Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

09/10 Winter months rainfall

Options
  • 05-03-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone with a weather station got figures for rainfall? I'm interested to know how dry the Dec/Jan/Feb period was.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

There is the Met E winter summary

In my part of Wicklow it was quite a wet winter, (last 10 year averages in brackets)
    Dec 116.6mm (88.7)
    Jan 123.7mm (91.0)
    Feb 57.8mm (58.4)

My 2nd wettest winter on record, 3mm less than 02/03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Extremely dry winter here in the west, or at least in my part of it. According to the Tuam Hearld, a local weather observor recorded the driest Feb in many many years in Abbyknockmoy, just south of Tuam, just 0.49 inches recorded. A bit wetter here in town as my figure finished at 28mm, but still very very dry. My winter total amounted to just 60% of normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

the weathergossip rain day station got damaged in the winter ice and may not be repaired due to the recession :( but the remote sensor on rain gauge 2 in my back yard has figures from November 22nd - March 1st of exactly 182mm.

This is for Sligo Town, Cairns Drive.

Advertisement