Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload speeds for my area

• 05-03-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I live just outside of Clonee. I have the 7mb Eircom package. The customer support it crap but the service itself is very reliable and fast...apart from the upload.

I have a new gaming blog that I want to stream my gaming from. Problem is, my upload needs to be at around 1.5mb/s, which is falls way short from.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/737912809.png

I tried sending them a e-mail asking if they are going up upgrade there services, especially for the uploads in the next few months, but the e-mail cant send because they are busy (?).

I would really hate to change isp. Ntl broadband and ice broadband are setting up in my area (even ice broadband has 3mb download 1mb upload!).

If anyone knows if they are updating there services at all It would be great to find out. I can wait a month or two, rather then trying to change provider. Since I cant e-mail them and i dare not phone, someone here might know if they have some cycle or if its worth me changing at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Honsou.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ADSL is at the limit of what it can do right now, so there will not be any more upgrades on the 7Mbps package. Upgrading to ADSL2+ (the 24Mbps service) is the only hope, but this depends on availability. The upload with ADSL2+ will not be 1.5Mbps though.

Streaming a constant 1.5Mbps up may well be against the terms of a lot of ISPs too, so even if you were able to, you might find you get kicked off for doing it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you want to host games or anything to that affect your best bet is to actually rent a deadicated server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

jor el wrote: »
    ADSL is at the limit of what it can do right now, so there will not be any more upgrades on the 7Mbps package. Upgrading to ADSL2+ (the 24Mbps service) is the only hope, but this depends on availability. The upload with ADSL2+ will not be 1.5Mbps though.

Streaming a constant 1.5Mbps up may well be against the terms of a lot of ISPs too, so even if you were able to, you might find you get kicked off for doing it.

Actually you can get up to 2Mb/sec upload on some of the Eircom business ADSL2+ packages

Advertisement