Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we happy with BC2?

Options
  • 05-03-2010 2:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

PC version

I for one am loving it and cant get enough of it.

Positives

Breathtaking graphics
    Good performance
    Superb gameplay
    Weapons feel on the realistic side which is what i love - great to see proper recoil.
    Most people on the servers are a joy to game with - proper teamwork, no BS crap text talk unlike what is rampant in MW2 nowadays.

Negatives

Apart from the ongoing connection issues and the server browser i really cant fault the game.

Multiplayer is simply EPIC ,great job Dice!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Call me and old Romantic but what this game has in buckets is something missing from even the good games being around lately....ATMOSPHERE.

I swear I was nearly ducking down last night at one stage, even stooping down low when crawling when I taught I seen someone in the trees....excellant stuff.

PC VERSION...WHAT ELSE -FPS GAME- No Brainer!!! :)

Positives:

Graphics are immense...especially the Texture and Lighting.
    Sound is just so real....and 7.1 surround sound with this will scare the life outta yah.
    Destructable Cover is a huge plus....worth a mention on its own.
    In game speech is great...the odd...**** ME and **** THAT is great ;)
    Level Design so far is top notch....

Negatives:

Still the odd chopper rape a la MW....especially when on a team that does not give a **** and lets it happen.
    Tanks firing is not as realistic as it should be hitboxes seem a tad off especially in that Bradley tank wannabe.
    Nothing as heart braking when you start a round and 10 of an 11 man team are snipers!!!! FFS.

Overall...an absolute classic game. That can only get better.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Platform for both of the above reviews please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Keyzer wrote: »
    Platform for both of the above reviews please?

Updated above ^^ soz forgot to add that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

one thing i love is when you are aiming down sight and an enemy returns fire the impact of the bullets make your aiming go to s**t. Also sniping feels so nice, the slight delay it takes for the bullet to hit distant targets only to see you've popped someone is truly an awesome feeling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Very happy with BC2 so far. Finished the SP in about 5/6 hours and only have about 3 hours of MP but those 3 hours were filled with more than your average number of "Battlefield Moments".

The stunning graphics combined with the most amazing sound (war tapes setting) meant that just like Wonda-Boy, I spent most of the time dodging and ducking as though I was really in the jungle that I could see in my screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Got the PS3 version earlier on - i'll review later this evening and post my verdict but from what I've seen in terms of reviews then this game should be savage...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I would absolutely love the game but at the moment i cant get past how bad the server browser is- Its incredibly slow, very basic.

Besides that the grenades and knife having their own button are a shocking situation.
    Also the tanks not having their own sensitivity settings, thats killing me i cant play in tanks at all. I much prefer low sensitivity, even when i set my mouse DPi to 5600 i still cant use tanks at all.

Otherwise i love the game, its fast paced, very atmospheric, looks amazing. The weapons are great, just dont like the perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah but beans that is just silly Teething probs that has nothing to do with the game really...more logistics. If that is the worst thing I will take it no probs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Oh ya i hope so, i do love it but its such a struggle finding a game. I actually found the beta browser quicker :eek:. No i do love it, it makes me want BF3 even more though :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I find the best way to get a game is manually type the server name if there one you know of in the filter and hit search.
    Thats how i find our [TiG] server,saves the lenghty delay in refreshing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭extrinzic

What is with the absence of xbox controller support? Can't fly without my pad! Anybody would think that microsoft are trying to make it impossible for developers to support the xbox controller (think Bioshock 2: No reason why it wouldn't support the xbox controller out of the box, except maybe to promote the incentive to buy it on console!((for more))). Perhapse they think that we would be more likely to pay more for the console version (and console) if we use a flat-screen tv as our monitor (as it would be more difficult to sit right up at a tv using a mouse). If the code is in the "xbox" version, I can't see why we can't have native support for a joy-pad on PC (instead of "Joystick support" that doesn't recognise the difference between the left and right triggers, and also the right hand stick on the joypad).

PS: Great Game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm loving it so far. I hadn't really played any FPS in the last 2 years and BF2 was the last one so this game is a nice way to get back into it. Ranking up and getting unlocks seems to be fairly easy at the moment, I remember in BF2 it took ages to unlock new weapons. The amount of points to get to the next level will probably increase the higher you get. Can't really think of too many negatives except maybe that knife kills are far too easy to get, I've had loads of situations where I'm close up one on one with an enemy and they wont even bother firing and instead just go straight for the knife kill which wins out nearly every time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd be a lot happier if I could get multiplayer game going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dammit had plans for Bf tonight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Should have wrote PC version in the thread title.Console kiddies have dedicated forums to post their thoughts.Was going to get it today but will wait for bday next week to get.Have heard a few reasonable reviews from stoners who play fps so conquest seems to be as fun as i thought it would be.

Advertisement