Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning for people ordering from Pixmania who want to get what they pay for.

Options
  • 05-03-2010 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I ordered a Dell Inspiron 1545 online at Pixmania last month, and received the wrong item a week later. The Dell they sent me was an inspiron but did not have an integrated webcam which was clearly stated on the advertisement and something I specifically needed. I called up and got a returns number for collection then waited another 2 weeks before my replacement arrived today. EXACT same thing, Dell minus webcam = not what I ordered and paid nearly €500 for.

I can accept a simple mistake being made once, but twice is infuriating at best and incompetent at worst. Surely the benefit of buying online should be simplicity…. but Pixmania have managed to turn a simple purchase into a month long debacle of delays and errors.

I am now not convinced they even have the correct Dell with integrated camera in stock. Perhaps they have a policy to ship inferior laptops in the hope some customers just accept them when it becomes too difficult to resolve. While my money is in their pocket I am left without a laptop to work on, and no idea how to get this resolved.

Has anyone else had trouble with Pixmania ? Any ideas on how to actually get what I paid for ? Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm sorry about your difficulty with Pixmania but in fariness to the title you put on this thread I have to say i have bought 4 cameras and 2 Laptopn over the past 3 years from Pixmania and I never had any problem whatsoever. Delivery was speedy and everything perfect.
    Again, sorry you have a problem but I felt in the interest of balance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RUSerious?

Hi Srameen,

That's good to hear. I have never used Pixmania before and my first experience has really put me off. But I am glad you found them to be good. I am waiting to hear back from customer services, so let's cross fingers they can resolve my issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you search this forum for pixmania you will find that you are by no means alone in your experience. Customer service are generally pretty useless. I found I had to get a direct email address for someone in a more managerial role before my problem was sorted.I was waiting 14 weeks for a refund for something that had never arrived at that stage.You really need to keep after them and if you seem to be getting the brush off from customer services that's probably because you are. Escalate your complaint in that instance.If you want the email address I used to sort my issue you can PM me.
    Here's one thread with complaints about Pixmania.If you look through you might find some direct email addresses in there too.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846559&page=12

Pixmania are fine if you purchase arrives in one piece as described.If it doesn't you can generally expect months of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm sorry about your difficulty with Pixmania but in fariness to the title you put on this thread I have to say i have bought 4 cameras and 2 Laptopn over the past 3 years from Pixmania and I never had any problem whatsoever. Delivery was speedy and everything perfect.
    Again, sorry you have a problem but I felt in the interest of balance...

lucky you!

I, like the OP, have suffered the awful customer treatment that only PoxyMania can offer.
    My advice is don't wait for them to contact you, ring them every day and take note of the name of the person you talk to and the conversation in detail.
    Keep doing this and become more threatening (in a civil way, not abusive or violent!) as each call progresses.
    You will eventually get what you want and at the end of it all I hope you have learned a valuable lesson...like I have.

good luck and say Hi to those lovely customer rep people in Romania for me:rolleyes:

Advertisement