Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best spots in lk for a night out?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

hey everyone im a student in ul, not from limerick, and have started staying down a bit more on weekends. Have read/heard alot of things about nights out in limerick and just wanted to get a few opinions on the best spots to head to for "craic agus ceoil" so to speak...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

pubs wise, if your into the irish music dolans is good fun with trad secessions. a more modern vibe would be smyths, live bands always play there..if its cocktails u like then the old quarter or charlies are good, i was in cornmarket a few weeks back and really enjoyed it, nice atmosphere and do great miller. also micky martins on thomas st is a good alternative, wacky glasses and different beer is always a nice change!

clubs theres trinity rooms, more of a younger crowd but deffinately worth a visit if u havnt been, icon is good crack beside smyths but be aware of tuesday nights, place is dangerously full and can get a bit clostraphobic!
    theres also mollys which is a disco bar and can be quite good if u dont plan on spending money on a club
    my personal favourite is angel lane, its the newest club in limerick and has loads of different floors and smoking areas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dragonheart

dave 27 wrote: »
    my personal favourite is angel lane, its the newest club in limerick and has loads of different floors and smoking areas!
    have heard this referred to as angel lame...any particular reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

The market without the carpet, It's actually not a bad club was in there a small while back with the lads, had a great night. Like every place it depends on who you're out with and whether they're up for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I heard it being called Anal Pain.:D (it's not a gay club before you ask)

It's a very swanky layout. Three floors, nice smoking area with a bar up top. All in all it is a nice club. Same kind of crowd that would be going into the Icon and Smiths.

It's not really my scene, I'm more into the alternative places like The Wicked Chicken and Dolan's Warehouse. Give me a smellier dirtier club where there is great music, a sound crowd and you are not interrogated by a bouncer going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

This refers to an old legend about the place. It's rumoured that an angel of god visited the place in the middle of the night while the place was still the market WITH the carpet. her heavenly hoof became stuck to the gooey carpet at the top of the stairs and she proceeded to tumble down the stairs with such a clatter, leaving her permanently injured in one leg.
    and thus, Angel Lame was born. When the sign-writers arrived, they misread the instructions, and spelled it "angel lane". There being a recession meant they could not afford to change the sign, and since then it has remained.

Nowhere has really opened up in Limerick since the last few threads, apart from Cocoon. Its a gay bar, might not be for you, or might be right up your alley. Excuse the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thomondlad banned for being a rereg of voiceofthepple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

to be honest op you would need to say what type of scene you like when your out cos theres loads of different places for different types of people..oh and every club has nick names in Limerick! so dont be put off by them!

as a limerickman i have to say sample the different clubs around, theres not any one that is absolute crap, all of them have their uniqueness to them,

angel lane associated with people being lost in the endless amount of rooms

icon associated with good 80/90s music in the downstairs floor

trinity rooms associated with good high quality djs

the sin bin associated with the older crowd

the lodge associated with ul people!

here are a few of the clubs websites so you get an idea on what they look like, if u need to know about different types of pubs just ask!

angel lane homepage
    http://www.angellane.ie/top.htm

icon homepage
    http://www.iconniteclub.com/

trinity rooms home page
    http://www.trinityrooms.ie/

sin bin
    http://www.peterclohessy.ie/The-Sin-Bin.aspx

the lodge
    http://twitter.com/LodgeNiteclub

Advertisement