Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUST GOT GAME FOR PC, Cannot connect to multiplayer :(

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I bought the game in Xtravision, and was only able to play a bit Saturday.

Ive followed all the threads here and elsewhere, updated PB and used the tips and tricks for FPS etc. No joy today yet.

What are you all trying?
    1. Server Browser says all games are full when it shows they arent. (I am filtering as well)
    2. Play now just takes ages and hangs
    3. Is there no way to add a favorite server yet? I couldnt see how to find TIG.

Im on Imagine BB...

any suggestions or is it just suck and see for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

yankinlk wrote: »
    I bought the game in Xtravision, and was only able to play a bit Saturday.

Ive followed all the threads here and elsewhere, updated PB and used the tips and tricks for FPS etc. No joy today yet.

What are you all trying?
    1. Server Browser says all games are full when it shows they arent. (I am filtering as well)
    2. Play now just takes ages and hangs
    3. Is there no way to add a favorite server yet? I couldnt see how to find TIG.

Im on Imagine BB...

any suggestions or is it just suck and see for a while?

Same is happening me, being playing the single player instead which is pretty good all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Karma(or anyone else for that matter)-want me to email the pbsetup to you?Its only 716kb.

PM me your address if you still need it

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Still no improvment over the weekend (going backward in some ways with the odd pb_init error). Keep losing the connection to the EA servers. As on Sat today the best I get is 5 mins on in a game before the EA connection drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

PBsetup file if anyone needs it

http://www.mediafire.com/?iznt5ituolo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well, sunday evening, thought they will have sorted atleast something... no joy...

even tryed to join r% servers, and its same ****...

i am seriuosly thinking of refund... its a shame i bought it at local gamestop, the lads are there sound as hell. really dont whant to be a dick to them and come over, make a noise and get refund... :(

Try this:
    When you are in server browser, cancel the search/refresh thingy, and type R5 into the search box and you should get a list of servers that hopefully wont kick you.
    It worked for me for a bit until i got disconnected from ea online, and somehow wont log back in (heh going from one problem to another, and i thought IWNET was a travesty..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Just logged in hit the play now... waited for about 5mins... played about 3mins then game returned to main menu asking for my CD key... entered my key... stats reset ??? PB still kicking... cant log in... WTF was the point in doing a beta ??? oh yea to get more money.

well, sunday evening, thought they will have sorted atleast something... no joy...

even tryed to join r% servers, and its same ****...

i am seriuosly thinking of refund... its a shame i bought it at local gamestop, the lads are there sound as hell. really dont whant to be a dick to them and come over, make a noise and get refund... :(

Don't bother. Save the receipt and see what happens in a month. If not sorted by then you can join the many class actions lawsuits that will be launched.

Saw this on another forum

ICE.jpg

• Advertisement

Saw this on another forum

epic m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

lol @ the pic.

FWIW I tried 4 different Betafield.eu servers there and got PB_INIT kicks from all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

any one have any joy getting on today ? any updates???

Managed to get onto the TIG server last night for a few rounds. Meh. So far its not very good. It was constant tank and sniper spawn camping. Round is over in 4 minutes. Pure rubbish.

I think it may go on the shelf after SP mode is complete - maybe bring it out again in a few months. Im amazed at the very little amount of activity on this site. I guess no one is really playing it yet?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm amazed at the very little amount of activity on this site. I guess no one is really playing it yet?

???

I'm amazed at how popular it is on Boards actually (remember that this is just for BC2 PC, the Xbox 360 and PS3 have their own forums/threads).

So far there are 32 Boards.ie member listed in the BC2 Names sticky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Managed to get onto the TIG server last night for a few rounds. Meh. So far its not very good. It was constant tank and sniper spawn camping. Round is over in 4 minutes. Pure rubbish.

Depends on the map I suspect. Something like the Atacama desert, which I'm beginning to greatly dislike, plays very different from White Valley. Some of the fighting around the factory/warehouse thingy place there can turn into a nicely chaotic meat grinder.

well its monday, nothing changed... honestly, its the last EA game i buy on release date....

thought i did mistake, i said i will newer ever buy any game from EA after spore....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Macker1

After serveral attempts to get on with getting The PB init kick message I finally managed to get a couple of hours playing last night. I have to say I have a very mixed opinion of the game at the moment. I can be very enjoyable at times if playing a good map but I do have a pain in the arse spawning in and dying quite suddenly.

Hopefully the issues will be resolved so that players can get a good run at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Macker1 wrote: »
    After serveral attempts to get on with getting The PB init kick message I finally managed to get a couple of hours playing last night. I have to say I have a very mixed opinion of the game at the moment. I can be very enjoyable at times if playing a good map but I do have a pain in the arse spawning in and dying quite suddenly.

Hopefully the issues will be resolved so that players can get a good run at the game.

Well dont spawn on a player in the middle of a can of WHOOP ass firefight....!!!

You can select where you want to spawn, and with all you squad members alive you have the choice of 5 spawn points...incld the home base. I usually click on the player and watch him for a sec or so, if he surround by enemies direct at him I wont spawn. If the enemy just around the corner I spawn with the advantage of knowing where they are and what direction and try to flank......

Anyone who plays this game and does not join a squad is just plain CRAAAAZZZYYYYYYY :rolleyes:

is it just me or can anyone else that was having trouble with multiplayer still cant get on for a game???

• Advertisement

No improvment, I still get into a game initally then lose the connection to the EA servers in less than 5 minutes. After that it's always the same can login but then it stays on updating stats. If I give it an hour I can get back in for my 5 minutes again :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

bifl wrote: »
    No improvment, I still get into a game initally then lose the connection to the EA servers in less than 5 minutes. After that it's always the same can login but then it stays on updating stats. If I give it an hour I can get back in for my 5 minutes again :rolleyes:

Updated your PunkBuster and made sure the services are working?

Spear wrote: »
    Updated your PunkBuster and made sure the services are working?

Yep no punkbuster warnings. I have manually updated the three files into the BFBC2 folders. The PnkBstrA file is running in services.

Running games as Admin with firewall off and still no joy. Next thing is to see if my router might be the cause (open ports etc) and see if that helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

bifl wrote: »
    Yep no punkbuster warnings. I have manually updated the three files into the BFBC2 folders. The PnkBstrA file is running in services.

Running games as Admin with firewall off and still no joy. Next thing is to see if my router might be the cause (open ports etc) and see if that helps.

if your with eircom, then it's the router firewall, log into it and shut it off.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

karma_ wrote: »
    if your with eircom, then it's the router firewall, log into it and shut it off.

100% correct.

Ive only had one disconnect since I turned the eircom firewall off.Just running with the windows firewall and the game is so much more stable.Connects every time and the browser updates in seconds not minutes like before.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Those Eircom Netopia yokes are seriously inflexible and hard to use. Go and get yerselves a decent Netgear DG834 Modem/Router. So much easier to use and manage.

Lads... its working... and now i gtg to work... irony....

i did feck all, it means they did something to fix it, thats about time, see you tonight for some gun to gun action!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lads... its working... and now i gtg to work... irony....

i did feck all, it means they did something to fix it, thats about time, see you tonight for some gun to gun action!

only tonight it'll all go balls up again :pac:

Turned off the eircom firewall and it worked , the lag is so bad its like im doing the robot from 1984. i can only get on some servers but its better then nothing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

**** sake, game works perfectly for me last night, but now i cant connect to anything. Takes about 5 minutes to even try and refresh my server listings, and then i get 'cant connect to the EA server'. Same thing when trying to connect to the TiG server.

They really need to sort this **** out.

Advertisement