Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much for 21st Present

Options
  • 05-03-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi all

not sure if this is the correct forum - its more about grandparenting :)

Does anyone know how much a grandparent might give a grandchild for their 21st Birthday.

I know its all relative to how much the grandparent has but I am just looking for some indication as to the average.

Many thanks for this
    Paddyo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I don't think there is an average really, it depends on the grandparents and the family, traditions within the family and what sort of presents you normally give for Christmas and birthdays.

A lot of my (female) friends got a piece of jewellery, either an heirloom or a new piece. Others had their 21st party paid for by the grandparents and or parents. One lucky one got a car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I'd say 50e in a card would be grand :)

Everyone loves getting money.
    If it's a girl- a piece jewellery would be apt.
    If it's a boy- hhmmm, I'd go with money.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it dependss 21 euro is a good starting point,50 if they can afford it.
    If it is a girl a piece of jewellery is a lovely present too.

Advertisement