Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DECKING

• 05-03-2010 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

was just wondering if anyone could help with ideas i would love to get decking done in my back garden i have heard its quite expensive so my dad said he would put it down for me he said you can get something called a deck in a day or something like that was just wonderin has anyone used this or does anyone have any ideas of where to buy it or would it be a cheaper option to buy all the bits seperatly rather than in this kind of a pack thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

We bought pressurised timber from Pierce Fencing and my husband laid it and put up the railings, he's a carpenter so it only cost us the price of the timber.

There are different types and grades of timber so it depends on the quality you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

We got our decking timber from pierce fencing too, we got a good deal for it, my boyfriend is a carpenter and built it so we saved on those costs though! It cost about 800 for the timber, I havent heard about deck in a day, google it,im sure you will get some reviews on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,684 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think i have seen ads for the deck in a day. You put it down with approx 2 foot square panels on a framework. It didn't look like amazing quality to me, I think you would be better to buy treated timber, but it depends on whether your dad wants the extra work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

any the local builders providers have the 12ft lengths haggle a deal on how much ya need 6 planks will do 4 square yards should be able to knock them down to a tenner a plank.

Advertisement