might wrecking a few ea releases of my own...

no ****ing use to us now is it? Why ahvent you got your EA master server engineer badge :D

Degree? Jesus I had forgotten about that what with getting married and all that ;)

ah ur having a laugh, ur married? Man everyone is all grown up...

lol ill have my engineering badge soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I have this semester and next year to go before I have a degree in games developement...

Sorry to stray off topic but what course are you doing and where :D

Honours Degree in computing in Game Developement in dundalk institute of technology... Its damn hard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

more on the coding side of things is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Having trouble getting into the multiplayer games... wtf!

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Having trouble getting into the multiplayer games... wtf!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846973

coding, desgin and graphics... and a whole load of maths...

coding, desgin and graphics... and a whole load of maths...

geometry is the most important part of any level design.

there i posted something useful :)

Ponster wrote: »

Thanks didnt spot that,

Not sure what my EA name is for this but ill add it to the sticky list of names when i find out..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well back from work, and now i cant even log in into EA account... sweet!

bull**** lads :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

I had problems connecting to servers and the like. I set my router firewall to "Low" worked fine after that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tis all fine and dandy now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

still not working, even after that maintance....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

im having no joy either , getting the connection problem on muiltplayer too

same here, im really starting to get pissed off, im honest to god thinking about just getting my money back at this stage...

Its working for me now, cant seem to see anyone on the irish erver though!

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Its working for me now, cant seem to see anyone on the irish erver though!

i just left the TIG server , good few on it

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I can connect to servers with the Play now button..... but when I do ... its a lag fest and eventually get disconnected

I still cant do anything... Im begining to wonder is steam updating the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

OK step back and breath. Look at the different reasons this might happen.

1 Is it a firewall issue. This is a possibility so do check it.

2 Did you have the Beta installed? If so then you need to uninstall it for the game to work well.

Go into your game folder, right click BFBC2Game.exe and check the version. Mine is showing 1.0.1.0.

You can also right click on the game in Steam menu and check that you have the day one patch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

24 hours after getting the game I have gotten over a punkbuster connectivity problem (that was kicking me out just as i joined a game). Now I'm back to losing the EA online connection either while updating stats or after just a few minutes in an online game.

Tempted at this stage to boot up the PS3 and forget about this for a week :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm not able to connect either. Takes about 5 minutes to refresh the server list, the i keep getting 'cannot connect to EA server'.

• Advertisement

lol fairy right ive done everything that u said to do... Same version etc etc... Now I dont get the error but it still doesnt connect to anything :(, man I just wanna shoot people :D

Advertisement