Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brands have you smoked throughout the years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

joolsveer wrote: »
    Sweet Afton, Players Navy Cut, Woodbines, Carrolls, Major.

Jayz , I don't think Marlboro Lights or Silk Cut will ever be on your list :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Carrolls, Benson, Marlboro in order of what I buy most often. Probably prefer Lucky Strike Red but too many places haven't got them. Prefer Marlboro to the other two as well but never think of getting them, and Carrolls are a little cheaper.

moonpurple wrote: »
    major, until I got lung cancer

What do you smoke now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Started with JP blue, then to Lucky Strike original and silver (silver because alot of places didn't have originals), then went through a phase of rolling - Amber Leaf,Golden Virginia and Sweet Afton,back to Lucky Strike again then onto Camel blue/Benson & Hedges Gold and now Malboro Lights or the odd Amber Leaf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

started with silk cut purple for about 2 years, moved onto Marlboro lights for 5 years, then onto Camel lights (my personal favourite), now I'm off the fags since 1st January 2010, so far so good! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Started off on major then gold bond, rothmans, carrolls kings, lambert and bulter, gave up for a few years then back to rothmans which I found too strong then onto john player blue and now superkings black. Have tried some of the cheaper brands but dont like them. Thinkin of goin on the rollies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

My dad smoked Silk Cut, thus I can never smoke them (Friend swapped me one at some stage, didnt like it at all).

First pack I bought was Superkings Menthol (Festival of World Cultures in Dun Laoghaire last year) really enjoyed them, but I was hammered so I have no idea whether I'll buy them again.

Moved on to Marlboro Menthol, liked them, but forgot to bring a box to my debs so I had to buy lights, ended up smoking them for a good while. Couldnt actually get Menthols for a good while (Any time I went I just ended up getting lights). Couple of weeks later I got a pack of menthols and I just couldnt smoke them :confused:

Tried Lucky Strike Silver and loved them, but for some reason the really disproportionate amount of CO and Tar in them put me off them. Tried Pall Mall Blue, really liked them, but my throat was in bits, so I tried Pall Mall Orange and am still smoking them. Did try a pack of Marlboro Silver at one stage and they just tasted like bleach :confused:

A friend scabbed two smokes of me last night (Camel Blues) she hands me two JP Blue this morning >_<

Hideousness incarnate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

my favourite are marlboro, then i got tongue cancer, now i have a voice box as the cancer spread to my vocal chords, i lost my home and family, but I still smoke, because I am not going to be lectured to by anybody, it is my choice no one elses, back off government:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Started on Carrolls, tried all sorts like More and Consulate (ugh), then had a brief flirtation with Dunhill, because I thought they looked cool (I know, scarlet for me) but they ripped the back of the throat off me. Moved to the little Silk Cut Reds when they were the only type of Silk Cut you could get. Stayed with them for years until I gave up. I don't think they sell them anymore.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Started on Carrolls, tried all sorts like More and Consulate (ugh), then had a brief flirtation with Dunhill, because I thought they looked cool (I know, scarlet for me) but they ripped the back of the throat off me. Moved to the little Silk Cut Reds when they were the only type of Silk Cut you could get. Stayed with them for years until I gave up. I don't think they sell them anymore.

Still sell them, little old people come in with the most ragged and raspy voices asking for them in the shop I work :D

Coffin nails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

The first box of fags I ever boght was JP Blue.they taste quite pleasant but burn away extremely fast. I was on the JP for a while and then tried Silk Cut Blue, found out they were not for me ( nor were purples).
    Then I went on to the Rothmans. Bleedin delicious. They're just like Benson except they last longer, are smoother and stronger. I actually only tried them out cos my granny smoked them. I hate the way the young whipper-snappers of today won't smoke them because they are percieved as an 'old-man' fag, as is Major (those stubby little fellas are tasty enough too). I also went through a woodbine stage but stopped when a big chunk of tobacco went down my throat and I gagged. I also am partial to the odd box of Marlborro now and then.
    When times are tough it's the Amberleaf,GV and drum though.

In conclusion, ROTHMANS FTW!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 username??

I started smoking 5 years ago...started on Benson & Hedges..went thru a phase of Major and Marlbro lights but wasnt long before I returned to Benson & Hedges:) cant beat them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

started smoking jp blue 19 years ago...still smoking them now and ocasionally smoke samson when times are hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

God.. can barely remember! Think I started off with Silkcut blue --->Silkcut purple--->Benson and Hedges--->Consulate--->More mint--->Superkings Menthol--->Mayfair menthol--->JP silver and now I'm smoking Marlboro lights. Might go back to Mayfair menthol though, they're easier on my chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Carrolls - Rothmans -Major- Marlboro - Camel no filter..still smoke them but you can't get them here any more so I have to 'ahem' import them.When I dont have them I'd smoke ordinary Camel( I smoked Lucky Strike non filter also but I think they're completely gone off the market now)

I smoke a pipe when I'm at home in the evenings- Petersons University Flake is a favourite

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Marlboro Reds/ B&H Gold/ Camel Blue. Depends really. Camels preferably but I'm poor atm so I'm on the rollies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I too like the retro box design for Major.
    Started with Carolls but also tried Bensons and also Major

Found the last two far too strong, Carolls was my only brand realy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

Was smoking for less than a year; started off on a local brand in Ethiopia called Nyala while I was there, moved onto Marlboro Red and before I stopped I alternated between Pall Mall and Lucky Strike Red. Lucky Strike were easily my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Smoke B&H mostly. Sometimes I might get Johnny Blue or Mayfair. Drum for when I've no money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Embassy, Silk Cut Purple, B&H, Rothmans, Carrolls, Drum Original, Marlboro Lights.

Have French Marlboro Menthol at the moment, they're a little stronger.

More tar and CO according to the box anyway >_<

I started on Major and moved to Rothmans 20+ years ago , thanks to the corrupting influence of this forum I now find myself buying Major twice a week - God but they're great !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Always smoked B and H's but switched to Golden Virginia and Drum rollies 8 months ago, savings are incredible and also got 10 50gram packets in Spain last week for 48euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Freefaller

Started with Silk cut purple 100's (nicked them from the folks) then went on to Benson and have been smoking them now for 8 years. if they don't have them ill get John Player. Cant beat the Benson though :) and hate when the young ones call them "old man smokes" really gets on my nerves. :mad: if you must judge try to estimate someone by their character, the other is such a trite way to indulge in stereotype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

delancey42 wrote: »
    I started on Major and moved to Rothmans 20+ years ago , thanks to the corrupting influence of this forum I now find myself buying Major twice a week - God but they're great !

Funny enough I was thinking of buying a packet too :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Fad wrote: »
    My dad smoked Silk Cut, thus I can never smoke them (Friend swapped me one at some stage, didnt like it at all).

First pack I bought was Superkings Menthol (Festival of World Cultures in Dun Laoghaire last year) really enjoyed them, but I was hammered so I have no idea whether I'll buy them again.

Moved on to Marlboro Menthol, liked them, but forgot to bring a box to my debs so I had to buy lights, ended up smoking them for a good while. Couldnt actually get Menthols for a good while (Any time I went I just ended up getting lights). Couple of weeks later I got a pack of menthols and I just couldnt smoke them :confused:

Tried Lucky Strike Silver and loved them, but for some reason the really disproportionate amount of CO and Tar in them put me off them. Tried Pall Mall Blue, really liked them, but my throat was in bits, so I tried Pall Mall Orange and am still smoking them. Did try a pack of Marlboro Silver at one stage and they just tasted like bleach :confused:
    Fad wrote: »
    Have French Marlboro Menthol at the moment, they're a little stronger.

More tar and CO according to the box anyway >_<

Wow you're really having trouble taking up smoking but stick with it you will get there eventually.

The main difference with cigarettes with lower tar and nicotine is bigger holes in the filter, but you cover most of that with your lips and fingers while smoking it anyway.

tuxy wrote: »
    Wow you're really having trouble taking up smoking but stick with it you will get there eventually.

The main difference with cigarettes with lower tar and nicotine is bigger holes in the filter, but you cover most of that with your lips and fingers while smoking it anyway.

I have no trouble, just seeing what's out there tbh.

No holes on the filters on Marlboro menthols, or at the very least they aren't visible like the ones on Marlboro lights.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Started Smoking on Marlboro Reds/stolen ones off my mum/sister

Smoked a camel filter in america and been on then since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 justaman

first for about 4 months smoked silk cut purple
    then flipping between amber leaf and drum
    then richman and capitals (fake but capitals where me fave )

Advertisement