Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

injection dosing

• 05-03-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭

hi all
    ive a few beef calves but am having trouble dosing via injection on my own.
    ive read that pour ons are expensive and i was getting 1/2 btls of fluke dose from a relative as neither of us would use a full one within the shelf life. would i be safer goin for pour on (fluke and lice) or are injection guns cheap enough to warrant getting one. i have a crush and do intend slowly building up the 'herd' . where can i buy an injection gun?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

dont think there is pour on for fluke yet.. you could get one of those injecting guns off your vet or try magenta direct on the net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

ag merchants or a veteraniayplae..prob cost €10 +..unsure
    i use pour-on..easier on man+beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

http://www.farmrite.co.uk/product/102070/Norbrook-Closamectin-Pour-On-Fluke-and-Worm-Solution-for-Cattle-250ml-NEW
    Closamectin covers everything and is easy to use but is a bit dear .
    The best advice I can give on injecting cattle is do it quick ie. push the plunger down fast as the needle goes in and use a short needle it just needs to get under the skin with practice you will have the needle in and out before the animal feels the pinch much like the vet TB testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

thanks for the replies.
    pour on is lookin like an option but will weather, i.e. rain , limit its use. also does anyone know if there is a shelf life ,once opened, with clostamectin.
    the needle i use is about 25mm long, probably way too long !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

cjmc wrote: »
    thanks for the replies.
    pour on is lookin like an option but will weather, i.e. rain , limit its use. also does anyone know if there is a shelf life ,once opened, with clostamectin.
    the needle i use is about 25mm long, probably way too long !
    It's on the package insert, think it's about 12 months?

• Advertisement
Advertisement