Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUST GOT GAME FOR PC, Cannot connect to multiplayer :(

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dammit got kicked off , cant log back in.

had loads of dog tags from that round :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

Operation flashpoint: dragon rising had exactly the same problem, you could set up an account but when it came to connecting to multiplayer it would hang and tell you there was a problem with the connection.

The solution is to take the game outside and light a fire and throw it on, makes you feel a whole lot better. I'll never buy another game from codemasters and it looks like I'm not going to be buying any games from EA in the forseeable future either. Bunch of good for nothing **** rushing out a game before it's ready :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I just got disconnected from a game, logged back in to my EA account; now it's asking me to re-enter my serial number... wtf?
    bifl wrote: »
    24 hours after getting the game I have gotten over a punkbuster connectivity problem (that was kicking me out just as i joined a game). Now I'm back to losing the EA online connection either while updating stats or after just a few minutes in an online game.

Should it be obvious if punkbuster is responsible for connectivity issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Had the same issue - asked for serial number, gave it, says its already in use (which it is, by me), now I cant access the server at all. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

this is getting beyond a joke, like it works then it doesnt, on off on off. I wouldnt mind if they just shut down for a day or so to fully fix the issue but giving us this crap is a waste of time.

i was playing fine for ages, now im getting PB INIT FAILURE and cant stay on a server for more then about 10 seconds, i dont know if this is something to do with them or me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

hey guys i was getting the same problems as you. heres how i fixed my problems
    go to
    http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bc2.php
    run the PBSetup
    and add
    battlefield 2 bad company check for udates then locate battlefield 2 bad company folder and run the game as administrator
    thats what got it working for me hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Tried updating PB ... didnt work for me.

It should all be sorted during the week I reckon.... when all the EA / Dice / Steam staff are actually in work !

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Tried updating PB ... didnt work for me.

It should all be sorted during the week I reckon.... when all the EA / Dice / Steam staff are actually in work !

tis intermittent, TIG server is still going.

only thing i can think off is EA massivley under estimated the PC market.

We out playing the 2 consoles combined :eek:

Which in fairness can be understanded.

only problem i have with BC2 is the complete and utter lack of DEN DEN DEN!!!

srsly its a BF game it needs DEN DEN DEN!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Having the same probs with punkbuster--Init error 10 seconds into every game I try and play...this is doing my head in!!!!

Have the game since Friday and have only managed 4 full rounds since.

Anyone esle had this problem??Anyone got a fix??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It may not help but new BC2 client for PB released this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

have the game since friday have yet to play a single second of multiplayer!!! im getting the same connection problem as everyone else. some dose!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ponster wrote: »
    It may not help but new BC2 client for PB released this morning.

Tried updating manually but nothing.Tig server is fine so maybe its a server side issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Strangely im having the pb error now and getting kicked 10 seconds into a game.
    pb is fully updated etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Yeh same here for me.
    From what i can gather, it is a server side issue. There is a lot of server operators still haven't updated their pb client, and it is kicking players, because the server pb client doesn't recognise updated player pb client

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Yeh same here for me.
    From what i can gather, it is a server side issue. There is a lot of server operators still haven't updated their pb client, and it is kicking players, because the server pb client doesn't recognise updated player pb client

I read something along the same lines as that this morning. Makes sense. Some servers are working fine for me, and others keep kicking me.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Will speak to our hosting company now and update here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Have not had a single problem with connection or crashes yet, strange :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

When will they stop using the heap of **** software FAILWARE called PunkBuster, as far as I can see we are the ones getting punked by them, with their ****e fooking software that NEVER fooking works in the first place.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Will speak to our hosting company now and update here.

I was able to join tig but no other servers so im assuming it aint the seerver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Still getting kicked from a lot of servers, although i found one server that seems to have fixed the pb problem, pity the ping is ~150. Also i noticed punkbuster website is really slow, very slow to download anything from it at them moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Incredible how they can make such a complete cock up of the server management.

Was able to play fine on friday and yesterday, but today its just constent pb_init errors. Updated from the evenbalance site but that didn't help.

All I want to do is shoot people :(

Im out now guess its someone elses turn to play :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Aye, just lost connection there too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

yeah i just got disconnected, failed to connect stuff again

Its gone mad this afternoon, constant disconnects, pb errors, now i cant login to my account, when i did manage to do so all stats and unlocks are gone, cant login in now at all and its telling me to enter my code :mad:

back in now

PB kicks on tig server :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

looks like pb may have updated.

trying to dl PBsetup but it's taking a lifetime.

karma_ wrote: »

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/pbsetup.zip

doesnt matter says the game is uptodate

karma_ wrote: »

Yup--Tig servers kicking with the Pb_Init error now.Hasnt been doing it all day.Mines up to date aswell.

Karma(or anyone else for that matter)-want me to email the pbsetup to you?Its only 716kb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

PB ****ing **** again. God I hate that software.

Advertisement